Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
People, you know, today i missed sunday mass. I worked late last night and woke late. Cant go to evening mass as i am back in work. Ok, i have to go to confession at some point.

I been thinking, do you think that missing a mass on the weekend is a sin or is it only classed as a sin as the Catholic church decided to give it that penalty so that it could force people into attending every weekend so that its coffers remained full?

Have i a bad mind for thinking that?

Offeiriad

Christian Spiritual Guide
Jun 25, 2012
France
✟22,653.00
Country
France
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think missing Sunday Mass is a sin, in the sense that it is a failure to do our duty towards God of prioritising worshipping Him on the Lord's Day. No, I don't agree with your attempt to lessen the reality of that duty by suggesting the Church made it a duty for unworthy reasons.

But hey, I'm an Anglican! - what do I know?

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I think missing Sunday Mass is a sin, in the sense that it is a failure to do our duty towards God of prioritising worshipping Him on the Lord's Day. No, I don't agree with your attempt to lessen the reality of that duty by suggesting the Church made it a duty for unworthy reasons.

But hey, I'm an Anglican! - what do I know?

I Agree.
St Paul is quite explicit in his Sunday worship address so this is not something that some pope has stipulated just to be a dork.

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
I Agree.
St Paul is quite explicit in his Sunday worship address so this is not something that some pope has stipulated just to be a dork.

Can you please post that bit of scripture please or tell me what verse? Thank you

Upvote 0