Aurora Co
✟19,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I tried my best to write a book about my suicide attempt in 2012 which left me handicapped and it sold very few copies. In fact, when people ask me, "are you a military veteran? Or what happened?" I am often way too ashamed to tell the truth so I just say it was a hiking accident to keep small talk to remain small.

The mystery is, and to this day I stick with it, I feel like I am a better man these last 6-7 years than I have ever been my whole life regardless of how good or bad I have felt. My feelings are irrelevant. I’m not measuring my feelings after all, but I’m measuring my relationship with God. Even though I have a prosthetic foot, a broken spine, several ribs removed etc… I am more upright than I’ve ever been and I’m sure of it.

When I was a boy, I was introduced to Jesus by my older sister Maureen. What hurt me most about modern day Christianity was that every time I would go to church they would ask us to accept Jesus into our hearts. The first time was fine, but then I was confused and frustrated that I had to do it over and over again. Another thing that hit me time and time again, was when I went to master-bate. Me and the guys would joke so I know there are others out there.. I would be so over ridden with guilt that often times I didn’t know if I would go to Hell or not. No one told me that I would be saved no matter what. Maybe no one knew themselves. After a while of feeling so tired of feeling guilty you kind of just say to yourself, “well if I don’t believe then I won’t feel bad after I do it.” I’d come back to God but it was the cycle of leaving and coming back to God that made other practices such as Buddhism and other easy “no guilt” practices very attractive. It was all too easy and I didn’t have to take responsibility for anything. But the problem was, the less I felt guilty, the more I got away with sin, and the more I got away with sin, the more I became guilty.

I quickly or more or less, slowly, became the sinner I never dreamed I would become. Because I had forsaken my first love, Jesus.

I became a pot smoker. A cigarette smoker. A drinker.

The main one here was cigarette smoking. The months leading up to my suicide try, I was smoking 1-2 packs a day. I had no control over the addiction. In the morning when my eye lids would open, my whole soul would cry out, “Dear God, not another day.” Then I would search out the lighter and cigarettes I had thrown in the garage trash can the night before. Then I would smoke. Then I would await the demon possession that I would get on weekly basis.

Whatever it was that caused me to jump at the Canyon that day, it’s over now. I smoke no. I drink no. I curse no. I lie….sometimes..(Joke) I love God and I am right with my Father in Heaven. So yes. God works in mysterious ways. We have yet to see His Glory! So keep moving. Keep going. Keep breathing. God bless!

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I tried my best to write a book about my suicide attempt in 2012 which left me handicapped and it sold very few copies. In fact, when people ask me, "are you a military veteran? Or what happened?" I am often way too ashamed to tell the truth so I just say it was a hiking accident to keep small talk to remain small.

The mystery is, and to this day I stick with it, I feel like I am a better man these last 6-7 years than I have ever been my whole life regardless of how good or bad I have felt. My feelings are irrelevant. I’m not measuring my feelings after all, but I’m measuring my relationship with God. Even though I have a prosthetic foot, a broken spine, several ribs removed etc… I am more upright than I’ve ever been and I’m sure of it.

When I was a boy, I was introduced to Jesus by my older sister Maureen. What hurt me most about modern day Christianity was that every time I would go to church they would ask us to accept Jesus into our hearts. The first time was fine, but then I was confused and frustrated that I had to do it over and over again. Another thing that hit me time and time again, was when I went to master-bate. Me and the guys would joke so I know there are others out there.. I would be so over ridden with guilt that often times I didn’t know if I would go to Hell or not. No one told me that I would be saved no matter what. Maybe no one knew themselves. After a while of feeling so tired of feeling guilty you kind of just say to yourself, “well if I don’t believe then I won’t feel bad after I do it.” I’d come back to God but it was the cycle of leaving and coming back to God that made other practices such as Buddhism and other easy “no guilt” practices very attractive. It was all too easy and I didn’t have to take responsibility for anything. But the problem was, the less I felt guilty, the more I got away with sin, and the more I got away with sin, the more I became guilty.

I quickly or more or less, slowly, became the sinner I never dreamed I would become. Because I had forsaken my first love, Jesus.

The main one here was cigarette smoking. The months leading up to my suicide try, I was smoking 1-2 packs a day. I had no control over the addiction. In the morning when my eye lids would open, my whole soul would cry out, “Dear God, not another day.” Then I would search out the lighter and cigarettes I had thrown in the garage trash can the night before. Then I would smoke. Then I would await the demon possession that I would get on weekly basis.

Whatever it was that caused me to jump at the Canyon that day, it’s over now. I smoke no. I drink no. I curse no. I lie….sometimes..(Joke) I love God and I am right with my Father in Heaven. So yes. God works in mysterious ways. We have yet to see His Glory! So keep moving. Keep going. Keep breathing. God bless!
Thanks for sharing. Praise God for your healing.

Upvote 0

LovesOurLord

Jun 19, 2018
Denver
✟15,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes. Sometimes incredible pain can leave us better people, better Christians. Thank you so much for sharing. Bless you.

This is true and people tend to forget that stuff when they proclaim that God doesn't exist because He doesn't end suffering. Not only is suffering a subjective term, but with no suffering or challenges, how do we learn or grow?

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Bless you for this testimony and may you be God's lighthouse to others who are suffering and contemplating suicide as a way out.
God is always the answer, No matter the question.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

ColinJesusboy28

Nov 14, 2013
Aurora Co
✟19,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, and I have connections with my local neighborhood (Aurora Mental Health system) that I think I should get back into because I am fully equipped now to help people. Before I was useless. I know it hurts, but when you live a fairly sinful life you really can't help people. It would be like the blind leading the blind. But I think I could really help people now.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Thanks for your testimony :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What did/do you guys think of the part of my testimony about slipping into other religious practices because they gave me an "easy way out." Does anyone relate to this?

Your testimony is a sad one. I turned to atheism for a year because I think deep down I didn’t want to have to suffer for any reason including Christ. I told people it was because I didn’t see how God could be good if there was suffering in this world but what I was really talking about was my own suffering which compared to others probably wasn’t much. I called myself an atheist at least but looking back on it I still believed in spirits and miracles cuz I was still trying to decipher the future through dreams and read peoples minds with telepathy. I was never able to do either but I tried.

I’m only a Christian now because God spoke to me in a dream a year after I left the faith. I see my slip into whatever it was I was doing as very similar to your switch to another religion even if I wasn’t studying different religious or magic texts. I struggle with wanting to die too. I’m glad you found the will to live after that

• Prayers
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

ColinJesusboy28

Nov 14, 2013
Aurora Co
✟19,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi sea, I'm glad that the Lord decided to give you that dream. Remember that dream always. He will speak to you more and more. I you take steps toward him The Lord will always take steps toward you! Someday, we will shine with Him and the Holy Angels Amen!

Reactions: sea5763
Upvote 0

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi sea, I'm glad that the Lord decided to give you that dream. Remember that dream always. He will speak to you more and more. I you take steps toward him The Lord will always take steps toward you! Someday, we will shine with Him and the Holy Angels Amen!

Thanks I do think about that dream often even though it was over a decade ago. I’ve been wondering if He has occassionally spoken to me since then in dreams but I’m not certain about it

Upvote 0