• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Suicidal, and have bad thoughts

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For years I was terrified that God didn't love me because of my sin. I had demons talking to me, telling me to do the most terrible kind of activities, this convinced me that hell would be my lot.

However God loved me anyway and got me away from those voices - through medications - and set me free in His love.

If you are scared that God doesn't love you because of your sin, then that is the devil telling you that, so that he can keep you in his power. God loved us while we were still sinners the Bible tells us, believe this and be freed from your sin - whatever it is.

If you are scared that God doesn't love you because of your sin then you need God's love more than those who think that they are okay and that is why God loves them. Sin doesn't disqualify you for salvation - but rather it qualifies you!

God wants to save the sinners - not those who don't sin!:hug:

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
For years I was terrified that God didn't love me because of my sin. I had demons talking to me, telling me to do the most terrible kind of activities, this convinced me that hell would be my lot.

However God loved me anyway and got me away from those voices - through medications - and set me free in His love.

If you are scared that God doesn't love you because of your sin, then that is the devil telling you that, so that he can keep you in his power. God loved us while we were still sinners the Bible tells us, believe this and be freed from your sin - whatever it is.

If you are scared that God doesn't love you because of your sin then you need God's love more than those who think that they are okay and that is why God loves them. Sin doesn't disqualify you for salvation - but rather it qualifies you!

God wants to save the sinners - not those who don't sin!:hug:

I don't know how to believe that anymore. I've talked to God about this, but He doesn't seem to be answering. He's not taking me away from these thoughts and feelings. They're getting worse.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If I may know, what is your sin that is so great that you don't believe that God doesn't love you?

"I'm a bad person" isn't a legit reason. At fourteen, there's really nothing you can do that's considered bad, just immature at most.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If I may know, what is your sin that is so great that you don't believe that God doesn't love you?

"I'm a bad person" isn't a legit reason. At fourteen, there's really nothing you can do that's considered bad, just immature at most.

I don't think you get it...

It's not a "one unforgivable sin" thing. It's that I always sin the same ones over and over and over again. Even though I try not to, I ask God to help, I still do them. Whether it be attitude, swearing out of anger or frustration, or just plain deliberate sinning. Doesn't a real Christian (one who is truly saved and is seeking God with all his/her heart) get better at resisting sin? Doesn't that person also feel joy which I've never felt? Doesn't that person also trust God?

I have none of these qualities. I've gotten WORSE for Pete's sake. I mean it's kind of obvious. Another thing, shouldn't, if I were truly saved, I feel like I'm WORTH something? Shouldn't I also feel comfort from God?

I've actually repeatedly accepted Jesus just to make sure "it went through" Lol, but I don't think it did. I know I need Him, I know I can't get to heaven without Him. But none of the things I keep hearing about, things like "Oh how wonderful it was when I first believed" and all that, I've never felt/has never happened.

God's also supposed to teach me how to help people. Yeah, that's working real well...

Someone in another thread told me I'm not trying hard enough...

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how to believe that anymore. I've talked to God about this, but He doesn't seem to be answering. He's not taking me away from these thoughts and feelings. They're getting worse.

It is up to you to decide which way you will go. I can only warn you about a life away from the Lord and His love over you.

The lie deceives us

He always ends up getting us in trouble

He kills true self and hijacks the spirit into control and slavery (to pay for it all)

In The End he slays us and we gnash our teeth.

while life with Jesus;

He loves us true!

He teaches us out of His Word.

He protects us from evil.

He teaches us what love is.

He takes us Home with Him.

t' Eternal Hallelujah!

Upvote 0
Apr 2, 2013
✟17,827.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Have you seen a doctor regarding your anxiety? Also doubting your salvation can be obsessive compulsive disorder it's not that you don't have enough faith because you do. I have obsessive compulsive disorder which is basically anxiety. Please have a look on Grantley Morris website under scrupulosity. God loves you.

