Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
Aug 7, 2005
Wales, UK
✟21,785.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I stumbled on this video last week and found it very interesting.

Basic premise of the lecture is that the fructose found in sucrose (common sugar) and HFCS is essentially a chronic toxin and is behind many of the diseases found in the west such as obesity, high blood pressure, type II diabetes etc

I knew about some of the claims regarding fructose with the possible disruption it caused to metabolism but initially I thought the claims regarding it acting as a toxin to be a bit of a hyperbole but after watching it all I'm pretty much convinced with the arguments.

The video is long but I think it's well worth a look
YouTube - Sugar: The Bitter Truth

Here is a summery by another user, which goes over some of the arguments made in the above video.

YouTube - Sugar: The Bitter Truth (The SHORT Version)

Reactions: Matariki
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sugared softdrinks, sweets, cakes lack antioxidants that act as security guards against deadly diseases such as diabetes and cancer. Fruit and vegetables contain antioxidants and when eaten with protein foods such as meat or eggs then the body wouldn't protest too much by rejecting food all together down the toilet. Good bacteria living in the stomach wouldn't like to escape too quickly if the stomach is rejecting all that sugar toxin if there is not enough solid matter containing enough antioxidants.
:liturgy:
:cool:

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sugar is definitely toxic, in many ways, not the least of which is candida fungal overgrowth which spawns miriad other health problems, depleting the body of nutrients, taxing the liver and adrenals, and so much more.

It's best to stick to xylitol, raw honey, stevia, and agave, used in moderation for the occasional sweet.

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Does this mean that sugary fruits like pears, grapes and watermelon will wreck your liver and pack on the pounds?

for most people, no, because they have fiber in an appropriate ratio to the carbs, as well as many nutrients that support health.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
for most people, no, because they have fiber in an appropriate ratio to the carbs, as well as many nutrients that support health.
I know fiber is good for your gut, but how is it going to protect your liver?

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know fiber is good for your gut, but how is it going to protect your liver?

fiber absorbs a portion of any present toxins before they hit the blood stream, so the liver never has to deal with them. Also, the fiber keeps the blood sugar stable, avoiding the toxic reaction to refined sugars, excess insulin release, etc. this again give s the liver a break.

Upvote 0