• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Superman V. Jesus

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by Lovely Lane, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0
    Look! in the air, it's a bird, it's a plane...it's WHO, Superman or Jesus?

Is Superman a Christ figure, in having characteristics of Jesus?
    Christ figure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Superman and Jesus
    Superman and Jesus: Superman's Origin and Parallels to Jesus

Any Similarities?
    Is 'Man of Steel' Superman Really Based on Jesus?

Violence vs. Peace? shall we fight or teach not to fight?
    Mark Sandlin: Superman vs. Jesus

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0
    What others are saying...

JewishJournal.com

http://www.jewishjournal.com/bloggish/item/six_reasons_why_superman_is_jesus_christ_in_man_of_steel

3. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,228
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    Except that Superman wasn't sent to "save the Earth." His planet was about to be distroyed--his parents sent him to Earth to save him. His Earthly mother was originally named Mary but his father was originally not named, and the names of his Earthly parents varied over the years. They are most commonly named Martha and Jonathan.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  4. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0
    This thread is about that new Superman movie; "Man Of Steel" I haven't seen it but they say it has made millions already. Prior to the release, a private viewing for clergy took place. Thus, we have conversation of Superman v. Jesus in morals and in saving the world. Where Superman is given over to the enemy to save the world to die for it's sins, he was a natural born Kryton where others where hatched some how, etc.

I find it odd that clergy would use Superman to discuss Jesus, but I guess that is just me.

Man of Steel (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Man of Steel | Ministry Resources
    Man of Steel marketing campaign seeks to align Superman with Jesus | Film | guardian.co.uk

5. Archivist

Archivist Senior Veteran Supporter

+4,228
    Lutheran
    Single
    US-Republican
    Sorry. That wasn't stated in the title of the thread.

6. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0
    that's true, it being current affairs and the movie was released a few days ago I thought it was a given.

7. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Newbie

+38
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Superman is a MYTH. It's a FICTION story.

Jesus Christ is real and alive.

The movie itself is basically a promotion for the Anithchrist. The over-the-top comparisons in the movie with The Lord Jesus Christ are blasphemy. But that has not stopped thousands of pastors across the country from preaching pre-written "Man of Steel" sermons and forcing this nonsense on their unwitting congregations.

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. - 2 Peter 1:16.

8. Jake Brake

Jake Brake Newbie

+4
    Christian Seeker
    I can see the similarities. Both use super powers to fight crime and save the world.

The only differences I see is that Superman doesn't condemn anyone to hell, Superman isn't prejudiced in only saving one set of people first before others, Superman respects the rights of all citizens whereas the church who is the voice of Jesus does otherwise.

The reason I point out the differences is that Christians explained it to me those things I listed, so it must be the opinion of all Christians. Jesus came to save the Jews, then when they refused Jesus, then the Gentiles were the secondary group to be saved.
    Also, I'm told that homosexuals are not to be married according to the church. And also, Jesus sends those to hell who refuse to follow him.