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think you get it...

It's not a "one unforgivable sin" thing. It's that I always sin the same ones over and over and over again. Even though I try not to, I ask God to help, I still do them. Whether it be attitude, swearing out of anger or frustration, or just plain deliberate sinning. Doesn't a real Christian (one who is truly saved and is seeking God with all his/her heart) get better at resisting sin? Doesn't that person also feel joy which I've never felt? Doesn't that person also trust God?

I have none of these qualities. I've gotten WORSE for Pete's sake. I mean it's kind of obvious. Another thing, shouldn't, if I were truly saved, I feel like I'm WORTH something? Shouldn't I also feel comfort from God?

I've actually repeatedly accepted Jesus just to make sure "it went through" Lol, but I don't think it did. I know I need Him, I know I can't get to heaven without Him. But none of the things I keep hearing about, things like "Oh how wonderful it was when I first believed" and all that, I've never felt/has never happened.

God's also supposed to teach me how to help people. Yeah, that's working real well...

Someone in another thread told me I'm not trying hard enough...

The only person who cannot sin is Jesus, according to the Bible. You will sin, and you will fall. It happens. You can't just rely on God to change, you have to do it too--even if you fail, you just have to try again and again, learn from your mistakes. At your age, you're expected to make mistakes and even though people will scorn you and yell at you for it, you're only a human being. It happens. It's okay. Like, I understand that Christianity says that sin is not okay, but the thing is, Jesus died for you, didn't he? You have forgiveness if you truly mean you are sorry for them.

If there's things you want to change about yourself, you can't just sit around and waiting for some kind of miracle or answer from God. You have to do it yourself as well. And yeah, you'll mess up along the way, but hey, it happens. Try and try again, keep going at it. Small steps are great.

Of course it went through. I'm agnostic and from my understanding and being taught, once Jesus is in your heart, he's there. He speaks to everyone differently. It may not have been this grandeur thing for you, this "oh wow! i feel so great, I feel something moving in me!" doesn't happen to everyone. Over time, it can be subtle until you're a completely different person or you feel differently. You won't notice it, but others will. But you have to make a few steps instead of just sitting around and constantly praying.

Have you even tried to help people? Go volunteer somewhere, a soup kitchen or donate a little bit of your allowance to a charity. Or it doesn't even have to be that, talk to the lonely kid who always sits alone at lunch. All of these things can be remedied by trying and doing, and not getting deterred if you mess up just once.

"Not trying hard enough" that's lovely.

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is up to you to decide which way you will go. I can only warn you about a life away from the Lord and His love over you.

The lie deceives us

He always ends up getting us in trouble

He kills true self and hijacks the spirit into control and slavery (to pay for it all)

In The End he slays us and we gnash our teeth.

while life with Jesus;

He loves us true!

He teaches us out of His Word.

He protects us from evil.

He teaches us what love is.

He takes us Home with Him.

t' Eternal Hallelujah!

Please don't take this the wrong way okay? No offense to you in any way. The last thing I want is to hurt you.

NO FREAKIN KIDDING! But how can I get a life with Jesus when He doesn't love me?!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The only person who cannot sin is Jesus, according to the Bible. You will sin, and you will fall. It happens. You can't just rely on God to change, you have to do it too--even if you fail, you just have to try again and again, learn from your mistakes. At your age, you're expected to make mistakes and even though people will scorn you and yell at you for it, you're only a human being. It happens. It's okay. Like, I understand that Christianity says that sin is not okay, but the thing is, Jesus died for you, didn't he? You have forgiveness if you truly mean you are sorry for them.

If there's things you want to change about yourself, you can't just sit around and waiting for some kind of miracle or answer from God. You have to do it yourself as well. And yeah, you'll mess up along the way, but hey, it happens. Try and try again, keep going at it. Small steps are great.

