Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm afraid some have taken offense at what I have said. I did not mean it to give offense but rather aid and encouragement for what Shadow, Drama and others are doing. *sigh* I think it is a splendid undertaking but also wish to see Blessed One and others who worked very hard to be honored as well.

Shadow, Drama please forgive me if you have found my words offensive, it was not meant that way I assure you. I ask your forgiveness if you perceived it as such.
~Cyberwing

Upvote 0
S

StarSplitter87

Very well put.

:) Thank you. I had a few run on sentences...but I try.

I'm afraid some have taken offense at what I have said. I did not mean it to give offense but rather aid and encouragement for what Shadow, Drama and others are doing. *sigh* I think it is a splendid undertaking but also wish to see Blessed One and others who worked very hard to be honored as well.

Shadow, Drama please forgive me if you have found my words offensive, it was not meant that way I assure you. I ask your forgiveness if you perceived it as such.
~Cyberwing

:eek: Offense? None, that I see, was taken at all. I was just explaining how all this got started. :)

Your knowledge and expertise on this matter is very well aprishated :) We can't know everything you know ;)

~Star

Upvote 0

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

~Cyberwing
Offense? No, no offense, not at all, sorry if I gave you that impression :)

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

I live to protect the flock...
May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been toying with the idea of creating my own "group" for Christia, to add beside the Paladins and Pra Yer. I have most of it worked out in my head already, and I may soon start writing it all down. Are you guys open to this?

Upvote 0
No offense on my part. It is very hard to seriously offend me. Some things I may not like, but I'll let you know when that's the case.
Just do the same for me, is all I ask, kay-kay?

Anyway, I've been very busy lately, and I really want to finish my history of Christia.

Really, it all began when I asked Star about... well now, I forget the actual question. I think I asked her what day it was in one of the threads; but that got me to thinking the structure of time in Christia. I mean, who's to say that they have seven-day weeks like we do? Maybe they have six-day weeks; or four-day weeks, or ten-day weeks. Point is, the number of weeks is based off the days of creation.
Star can verify this for me, since she's the astrologer: The days come from the rotation of the earth, the months from lunar cycle, and the years from the revolution of the earth around the sun. However, there is no astronomical basis for a seven day week. The only basis for it, as far as I know, is Genesis 1: the creation week.
So for Christia, the days of the week would be based on the number of days in the creation week.
Then, as I looked around in different Christia threads, I realized that information was no where to be found. Nothing. Zilch.
So, I decided to write the creation of Christia, as well as some other prominently missing events. But, once I wrote them, who would confirm or deny them? There wasn't any of the originators of Christia still active in Christia who could vote yea or nay.
Someone (I remember it being Star, but my memory is nothing to go by.) suggested that we should have a committee to regulate this sort of information, and the wheels started turning. Then, when the rules changed to the Wiki-rules, we took advantage of the situation and made it happen.

And that's how it came about.

uh...

What did that have to do with anything? Oh well, no matter. I welcome to hear about this new group.
Also, how are things coming along with my races? I know Drama was against them because they are elf-like. Unfortunately, that's how the mythos goes. The high elves (Ljosalfer)dwelt above the branches of Yggdrasil, the "black elves" (either Svartalfar or Dokkalfar) dwelt in the roots.
I quote:
There (Alfheim) dwell the folk that are called light-elves; but the dark-elves dwell down in the earth, and they are unlike the light-elves in appearance, but much more so in deeds. The light-elves are fairer than the sun to look upon, but the dark-elves are blacker than pitch.
If you really want to know more, Wikipedia has the most information I was able to find. Just stick with the Nordic stuff, and flex the mind a bit. I'll stretch a little from mythos, but not too much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dramaking

Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No offense on my part. It is very hard to seriously offend me. Some things I may not like, but I'll let you know when that's the case.
Just do the same for me, is all I ask, kay-kay?

Anyway, I've been very busy lately, and I really want to finish my history of Christia.

Really, it all began when I asked Star about... well now, I forget the actual question. I think I asked her what day it was in one of the threads; but that got me to thinking the structure of time in Christia. I mean, who's to say that they have seven-day weeks like we do? Maybe they have six-day weeks; or four-day weeks, or ten-day weeks. Point is, the number of weeks is based off the days of creation.
Star can verify this for me, since she's the astrologer: The days come from the rotation of the earth, the months from lunar cycle, and the years from the revolution of the earth around the sun. However, there is no astronomical basis for a seven day week. The only basis for it, as far as I know, is Genesis 1: the creation week.
So for Christia, the days of the week would be based on the number of days in the creation week.
Then, as I looked around in different Christia threads, I realized that information was no where to be found. Nothing. Zilch.
So, I decided to write the creation of Christia, as well as some other prominently missing events. But, once I wrote them, who would confirm or deny them? There wasn't any of the originators of Christia still active in Christia who could vote yea or nay.
Someone (I remember it being Star, but my memory is nothing to go by.) suggested that we should have a committee to regulate this sort of information, and the wheels started turning. Then, when the rules changed to the Wiki-rules, we took advantage of the situation and made it happen.

