Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Drow are, almost without exception, evil incarnate. So the answer to that question is yes.

The Underdark is a cavern system inhabited by the Drow. It is so extensive it can stretch across an entire continent. The Underdark is no mere cave system, however. Its inhabitants have permeated the very walls with evil. It is actually FELT palpably upon entrance to this vile place. Characters with extremely good alignments can actually take damage just by being there, damage in the sense that they are so distracted and disturbed they would not function as well as they do outside the Underdark. This goes beyond being in a dark place, you can actually feel the darkness physically. Light does not shine in the Underdark, natural light is extinguished by the darkness. Supernatural light is greatly dimmed.

Sorry, didn't mean to... expound so much. Anyway, you have my vote too.

Upvote 0
Actually, thanks for expounding. Now I know more about the drow, and I can say they are definitely not the same.

Now, the Dokkalfar. How do they differ from dwarves? Well, they blend the cultures of the Svartalfar and the elves. The elves have a love of the woods, the sea, and the sky, but the Svartalfar have no such poetic passions. The Dokkalfar, however, love the stone, the earth, and the fires of the deep.
The Elves prefer indirect combat, the Svartalfar prefer frontal attacks. The Dokkalfar do a little of both.
The elves are masters of crafting magical artifacts, but the Svartalfar are good at mining the raw ore. The Dokkalfar can do nearly both.
One final thing is that the Svartalfar are not very keen on the surface; too cold for them. But the Dokkalfar do not mind it quite so much for that reason.

Oh! I forgot something important. The Svartalfar's skin begins to harden and become stone if it is exposed to sunlight. The Dokkalfar are not quite as vulnerable, but sunlight does harm and weaken them too.

Do these things help?

Upvote 0

Raphael45

Dec 7, 2007
My mind
✟7,884.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
:) :cool:

Just a question for the committee, as it seems the new race issue is closed or at least soon to be. Anytime you can pick this question up, that's good enough for me. If never, that's alright, too. I'll just keep bugging you until you answer(JK;)).

I don't know how much of Christia's history is written in stone yet or if any even is, but have there ever been any equivalents to the Crusades in Christia?

I suppose I asked this at the wrong time, but whenever you start putting Christia's history together in the Christia Committee thread, if you don't mind thinking on this a bit? Thanks in advance.:bow:

-Raphael

Upvote 0
S

StarSplitter87

That's an interesting question.

As of right now, the history of Christia, as yet to be approved, is following history markers which spot our own history. The Great War over two thousand years before the GoS/PoK/Consi threads began is paralleled to the fall of the Roman Empire.

So similarly, it could be interesting to discover why Christianity is so wide spread in Christia when I'm sure it wasn't like that after the Great War.

What do the rest of you think?

~Star

Upvote 0

Raphael45

Dec 7, 2007
My mind
✟7,884.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's an interesting question.

As of right now, the history of Christia, as yet to be approved, is following history markers which spot our own history. The Great War over two thousand years before the GoS/PoK/Consi threads began is paralleled to the fall of the Roman Empire.

So similarly, it could be interesting to discover why Christianity is so wide spread in Christia when I'm sure it wasn't like that after the Great War.

What do the rest of you think?

~Star
Hmm... A parallel to the Crusades or something similar to the crusades could be a way that the Christians spread so far in Christia, yeah. And maybe that's what shattered a lot of the evil things and made them flee to Anserak or something, where it's still trying to rebuild.

Sorry, I don't know all that much about Christia. Newbie, here!:wave: Just trying to give ideas. If that fits, then cool. If not, well, you have control of the history, and you can edit/change this if you feel like incorporating it.

-Raphael

Upvote 0
S

StarSplitter87

Yes, that is a very good possibility. Let us hear what the others think, but everything has promise. Especially this. One of our goals is to consolidate the history make through threads and our own pure brains. This way the site is more homogeneous in its presentation of a Christian World.

Thank you for your advice and if you come up with any specifics that you can add to it, please don't hesitate to post them here.