Of course it went through. I'm agnostic and from my understanding and being taught, once Jesus is in your heart, he's there. He speaks to everyone differently. It may not have been this grandeur thing for you, this "oh wow! i feel so great, I feel something moving in me!" doesn't happen to everyone. Over time, it can be subtle until you're a completely different person or you feel differently. You won't notice it, but others will. But you have to make a few steps instead of just sitting around and constantly praying.

Have you even tried to help people? Go volunteer somewhere, a soup kitchen or donate a little bit of your allowance to a charity. Or it doesn't even have to be that, talk to the lonely kid who always sits alone at lunch. All of these things can be remedied by trying and doing, and not getting deterred if you mess up just once.

"Not trying hard enough" that's lovely.
You still don't get it. (No offense to you in any of this)

"You can't just rely on God to change, you have to do it too--even if you fail, you just have to try again and again, learn from your mistakes."

I AM TRYING DAM IT. Why is everyone saying "you have to try too" I FREAKIN AM TRYING!!!!! Sorry I don't mean to yell, but I'm not just praying I'm TRYING too. That's working out REAL well by the way.

"If there's things you want to change about yourself, you can't just sit around and waiting for some kind of miracle or answer from God. You have to do it yourself as well. And yeah, you'll mess up along the way, but hey, it happens. Try and try again, keep going at it. Small steps are great."

What small steps? I try, I pray, I don't resist. Whether it be attitude problems or swearing or deliberate sinning it doesn't matter. I always fail.

"Have you even tried to help people? Go volunteer somewhere, a soup kitchen or donate a little bit of your allowance to a charity. Or it doesn't even have to be that, talk to the lonely kid who always sits alone at lunch. All of these things can be remedied by trying and doing, and not getting deterred if you mess up just once."

Dang it I HAVE. I've tried over and over (still do) and every time I do I screw it up or make it worse or SOMETHING. At this point some people when I try to help them they say "no it's okay I got it" when they clearly need help because they KNOW I will mess it up. And I don't blame 'em! No matter what it is I do. Heck, I'm probably annoying the heck out of you right now! If so I'm sorry, but see? I don't mean to, but I do anyway.

"Not trying hard enough" that's lovely."

Is that sarcastic? I can't tell sorry.

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you seen a doctor regarding your anxiety? Also doubting your salvation can be obsessive compulsive disorder it's not that you don't have enough faith because you do. I have obsessive compulsive disorder which is basically anxiety. Please have a look on Grantley Morris website under scrupulosity. God loves you.

Nope haven't gone to a doctor. And isn't OCD where a person has to have something in a certain way or it just doesn't feel right?

Upvote 0

emilie mayer

Jun 22, 2013
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have a promise in the bible. JESUS WONT CAST OUT ANY WHO COME TO HIM. if you asked Jesus into your heart He does. God cannot lie. If the bible says Jesus wont cast out anyone who comes to Him. Then that is truth. Jesus loves you very much and wants you to grasp this truth and START BELIEVING OR YOUR GOING TO HAVE A MISERABLE WALK. if you asked Jesus into your heart then you were lead to do it.

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have a promise in the bible. JESUS WONT CAST OUT ANY WHO COME TO HIM. if you asked Jesus into your heart He does. God cannot lie. If the bible says Jesus wont cast out anyone who comes to Him. Then that is truth. Jesus loves you very much and wants you to grasp this truth and START BELIEVING OR YOUR GOING TO HAVE A MISERABLE WALK. if you asked Jesus into your heart then you were lead to do it.

It's hard to believe. I'm not sure how to do that anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Will you answer a few questions for me? Do u believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins? Do you believe God raised Jesus from the grave on the 3rd day? Have u asked Jesus to save you?

Sort of yes, yes and yes.

Sort of yes, because... it's not even worth saying it won't make sense to you. Heck, it doesn't make sense to ME.

