Suggestion that politicians need to present their speeches for approval of the networks

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
E6554E5C-9601-4688-A050-C3D0D63CA92E.jpeg

They no longer just report the news, now it has to be approved. Putin would be so proud.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
View attachment 248645

They no longer just report the news, now it has to be approved. Putin would be so proud.

The media is just trying to be president without election clearly. They have this agenda where they believe they would lead the country better than presidents. I don't really trust them that much as their views are worldly most of the time: Romans 12:2, 1 John 2:15.

Cheers :)

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, I'm pretty sure First Amendment was voted on quite some time ago.

Yeah but what people are not expressing is something I was taught in school regarding news reports. You have the right to present unbiased news as an obligation of the media. And that is something that is long gone.

For media ethics code I found an interesting source: Journalists Ethics Code | ethicnet

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well! Trump doesn't have to seek approval from anybody! He's the President! (ooooh. aaaaah)

...and yet he does nothing but seek the approval of a bunch misinformed ultra-right conservatives to stroke his own ego.

Maybe you should inform him that "hey, you're the president, you don't need to try so hard to get people's approval"

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The media refused to air a speech by Obama about immigration in 2014, claiming the issue was "too partisan". How do you reconcile that with them being "lefty communist democrats"?

You just had to point out that pesky fact, didn't you?! o_O

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The media companies are private industries that can represent/back any viewpoint they'd like.

If people are upset about that, then blame Reagan as it was his FCC appointee that removed the requirement for neutrality and the requirement that networks give a share of time to constructive representations of opposing viewpoints (incidentally, right after that change was made, that's when Rupert Murdoch made his move).
...but I digress.

For a group of people who've done nothing but complain that government shouldn't be interfering in private business and "business owner rights come before peoples' feelings", they sure are taking the polar opposite side here. Gee, wonder why that is... :rolleyes:

• Winner
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Yeah but what people are not expressing is something I was taught in school regarding news reports. You have the right to present unbiased news as an obligation of the media. And that is something that is long gone.

For media ethics code I found an interesting source: Journalists Ethics Code | ethicnet

It's a nice sentiment, but the Constitution does not call for an unbiased press, merely a free one.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, I remain a traditional Christian. But I do notice that if I followed the media teachings it would draw me away from that.
Media teachings? That’s priceless. There’s Christian media, too. So THE Media doesn’t exist in the Information Age. There’s an echo chamber for every persuasion.

• Agree
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You left out Russian traitor, but that is understandable. The list is quite long.
I would’ve added “grifter”, but I get reported a lot, so not sure I’m always the best example of decorum.:liturgy:

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Media teachings? That’s priceless. There’s Christian media, too. So THE Media doesn’t exist in the Information Age. There’s an echo chamber for every persuasion.

Yeah, just search the internet and you could probably get to witchcraft and church of Satan media, etc. I suppose.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The media outlets never, ever, ever should report to the President. It's called a free press. And if the President has to get approval first from Sony, Disney, and Spectrum, then I suggest he go get it.

What court has given the press the right to limit anyone’s free speech?

They didn’t call out Barack (don’t use my middle name) Obama for lying to the citizens and costing us millions and millions of dollars.

They don’t police themselves when they bold face make things up and lie to the public.

Maybe someone should censure what they say before it is printed or said on air

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What court has given the press the right to limit anyone’s free speech?
The President can speak freely. In fact, he speaks freely all the time. But, unlike a dictator, he cannot order any media to broadcast his baloney.

You be you, Mr. President!

Upvote 0