~Star

Upvote 0

sampson x

Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
I believe in the original history, the Dark Lord (He had a name, can't remember what it was) had nearly conquered all of Christia. However, five fragmented kingdoms finally united against the dark by promising to follow the God of Light (Ellesar, God) together. These five kingdoms pushed the Dark Lord out and gave rise to the five human kingdoms we have now: Peria, Eyerel, and the others. I could be mistaken, though.

The problem with incorporating a crusade into Christia's history is that there is no place of origin of the Christianity found in Christia. There's no heathens who have conquered Holy Ground. I suppose the Crusades could be considered to be in Christia's future some time. :) Who knows...maybe Ember's Wake will answer some of these questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

StarSplitter87

I never heard of that story before....WHERE ARE YOU GUYS GETTING THIS STUFF????

And as for heathens and such, the only real heathens are the old timer Elves who believe in multi-gods. I hadn't made the connection with them and the Romans until I came up with the concept of the Great War for my Grain of Sand thread....then it all sort of started making sense....

Big story there, wouldn't want to bore you. ;)

~Star

Upvote 0

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I never heard of that story before....WHERE ARE YOU GUYS GETTING THIS STUFF????

And as for heathens and such, the only real heathens are the old timer Elves who believe in multi-gods. I hadn't made the connection with them and the Romans until I came up with the concept of the Great War for my Grain of Sand thread....then it all sort of started making sense....

Big story there, wouldn't want to bore you. ;)

~Star
There IS a big history of Christia in the geography section. It's vague, but it sets the stage. And really...I find it unbelievable that there were no heathens but elves and Anserak monsters. I mean, look at earth after the creation (pre-Children of Israel), it was primarily anarchistic pagans with the few chosen people (Abraham, Isaac, Noah, Methuselah ect)

If we want Christia realistic, we need less of an "every one's CHRISTIAN!" view. If it's medieval, then sure, there is a base of Christianity (like the Catholic Church) but it hasn't ALWAYS been like that. There should be pre-elven religions (like Dave's druid vlodklok and yes, I spelled that wrong.)

For the record, I think we need our cultures figured out before too long, and I love the Crusades idea if we can build it.

Upvote 0
S

StarSplitter87

Well that's why I had the elves started out as mutli-god worshipers. I too felt it was rediculous it had always been a completely christian world.

In fact, Christianity itself has origins in what we would call today Pagainism. It wasn't really until Abraham, Isaac, Noah, Methuselah ect.....that the religion with the one true God was even considered anything at all. You have to remember that back then, mutli-god was more popular.

Until Jesus came, I am not even sure there was a really organized religion at all, just a set of passed down from generation to generation oral stories which later became much of the Old Testimate.

But again, my knowledge on realistic history is very very very fuzzy. Shadow and WoF's the one to talk to about it.

~Star

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you want to find out the history of Christia you need to find Blessed One's posts. She was one of the primary creators of the world of Christia. Oh another wonderful writer that knew a little more about Christia was Lady Firehawk. I still see her on from time to time I'll send her a note if you like.

Also I believe from the Torah we see that Adam did keep the faith of One God. He knew, like the fallen angels about Our Heavenly Father. It stands to reason he and Eve would teach their children about him. They knew they had sinned and fallen short but they hoped in Father's goodness I believe. That is why the Lord JESUS was sent to us. However the world made this difficult to maintain even as it is doing today, using all manner of coercion and belittling toward those who follow the One True God. Otherwise men like Enoch and Methuselah would not have been so faithful and pleasing to the Lord. So it stands to reason there was a monotheism in existence from the beginning.

The Hebrew history was oral and written in a manner of speaking. The staffs carried by leaders of tribes or even fathers of families, carried carvings that helped them remember the stories of their forefathers. There is some awesome archaeological information to be found on the net. Good sources of ancient Hebrew information can be found with Perry Stone or Vendyll Jones, the Israeli archaeologist. Also the wonderful Zola Levitt left us some really rich informational pieces to help us understand our biblical history.

