Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh my gosh! An old thread I had forgotten about.

I had to do a double take thinking maybe I posted it this year because I did go out and rent a black and white movie. This pandemic has definitely made me do some unusual things. I don't think I ever did it back when I posted it so it's ironic that the timing is just right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟123,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So My Fair Lady is what I chose to watch I think a couple of months ago. I really liked it and thought it was thought-provoking. Such different times that we live in today. I'm pretty sure I watched it in color.

I also had to do a double take on the subform because I'm definitely not of that generation. When this started it must have been for people in their 30s. I'm definitely beyond that. I'm glad the discussion is still going though :)

Upvote 0

jisaiah6113

Oct 17, 2018
Arlington
✟16,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I would second "Ben Hur" with Charlton Heston. My favorite movie ever, finally watched it last year. It's not black and white. As far as black and white, many good ones, however, I like, "The Bishop's Wife" and for TV, "Andy Griffith Show" is good. Lately it's been very hard to find modern content that isn't immoral, so I trend more towards black and white and clean stuff. However, even some of those old movies have themes like unrepentant remarriage among people who didn't have a valid reason for divorcing their original spouse, and that's sinful.

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone have suggestions for movies to watch that are black and white classics? It's kind of one of those things in the back of my head of to do eventually.
Thanks, In Christ, Sampa

Go to YouTube, search on YouTube for black and white movies, then try classic movies, then try whatever genre you prefer, such as black and white comedies, or classic comedies, or westerns, or suspense movies, etc.

There’s enough content there to keep you busy for years.

YouTube has Earth vs the Flying Saucers on it, for a great classic sci fi genre movie.

• Informative
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0