• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Super Meanie Genie!

Discussion in 'Recreation Room' started by DannyB, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+18,136
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Granted, you're in Dixie. It's 1861. Get your uniform on.

I wish to own my own hedge fund.

2. mama2one

mama2one Well-Known Member

+8,337
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    granted
    now you can buy new hedge trimmers & ALL the neighbors want you to trim their hedges, too

wish for child to have one more snow day

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. Quid est Veritas?

Quid est Veritas? In Memoriam to CS Lewis

+8,937
    Protestant
    Married
    Granted. The earth heats up to such an extent that that was the last snow ever to fall.

I wish I had enough bookcases

4. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+7,313
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Granted. Your excess books have been given to the Books Are Really Fun Foundation. BARFF thanks you.

I wish random thoughts were profitable.

5. Quid est Veritas?

+8,937
    Protestant
    Married
    Granted. As thinking is now profitable, it gets tightly regulated, taxed, and policed to an ever increasing extent to feed the bureaucratic machinery.

I wish for a good night's sleep.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. public hermit

+7,313
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Granted. You've volunteered to replace some poor sap on the chain gang. Not only are you physically exhausted but your conscience is satiated in the glory of your good deed. You're sleeping like a baby.

I wish I were twins.

7. Chesterton

+18,136
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Granted, but your twin just robbed a bank and fled the country, so your face is on all the Wanted posters.

I wish there was a non-alcoholic whiskey.

8. public hermit

+7,313
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Granted. Unfortunately, you are now a non-whiskey alcoholic, which is better but not by much.

How I wish we had a twelve-step program for people who spent too much time on CF!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Quid est Veritas?

+8,937
    Protestant
    Married
    Granted. The programme now has its own forum on CF, where you can post and discuss it.

I wish the Marx that keeps being admired by modern politics was Groucho, not Karl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Chesterton

+18,136
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Granted in part. I split the difference and modern politics now derives its ethos from this '80's pop idol:

[​IMG]

I wish electricity had never been invented. (Invented, discovered, harnessed, whatever.)

11. Quid est Veritas?

+8,937
    Protestant
    Married
    Granted. In the early 1700s the fearsome Amish warlord, Josephat Mecklinaburg, overran the rest of the world, establishing the Ordnung Militant system. Odd that hecwould succeed, but you know, magic. It enforces a brutal regime of barnbuilding and butter-churning.

I wish I could get good help these days.

12. public hermit

+7,313
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Granted. Now everything is done for you. Welcome to your new life where you have no purpose and a belly that extends farther than your dreams.

I wish for a better temperament, please.

13. Quid est Veritas?

+8,937
    Protestant
    Married
    Granted. Since you wish for a better temperament, invoking wording from the humoural system of Galen, the entire world is now based on the ancient Four Element model of Physics that it grew from. Subsequently, no modern technology or medicine works anymore.

I wish for cake.

14. Chesterton

+18,136
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Granted. Here's your broccoli cake.

I wish puppies would stay puppies forever.

15. public hermit

+7,313
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Granted, but we could only achieve this most worthy of wishes if all puppies were boarded by you. No other volunteers stepped forward, and since this is your wish...Enjoy the puppies, and everything you own being torn to shreds! Aren't they cute!

I wish PETA would finally accept the yearly invitation to my world famous BBQ. They've hurt my feelings.

16. Quid est Veritas?

+8,937
    Protestant
    Married
    Granted, but due to the awkwardness of PETA being present, everyone only brings sawdust-like meat substitutes and vegan sauces based on unpronouncable ingredients from obscure countries that all taste of rotten fish. That is until your aunt Edith arrives in her fur coat, leading to a fit of apoplectics and more paint flying than toddlers doing finger-painting.

I wish I could get these stains out of my carpet.

17. lucypevensie

lucypevensie Not drinking the kool-aid Supporter

+25,295
    Christian
    Married
    Granted. I got all the stains out with bleach, and now you have blotchy carpet.

I wish I were still on vacation.

18. gennypearl

gennypearl ... Supporter

+46,366
    Catholic
    Single
    Granted, but you can't go home unless this pandemic is over.

I wish for this world to be a wish granting factory.

19. Chesterton

+18,136
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Granted, but Communists have taken control of the factory.

I wish grapefruit came pre-sliced.

20. Quid est Veritas?

+8,937
    Protestant
    Married
    Granted, but each slice is individually wrapped in tiny plastic sachets that is almost impossible to grip and open.

I wish to get out of here.