All that said, really societies being seduced into multi-god pantheons are all through the Bible and throughout history. The more successful the society becomes the more self-seeking and hedonistic they become, the more they embrace paganism... it has happened over and over again in history. So personally I can see Christia being plagued thusly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Well, I reality, the way it worked was that everyone started out as a monotheistic, God-fearing "Christians," if you care to use the word in such a way. It is hard to say when the idea of multiple gods came into the creation, but certainly by the time of Abraham is had become prominent. It may have been prominent as early as Noah, Enoch, or maybe even with Cain.
Regardless, the real world started as God-fearing and drifted into paganism.
In Christia, my history (which still isn't finished, curses) sets up the potential for some of the races to fall away into polytheism, and Star you know a little of that.
The largest danger, in my opinion, is not polytheism, nor is it necessarily atheism, but rather lazy acknowledgment. Basically, it's people who say, "Yeah, there's a God and a heaven, but that's stuff to worry about when I'm dead. Carpi diem, right?" That belief creates a bunch of people that "do what is right in their own eyes."
I think that's where the majority of Christia should probably be. Yes, some groups might believe in gods, some might deny any god, but mostly, I think that the majority just don't care.

Okay, out of time. I'll get the other stuff later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah yes, the Agnostics... ;) btw, I think it is an awesome undertaking Shodowseldil to try to get the history of Christia written up. Have you contacted Blessed One? I have Lady Firehawk's contact info and could get her to contact you... IF it would help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ah yes, the Agnostics... ;) btw, I think it is an awesome undertaking Shodowseldil to try to get the history of Christia written up. Have you contacted Blessed One? I have Lady Firehawk's contact info and could get her to contact you... IF it would help.
We HAVE contacted Blessed-One, in fact we had a lengthy discussion about policies of magic with her. As is though, I think that it might be time for an explanation that departs from a direct name change of Tolkien with Jesus pasted in the middle :)

Reactions: Raphael45
Upvote 0

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's wonderful dramaking! btw, it's great to see you! I'm so glad y'all are working on this! I was never too clear about Christia and therefore avoided it. Lady Firehawk had some really neat stuff going in an old thread for Christia. I'm sure she would be a great one for input because she had a lot of tremendous plot ideas for Christia.

I had an old thread based in the mountains. The Silver Dragons thread. That however was all I ever did in Christia.

Lady Firehawk is one of the legendary writers from our rpg section. (Can you tell I'm very proud of her? LOL ) Anyway, if I can help please let me know. I think this is a wonderful undertaking, Shadow/ Drama. :clap:
~Cyberwing

Upvote 0
S

StarSplitter87

They've been working on this project (along with Sam) for a long time and in fact it was this very undertaking that started the Committee to begin with because they wanted to have approval of their history and ideas by the general populous, not just come up with things and say they're concrete because they said so (though Shadow, being dictator of the galaxy COULD have ;))

As the members of this committee are generally known and well integrated into the world of Christia, it was felt we would know most about it (of the ones who accepted the invitation to join). That way, we could decide on issues not clear and create a solidified history which was detailed and had incorporated established RPG history info so to make the Christia world more coherent to newcomers so that they did not shy away. We were also a good sampling of the feelings which were felt in the CF world of how things were as we all come from different backgrounds and are "experts" of at least one of all the worlds in Christia.

People like you, who do not post in the Christia world for the very reason you state, are who we are doing this for. As well as those already established and ones yet to join. We wanted to make the whole world seem more user friendly with a place on the site where answers to common questions could be found.

This has been something I think we all were thinking of wanting, but didn't know it until Shadow, Sam, and Drama all got together and said, "Hey, wouldn't it be nice?"

And now that I've rambled on and worn off your ear...eyes...(ew?)...I'll stop now and let the discussion continue. I just wanted to interject that little tidbit of part of how this all got started. Shadow, Drama, and Sam are working their hardest to make CF a better place as well as the other members of the council.

~Star

Reactions: Raphael45
Upvote 0