Oct 7, 2014
✟488,858.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There are those (Sabbath keepers) who fear, and are predicting the coming of Sunday Laws.

What is Sunday Law? How would it be worded and in-forced?

During the four hundred year inquisition in Spain, the accused were not accused of not keeping Sunday they were accused of keeping the Sabbath or Judaism, punishable by death.

If Sunday Law said not to do something such as work on Sunday, that should not be a problem; if Sunday Law meant doing something violating God's Law, that would be something, like bowing down to an image. Generally the Law of men do not force people to break God's Law; the Laws on homosexual do not force people to be homosexual.

Not being allowed to work on Sunday is not a problem, but being forced to work on the Sabbath would be another matter.

One of the old Puritan States in America had a Sunday Law; anyone working on Sunday would be put to death by hanging; nobody was ever charged, convicted or hung but 30 years ago that Sunday Law was still a valid active Law on that States Laws, never being repealed.

History repeats itself, if keeping the Sabbath becomes punishable by death again or even prison, then we will have a problem.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If one would read the history of those who think United States will pass laws prohibiting worship on any day of the week you will find out that the prediction took place in the 19th century and the laws were be mandated in the near future. Predictions went wild and the outcome is that we are further from passing any laws that would make it a crime to worship on any day. Those predictions were aimed at the people who would fall for just about anything in the wind. It was/is a way to get people to join such groups. Unfortunately there are still those who subscribe to such theories and they are adamant in spreading those old fears.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟488,858.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If one would read the history of those who think United States will pass laws prohibiting worship on any day of the week you will find out that the prediction took place in the 19th century and the laws were be mandated in the near future. Predictions went wild and the outcome is that we are further from passing any laws that would make it a crime to worship on any day. Those predictions were aimed at the people who would fall for just about anything in the wind. It was/is a way to get people to join such groups. Unfortunately there are still those who subscribe to such theories and they are adamant in spreading those old fears.

I disagree with these people also but in a different way to you. Religion is to the Beast as a sledge hammer is to communism; but the beast is not all about religion, depending on how one considers religion; the beast is primarily about government.

As Bible prophesy is abstract, interpretations of prophesy are not abstract. The number of protraction derived from an abstract are infinite and the interpreter settles on one of the possible set with no chance of being exclusively correct; on the other hand, history is exclusively one of the set. Still a large portion of the Bible is prophesy and should not b e neglected.

These people have certain things going for them; history repeats itself, if it has happened before it will happen again. They have tunnel vision, what they see is probably true but they miss much of what is visible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrl75c5Y0-g&list=PLK7kUli-mCh_WbWAXadHsoYnZhU5h1ZkG

Semantics is a key factor, but; mixing state and church is a strange one. When I try to understand what religion is for me, I compare what God gave to Israel with what I perceive Paganism to be and religion is the difference. What God gave to Israel was a system of government, a type of the Kingdom of God; Paganism is also systems of government; so what I call religion is uniquely Pagan.

When it comes to the kingdom of God can the congregation be separated from the state (kingdom), I think not ; as priests the congregation are the government. With the Papacy the congregation is the laity, separated from the priesthood, so church and State is separated. What these people are concerned about is secular Government being under Church control, and passing religious Law and facilitating persecution.

These people will not be asleep when the Lord returns; they may be preoccupied.

Upvote 0