And that's how it came about.

uh...

What did that have to do with anything? Oh well, no matter. I welcome to hear about this new group.
Also, how are things coming along with my races? I know Drama was against them because they are elf-like. Unfortunately, that's how the mythos goes. The high elves (Ljosalfer)dwelt above the branches of Yggdrasil, the "black elves" (either Svartalfar or Dokkalfar) dwelt in the roots.
I quote:
If you really want to know more, Wikipedia has the most information I was able to find. Just stick with the Nordic stuff, and flex the mind a bit. I'll stretch a little from mythos, but not too much.
I've still got an issue with too many elves. If we can some how give dwarves the same credit, then yes, I'm all for it. But right now the poor fellows are hopelessly ignored (or direct Tolkien rip-offs)

That's why I'm worried about giving too much precedence to elves.

As to mythos, I'm not a purist, but I find them the perfect base. Right now though, I'm less concerned with magic and myth as culture and history. Our cultures have been interpreted but never written down, and I REALLY think that both a fairly recent history and an explanation for cultural differences is high on the priority list.
I personally find a great level of complexity when we have different cultures in different area's.

Upvote 0
Ah, well, the thread The Deep Realms deals with Zarkiria, the ancient, and also abandoned home of the Dwarves. The Deep Realms will (hopefully) give the history as to why it is abandoned, and those two races feature prominently in the story, since they still live there.

So I guess you could say it's a thread about the dwarves, but not exactly. Although, I could see a follow-up thread about the dwarves trying to retake Zarkiria, but that's just, to quote a dwarf, "Eggs in moonshine" at this point.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well... we had a group of dwarves that lived in the FireMist mountains and were friends of the Silver Dragons. Would it help if I went back through and pulled the information for you all and kind of wrote up a short outline for what we did in the thread for Calkai Mountains? Gave you a short synopsis of the Silver Dragons and the Dwarven tribes of FireMist...?

Upvote 0

dramaking

Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well... we had a group of dwarves that lived in the FireMist mountains and were friends of the Silver Dragons. Would it help if I went back through and pulled the information for you all and kind of wrote up a short outline for what we did in the thread for Calkai Mountains? Gave you a short synopsis of the Silver Dragons and the Dwarven tribes of FireMist...?
Well...I guess we'll need info for the Silver Dragons any way, so sure!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Agreed. Any info we can get from old threads would be especially helpful, since it would save us the time to go and read them ourselves. Not that it's not worth it, but some of us just don't have that sort of time. Then again, some of us probably do.

Upvote 0

K9Guardian

I live to protect the flock...
May 25, 2006
Where, in what sense?
✟13,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While writing for my group, I came across a gap. Dates.

Currently, our method of determining time is vague. Usually, we set things to occur in time relative to other events taking place along the timestream. I'm talking in the broader scale, encompassing whole progressions of events, rather than in terms of weeks and months.

In other words, we need a system of dates.

Should we go by the system used in our world, where Christ is considered the point in the timeflow from which all other events derive relative place? I suggest it.

But this presents another problem. Just when did everything happen?

Upvote 0

dramaking

Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
While writing for my group, I came across a gap. Dates.

Currently, our method of determining time is vague. Usually, we set things to occur in time relative to other events taking place along the timestream. I'm talking in the broader scale, encompassing whole progressions of events, rather than in terms of weeks and months.

In other words, we need a system of dates.

Should we go by the system used in our world, where Christ is considered the point in the timeflow from which all other events derive relative place? I suggest it.

But this presents another problem. Just when did everything happen?
I know MD, I'm pretty sure we're waiting for Shadow's history so we can set the dates.

Upvote 0
Well, I've not given too much of an idea of total time lapse. I figured it would remain vague so that if we ever wanted to set some threads in the past we could. But I guess there does need to be a fixated amount of time, doesn't there?

So, about how old should Christia be, roughly?

Upvote 0

dramaking

Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, I've not given too much of an idea of total time lapse. I figured it would remain vague so that if we ever wanted to set some threads in the past we could. But I guess there does need to be a fixated amount of time, doesn't there?

So, about how old should Christia be, roughly?
Whew...I don't know. I mean it's two thousand years since the light versus dark war. (which needs a better name :p) so I'd say at least three times that. Long enough for elves to have came, every one to have settled, gone to war, had the elves rise as the empire we think of them (since we need a Rome) and for them to have fallen.

Upvote 0