North
✟11,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like having my kids home, but they need more structure that we're having a hard time fulfilling. My son has never done well with summers and would likely do better with a year round school. My daughter doesn't like school much.

We did three vacation bible schools in our area, which helped a lot for my daughter. My son on the other hand only liked the first two. The last was boring since they did the same craft everyday all week, and there was a bully bothering majority of the kids.

I worked five 11-12 hour days (with small commute added in), and my wife has MS, which makes it hard for her to entertain the kids and care for them. She gets tired easy and needs rest. So the kids going back to school is a huge blessing for the kids and my wife.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep, summer always goes by the fastest.

yes, daughter and I talking this morn and wondering where June and July went

she was So excited yesterday to get school supplies so guess she's looking forward to school starting
(even though she's still enjoying being off school)

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I usually dread it, but this year I've been too busy to get emotional about it. When I have a day off work during the week, I always miss the boys and wish they were home with me. I feel that we get too tired to keep going five days a week every week for most of the months out of a year, especially during cold and flu season. I wish there were more breaks, and would be willing to give up part of the summer for more breaks during the school year.

My son is excited about school starting, but he really loves his school and didn't want the last school year to end. He is very into art, and has signed up for as much art as they would allow him to.

In the past I have hated dealing with the school system because of my sons' struggles, but things are so different now. In the previous years, I would look for ways to homeschool or do online public school just in case I needed to yank them out. I came close several times. If last year hadn't gone well for my youngest, he would not be going this year because I had plans to keep him home for the remainder of his education if it didn't.

• Friendly
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
yes, daughter and I talking this morn and wondering where June and July went

she was So excited yesterday to get school supplies so guess she's looking forward to school starting
(even though she's still enjoying being off school)

I'm in college & I still love shopping for back to school supplies, lol. My favourite part was seeing friends of course but my 2nd fav was def. the shopping!!!

Did she get new clothes too? I always liked that. It would be hot still but we'd go ahead & get the coats & stuff we were gonna need when it got cold.

I miss being little now. I still love starting back at college & seeing friends but it's def not the same as it used to be. How old is your daughter?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have been so busy and overwhelmed by the daily gruel of life, that I feel like I missed the summer. Writing a Christmas story for most of the summer didn't help. Now that school has started and people are starting to get excited about fall, I'm ready for summer to begin! LOL

• Optimistic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums