Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
This is an open thread so that other members can post their suggestions, questions, concerns, and all other manner of such things for the Christia Committee to consider. This thread was created because of a concern of several members who are not on the Committee who wanted to make sure their voice could be heard.

So, do please utilize this. We are just in the infant stages, so suggestions will be graciously received.

S

StarSplitter87

As of right now, Committee members have been choosen through minority selection to get it off the ground. In six months, we will be holding elections on general polls (which is the current plan) for relection. Once we get a feel for how that works, the terms will be extended to a full year.

This thread is intended only for discussion between non council-members and the council members themselves.

~Star

Upvote 0
Thanks, Sam. I was hoping this would get off the ground soon.

The members of the Committee are:
Paladin Dave
StarSplitter87
Dramaking
sampson x
Woman of Faith

However, anyone can make suggestions, complaints, or other incongruities to the council, as one of their primary tasks is the general oversight of Christia. However, they do have their plate full since they are the first committee, and no standard collection of information yet stands. They are responcible for gathering and ordering such information, so don't expect many otherwise decisions on their part yet.

However, before you get underway Sam, I want all the members to be connected into this thread, since, while the committee is the final authority, they should not be the only voice.
If you would please see to it that they have tagged this page, I would appreciate that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
And oh great committee, why do we need you in the first place? Because so far everything i see in christia seems to be going fine, but I haven't been there in a while though...
Because currently the Christia section is hopelessly outdated. Some one who made a thread there from that data would be off on nearly all points, the magic would be hopelessly misinterpreted, the politics would be off, the races would be different and they would be missing the knowledge of huge amounts of the working facts of Christia.

Upvote 0
Not to mention the hopeless gaps in the general workability of the world. For example, how many days are in a Christia week? Can anyone find out where that information is?
No, I doubt it. Why? Because there is no creation account for Christia. After all, our seven-day weeks are based off the creation account in Genesis. Therefore, Christia's weeks would be based off their creation. But no such record exists, does it?
When I learned this, I decided to write a history of Christia's creation, but to whom do I present it so that it can be validated? There was no one versed enough in Christia's ideology that had the authority to make such decisions.
That was when Star and I decided that there needed to be a committee to "tidy up" the Christia realm; people who knew about the world enough to make the right decisions, but also given the authority to make the changes. We were appealing to the moderators when the rules shift came into play. Well, that basically meant that we could establish the jolly thing ourselves.
We had a vague appointment of the members, and so far they have been doing there best to see to the establishment of the committee as the official authority on all points Christia. So that's about how the whole thing came to be, all because a question about a days of the week.

Anyway, I know one of your first tasks will be to compile a relatively complete history of Christia, and I would like to offer my help in any way, including writing up necessary gaps as needed. These will be presented to the committee for review, correction, and eventual approval.
Just let me know when you guys are ready for it.

Upvote 0

murraylikespie

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
✟18,715.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And oh great committee, why do we need you in the first place? Because so far everything i see in christia seems to be going fine, but I haven't been there in a while though...
Dude that sarcasm is not needed they are just here to help

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

StarSplitter87

It is a valid question, though stated a little childishly. He deserved to hear an answer. Perhaps we are all misreading into the way his words should have been interpreted and that it was not sarcasm, but an honest question.

However, if it was intended as sarcasm, please refrain from posting. Speak intelligently and seriously or ignore these proceedings.

Also, thank you Shadow and Sam for doing all these wonderful things to get this committee going. All the good names start in "S" (Sam, Shadow, Star) ;).

Shadow, whenever you are ready to post that ideology concerning elven version of creation, feel free to do so once the council has fully assembled, which I believe it now has been. For now, I will act as secretary of the council and keep a separate document on all final decisions made and try to organize as comprehensibly as possible.

~Star

Upvote 0
Well, I propose that my account be the actual creation account, but if the committee decides against, someone will need to write up the real thing.

However, that, and all other missing histories, can wait until the present matters about the committee's development are resolved.

