Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As I was reading about the upcoming rare solar eclipse across the USA... I realized the sun darkened and the moon not giving light [Matthew 24:29] could describe a solar eclipse. There will be a lot of people watching this one on August 21.

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was trying to find video on youtube showing model so i can check where are the best places to see eclipse from , and under every video there are tons of comments talking why is this eclipse from west to east , what is this all about ?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was trying to find video on youtube showing model so i can check where are the best places to see eclipse from , and under every video there are tons of comments talking why is this eclipse from west to east , what is this all about ?

They always occur in this direction, because the earth's rotation and the orbit of the moon around the earth are always in the same direction, during every solar eclipse.
However, the path will not always be exactly west to east due to slight variations in the position and orbit of the sun, earth, and moon.

I am a retired science teacher who was a witness to the annular eclipse of 1984.

That day my students watched the event through solar filters.

It got dark enough for the street lights to come on for about 2 minutes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

This rare eclipse can be seen across the USA from sea to sea. Millions of tourists have been compelled to go to the eclipse totality areas to watch it. Schools are closing in those areas because of all the tourist traffic and concern or children's safety. Many of the smaller towns in totality areas are already running out of gasoline.

Not only will the sun be darkened and the moon not give light... during the eclipse totality stars will appear then disappear which might fit "stars falling from heaven."

whole-us.jpg

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
I will be delivering mail that day with my solar eclipse glasses ready.

My mail man must wear them every day on his route. I get to finish his job for him when he can't get the mail into the right box. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
As I was reading about the upcoming rare solar eclipse across the USA... I realized the sun darkened and the moon not giving light [Matthew 24:29] could describe a solar eclipse. There will be a lot of people watching this one on August 21.

I was looking at that one too. I don't think we have too much more time to wait. But the August 21 eclipse is not the "darkened" sun. On August 21 the sun will be turned into darkness, complete darkness, not merely "darkened". If the former could be considered a total eclipse of the sun, then the latter would be considered a partial eclipse of the sun.

With the "darkened" sun beginning at one point of the globe on a Saturday, and ending at another local of the planet on Sunday, it's difficult, if not impossible, to know which of the days or what hour the Event will take place. Did Jesus just give us the times and seasons that were set in place by the Father?

When He told the disciples: "It's not for YOU to know", was He speaking just to them? Or was He also speaking to the final generation that would be living in the minutes prior to His imminent return?

Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
This rare eclipse can be seen across the USA from sea to sea. Millions of tourists have been compelled to go to the eclipse totality areas to watch it. Schools are closing in those areas because of all the tourist traffic and concern or children's safety. Many of the smaller towns in totality areas are already running out of gasoline.

And there's a cruise ship that will be stationed in the path of totality where Bonnie Tyler will be waiting to sing "Total eclipse of the heart" right as the eclipse covers the ship. Wow, I guess there won't be too many people in attendance there having the thought that there could be any apocalyptic ramifications with this event.

Party on....

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was looking at that one too. I don't think we have too much more time to wait. But the August 21 eclipse is not the "darkened" sun. On August 21 the sun will be turned into darkness, complete darkness, not merely "darkened". If the former could be considered a total eclipse of the sun, then the latter would be considered a partial eclipse of the sun.

Other areas of the USA will see partial eclipse of the sun.
That is what we will see here in Texas, a partial eclipse.
That is why millions are traveling to the totality areas.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And there's a cruise ship that will be stationed in the path of totality where Bonnie Tyler will be waiting to sing "Total eclipse of the heart" right as the eclipse covers the ship. Wow, I guess there won't be too many people in attendance there having the thought that there could be any apocalyptic ramifications with this event.

Party on....
And the band played on.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Revelation 6:12
Joel 2:31
Acts 2:20
The above verses talk about the moon turning to blood, or red as blood, and the sun turned to darkness. I think they all refer to the same thing as Matthew 24:29. One thing people never mention is that it seems to describe both a solar and lunar eclipse. In a lunar eclipse, the moon doesn't just get darker; it also gets red. It doesn't get red in a solar eclipse (as far as I know), in any way that would be noticed.

That's the real key to it. The world has seen plenty of both, and neither one is remarkable enough to portend anything. However, a solar and lunar eclipse at the same time cannot happen under normal circumstances. It would require a fourth object, unknown, to block the light and cast a shadow on both the Earth and the moon at the same time. Or...it could just be an unexplained event, just to drive people crazy. If it is another object, then it isn't whizzing by, and it's in the same orbital plain as Earth, which makes a collision all the more likely. Revelation 8:11 talks of the star Wormwood crashing to earth, but that connection might be too much of a stretch.

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

imsaneru

Jun 18, 2017
melbourne
✟35,458.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

Does this mean that the pre tribbers are about to take off ?

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
And the band played on.

Hi HM, that's a good one. Sarah Fuller Flower Adams wrote the hymn
in 1841, three years before Jesus began cleansing Heaven's Temple. She died at 43 of tuberculosis in 1848. And get this, she died on AUGUST 21, the same day as the USA eclipse. I wonder if Bonnie Tyler will sing it in 2017. Not likely.

The song was never meant to be a sad one. It was about Jacob's ladder, meeting God in our dreams. This Library of Congress humble recording of Mississippi John Hurt is an upbeat happy version.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Other areas of the USA will see partial eclipse of the sun.

OK, but if they went in the house and looked at a live video of the eclipse, would it still be a "darkened" sun, or would the sun be "turned into darkness"?

That is what we will see here in Texas, a partial eclipse.

Are you sure that you really wouldn't be seeing a total eclipse that is occuring in another location? Would a true partial eclipse, a sun that is merely "darkened", ever be seen at any location on earth as a total eclipse, with the sun "turned into darkness"?

That is why millions are traveling to the totality areas.

If those people looked up but could not actually see because of cloud cover, would that eclipse still be total?

I guess the thing I'm trying to say here is that it's not our point of view that is the determiner of what is a total or partial eclipse.

This screenshot has 1 total solar eclipse, 1 annular solar eclipse and 4 partial eclipses of the sun. One sun is turned into complete darkness, four are merely "darkened".

Tetradbg6_zpsc96d17a5.jpg

Upvote 0

VARZR

Apr 16, 2017
Virginia
✟20,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I would pay much more attention to it as a sign of the return of Jesus if the totality was over Jerusalem. The eclipse may or may not be a sign meant for the nation of the United States.

I tend to think that the darkening of the Sun and Moon are likely to have more to do with being obscured with dust, smoke, and debris from a volcano, nuclear war, asteroid impact, or some other calamity than from an eclipse. But of course it could be an eclipse or it could be some completely super natural darkening. We won't know for sure till the time comes.

• Agree
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

imsaneru

Jun 18, 2017
melbourne
✟35,458.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I tend to think that the darkening of the Sun and Moon are likely to have more to do with being obscured with dust, smoke, and debris from a volcano, nuclear war, asteroid impact, or some other calamity than from an eclipse
That's a good point. Remember when Saddam lit the oil wells ,there were reports about the sun and moon looking strange even then.

Upvote 0