Upvote 0

emilie mayer

Jun 22, 2013
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are born sinners . We arent born seeking God. When God draws us near then we seek forgiveness. If you have asked Jesus to save you He did because you were led to ask by Gods grace. We are given a promise that Jesus wont cast out anyone who comes to Him. He doesnt lie. If you have asked Jesus to save you then you have seen your lost condition and know you need Jesus. The spirit convinves us we need Jesus. When you respond to that by asking Jesus to save you you can know Jesus has saved you. You have been given wisdom by God.

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
✟11,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are born sinners . We arent born seeking God. When God draws us near then we seek forgiveness. If you have asked Jesus to save you He did because you were led to ask by Gods grace. We are given a promise that Jesus wont cast out anyone who comes to Him. He doesnt lie. If you have asked Jesus to save you then you have seen your lost condition and know you need Jesus. The spirit convinves us we need Jesus. When you respond to that by asking Jesus to save you you can know Jesus has saved you. You have been given wisdom by God.

Let's assume this is true for a minute.

The Bible says that what comes WITH salvation is God changing your heart. I've asked God to do that, and TRIED to do that, but I seem to be getting worse. As I understand it, the fact that someone is noticeably changed as a person is a way of knowing, or a "side effect" if you will, of that person being saved. Well since I appear to be getting worse..

Upvote 0

StillSeeking36

Nov 16, 2013
✟7,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's assume this is true for a minute.

The Bible says that what comes WITH salvation is God changing your heart. I've asked God to do that, and TRIED to do that, but I seem to be getting worse. As I understand it, the fact that someone is noticeably changed as a person is a way of knowing, or a "side effect" if you will, of that person being saved. Well since I appear to be getting worse..

The devil is using that lie to keep you from trusting God. He's lying by telling you that you are not a better person, that you are a worse person, and if you are becoming a worse person, then God must not be real or must not care about you. Now that you are saved, you are a greater threat to the devil, so the devil is trying to attack you even more. The only thing that beats the devil is our faith and trust in God. It can be hard to resist the lies, but being a Christian isn't always easy. God IS faithful. Keep trusting in Him and you will find peace. But as long as you continue to entertain these lies, you will resist God, and provide an open door for the devil to keep messing with you. The devil wants you to believe these lies, and so far it seems that you are falling into the trap and the deceit. Trust in Jesus is the only way out. I think I read earlier that you are a new Christian. Everything doesn't necessarily happen over night. It takes time to build faith. When I first got saved I was told to be prepared for more attacks from the devil. The devil is looking everywhere he can to steal, kill, and destroy. The devil will always be attacking Christians. Satan wants nothing more than for us to fall away from God. But satan is already defeated by Jesus. Trust in that, and declare it. Say out loud, "Devil, you have no place in my body and in my life. I am saved by Jesus Christ our Lord, who died for my sins, who defeated you. Jesus is living inside of me, and death cannot hold him, so death will not hold me. God's Word says that you must flee. I cast you out in Jesus' name." Say that every time you question God. Say it every time you have a negative thought about yourself. You might not FEEL better right away, but feelings are not the same thing as spirit. Feelings are part of our flesh. There is a difference between emotional things and spiritual things. Believing in Jesus even when you are confused, even when you feel bad, even when you sin, is spiritual. THAT is faith. Faith is not about FEELING better. But if you continue to build faith by asking Jesus into your heart and into your life, you will find healing. Maybe not immediately, because there may be many walls of resistance to break down that were built up before you were saved, but it will happen. Jesus is the only way - He is the truth and the light. If you continue to entertain the lies telling you that He is not real or that He does not love you, you will continue to struggle. It's that simple. There is no arguing about it, or debating it. It is the truth. You will have to choose to accept it in order to resist the devil. You can continue to debate if you want, but then you are just opening the door for the devil to come in and plant lies, deceit, and doubt into your heart. It's just the way it is. When I first got saved, my pastor told me that being a Christian is not easy. But Jesus is our only hope.

Upvote 0