Sunflowers :)

samantha19

Jul 31, 2005
✟7,908.00
Faith
Christian
:wave: hello everyone, i'm new here, and this is my first topic thingy, yay.
anywho, well does anyone here grow sunflowers? :)

because my sister and i do. they're extremely beautiful and resilient plants. and i hadn't known there was such a thing as red sunflowers until they blossomed.

sunflowers are pretty but they're not my favorite type of flower. daisies are, yay^_^

well bye everyone

Wildwood

Jun 11, 2005
✟1,023.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
I love sunflowers! They're so cheerful looking.

I didn't plant mine in enough sun this year, and they didn't thrive. But, my neighbor has some that I'm enjoying looking at.

I've seen the red ones in the seed catalog, and thought they would be fun to try. I think they were called "red velvet"?

I remember driving through the midwest in late-August and seeing fields of sunflowers--so beautiful to see!

The biggest, prettiest, strongest one I've had was a volunteer last year that must have come from my bird feeder! (I think God was reminding me that He's the Master Gardener.)

Upvote 0

rosasharon

Aug 3, 2005
✟7,691.00
Faith
Christian
I'm a sunflower lover too. I've had wonderful sunflower gardens in the past - there are so many variations and colors - red, brown, multi-flowered, dwarf - it's amazing. This year's crop was a big disappointment - I don't know why - bad seeds, maybe. I grew hollyhocks this past year, though and they grew to about 8 ft. tall - my front yard looked like an English Cottage garden. I don't believe you can be an atheist if you are a gardener.

Reactions: Wildwood
Upvote 0

Alive again

A daughter of the King of Kings!
Feb 21, 2005
Pacific Northwest, USA
✟23,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is not to love about sunflowers of any shape or size!!!! I have repeat volunteers evry year! I also have seen them growing wild along the roadside in Kansas and field of them in the midwest. But most recently I was delighted by the fields of sunflowers everywhere in Austria. They grow them for in and on their breads. What a delight to see and taste!!!! So many blessings from our Creator God!!!

Upvote 0

Wildwood

Jun 11, 2005
✟1,023.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
rosasharon said:
.... I don't believe you can be an atheist if you are a gardener.

Amen!

Despite the summer heat, one of the sunflower seeds I planted in late June has given me a beautiful flower! I planted about 12 Moonshine sunflower seeds, and only 2 seedlings survived. Sometimes they were so wilted and straggly--I almost gave up on them. But, this morning, there it was, a cheerful flower. We don't know when we plant a seed and then water it, if it will survive and someday bloom. But, if we don't plant the seeds, we will never see the flowers.

Upvote 0