As for my input about the committee members, I suggest that the requirements be amended so that the requirements are one year current involvement in Christia. That way, some one who is involved in Christia for a year, vanishes for a year, and then returns could not be a member of the committee. This keeps committee members informed about the happenings in Christia; sort of like how the United States president has to live in the United States for at least seven years prior to running for president.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
NOTE TO CHRISTIA COMMITTEE:

I notice you have been discussing the need of a definite history for Christia. I have offered my services to collect such information as is pre-threads and write up anything otherwise.
Just because people are not part of the committee does not mean that you cannot delegate certain responsibilities to them. It merely means that all decisions must be finalized by the committee.

Basically, the committee's purpose is to decide what is canon for the realm of Christia and what is not.

Also, I want to express my disapproval of the idea that Christia is some future expression of our world. Too many gaps in the idea, for one, and too many impossibilities for the other. Christia needs to be another completely separate world, like Narnia or Middle Earth.

If no one gets back to me on the history project, I'm going to do it anyway and submit it to the committee. You can decide what to do with it from there.

Remember guys, you're not so much an oligarchy as you are a supreme court. Don't be afraid to take outside opinion.

Also, if it's not too bothersome, could I tag the official thread? It would make it easier for me to keep up with things.

Upvote 0

sampson x

Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
NOTE TO CHRISTIA COMMITTEE:

I notice you have been discussing the need of a definite history for Christia. I have offered my services to collect such information as is pre-threads and write up anything otherwise.
Just because people are not part of the committee does not mean that you cannot delegate certain responsibilities to them. It merely means that all decisions must be finalized by the committee.

Basically, the committee's purpose is to decide what is canon for the realm of Christia and what is not.

Also, I want to express my disapproval of the idea that Christia is some future expression of our world. Too many gaps in the idea, for one, and too many impossibilities for the other. Christia needs to be another completely separate world, like Narnia or Middle Earth.

If no one gets back to me on the history project, I'm going to do it anyway and submit it to the committee. You can decide what to do with it from there.

Remember guys, you're not so much an oligarchy as you are a supreme court. Don't be afraid to take outside opinion.

Also, if it's not too bothersome, could I tag the official thread? It would make it easier for me to keep up with things.
Well...sounds like a good idea to me. I suppose I was approaching this with the wrong attitude.

So, even though you're going to do it anyway, I hereby want you to. :p

Oh yeah, this is to everyone and anyone. If you want to help out, post here! We will need help on this.

Upvote 0

Joy_Everlasting

My camera has a photographic memory.
Feb 26, 2005
The Milky Way ~ The Candy Bar of course...
Visit site
✟15,234.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Cool! I've been hoping something would be put together to keep Christia alive. :thumbsup:

So my question, or request is: Will you be compiling a record or post or something, of some of the different groups (i.e. Paladin, Pra Yer) in the Christia world? I've been really interested in some Christia RPGs, but have been afraid to join, since I know almost nothing about Paladins and people like that who are so central to many of the plots. :)

Upvote 0

dramaking

All the World's a Stage....
Feb 13, 2005
✟13,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Cool! I've been hoping something would be put together to keep Christia alive. :thumbsup:

So my question, or request is: Will you be compiling a record or post or something, of some of the different groups (i.e. Paladin, Pra Yer) in the Christia world? I've been really interested in some Christia RPGs, but have been afraid to join, since I know almost nothing about Paladins and people like that who are so central to many of the plots. :)
They aren't central to many of the plots.

They are central to ONE plot. :p But I agree, that is one of our major movements. I'VE got only a half baked knowledge of them.

Upvote 0

Joy_Everlasting

My camera has a photographic memory.
Feb 26, 2005
The Milky Way ~ The Candy Bar of course...
Visit site
✟15,234.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They aren't central to many of the plots.

They are central to ONE plot. :p But I agree, that is one of our major movements. I'VE got only a half baked knowledge of them.
Alright, one plot. The one, major, active plot that I've read. ^_^ Well, two if you count the Consi and AGOS as two different plots. :p

Still, it would be nice to have some sort of record of all those auras, and Pra Yer abilities, so more people can play them. ;)

Upvote 0