planet earth
✟40,870.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes I feel I am prey to my enemies and the enemy seems to exert his power of me at times where I cannot seem to stand as if I am a prey to them that I am helpless.. but nonetheless Jesus has been there to deliver me set me free from the powers so am thankful for him but.. the enemy seems to have the upper hand in my life.. and I am sometimes tempted to despair and discouraged At times and it is like the psalmist in psalm 13 how long o Lord?

I am just discouraged with being plagued and overtaken by my enemies and don’t know how I can put up with this... having faith in the Lord...

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Peter 1:3-8 KJV
[3] According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: [4] Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. [5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟40,870.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't give up, friend. I hear you; Satan is evil, and a tough foe. Hang on to Christ, friend. Take refuge in the Cross. Jesus loves you, is helping you, and even if things feel terrible now, this won't last.

it’s a tough battle and I don’t want to bow my knee to Baal, the Lord has been good to me and on accounts he has shown himself with me. I love the Lord and surely he sees. It’s just how long O Lord must i endure this.. so much pain and torment.. but I look to Him and his unfailing love.. trusting that all things will work for my good.. though i be troubled the Lord is good and righteous... thanks.. i know this won’t last but am in wonder how long... Seem to be a prisoner a captive awaiting to be set free by Him but i am sure that there is a day he has appointed and I believe I’ll see the goodness of the Lord as others have.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I feel I am prey to my enemies and the enemy seems to exert his power of me at times where I cannot seem to stand as if I am a prey to them that I am helpless.. but nonetheless Jesus has been there to deliver me set me free from the powers so am thankful for him but.. the enemy seems to have the upper hand in my life.. and I am sometimes tempted to despair and discouraged At times and it is like the psalmist in psalm 13 how long o Lord?

I am just discouraged with being plagued and overtaken by my enemies and don’t know how I can put up with this... having faith in the Lord...

Some advice I shared with a family member and a friend facing similar circumstances:

Take heart my friends as Jesus has overcome the world. This means we should have peace in our challenges and sufferings with Jesus as our Sovereign King. Who else could use “tribulation” and “be of good cheer” in one statement? Only Christ Jesus our Victorious King!

“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”
(John 16:33 KJV)

“For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.”
(Romans 11:36 KJV)

Glorify Jesus Christ in your tribulations and sufferings. It is Jesus Christ Who took upon our sins and transgressions suffering a horrible death on a Cross and obtaining eternal life through His Resurrection from the grave so that we may be children of God through Him and in Him. We have the Promise of being co-heirs with Him for all who trust in Him.

“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” (1 Peter 2:24 KJV)

Therefore be of good cheer Christian! Jesus has you and won’t let go. Abide in Him and Glorify Jesus in the most challenging of times. He is faithful and true and will not disappoint.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. (John 10: 27-30)

Finally, this Hope we have in Jesus Christ is a sure and steady anchor. Not a wishful “hope” of the world, but based on the known Promise which Christ Jesus demonstrated in the cross and empty tomb.

Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
(Hebrews 6: 17-19)

Praise be to God.

Soli Deo gloria (Glory to God Alone)

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

I honestly understand the pressure. You are doing the right thing by reading the Psalms. I've been there. I would get out of bed and go to my dining room to read the Psalms and pray. How long indeed!

Let us walk through this valley with you.

KJV
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

NIV
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

The valley seemed like a horrible nightmare! I wanted to wake up and have it be gone. I asked the Lord what I was supposed to learn. I didn't want someone who hadn't been there to blurt out Bible verses. The verses were true but they didn't tell me how long I would suffer. My life changed! I asked God how I could use my experience to encourage others. My goal is to tell people I will pray for you, I don't want you to feel defeated, this too shall pass; it's true that we don't know when --- but if it had a beginning it surely will have an end.

Now I can say:

Thank You God
for everything in my life.
The good & bad.
Some were

Blessings
& some were
Lessons!

I can tell you that I truly care. I'm praying for you.

Upvote 0

sportsfan

Dec 4, 2019
Cottonwood
✟20,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it’s a tough battle and I don’t want to bow my knee to Baal, the Lord has been good to me and on accounts he has shown himself with me. I love the Lord and surely he sees. It’s just how long O Lord must i endure this.. so much pain and torment.. but I look to Him and his unfailing love.. trusting that all things will work for my good.. though i be troubled the Lord is good and righteous... thanks.. i know this won’t last but am in wonder how long... Seem to be a prisoner a captive awaiting to be set free by Him but i am sure that there is a day he has appointed and I believe I’ll see the goodness of the Lord as others have.
Some advice I shared with a family member and a friend facing similar circumstances:

Take heart my friends as Jesus has overcome the world. This means we should have peace in our challenges and sufferings with Jesus as our Sovereign King. Who else could use “tribulation” and “be of good cheer” in one statement? Only Christ Jesus our Victorious King!

“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”
(John 16:33 KJV)

“For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.”
(Romans 11:36 KJV)

Glorify Jesus Christ in your tribulations and sufferings. It is Jesus Christ Who took upon our sins and transgressions suffering a horrible death on a Cross and obtaining eternal life through His Resurrection from the grave so that we may be children of God through Him and in Him. We have the Promise of being co-heirs with Him for all who trust in Him.

“Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” (1 Peter 2:24 KJV)

Therefore be of good cheer Christian! Jesus has you and won’t let go. Abide in Him and Glorify Jesus in the most challenging of times. He is faithful and true and will not disappoint.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. (John 10: 27-30)

Finally, this Hope we have in Jesus Christ is a sure and steady anchor. Not a wishful “hope” of the world, but based on the known Promise which Christ Jesus demonstrated in the cross and empty tomb.

Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
(Hebrews 6: 17-19)

Praise be to God.

Soli Deo gloria (Glory to God Alone)

I can relate to this post on suffering I accidentally bowed before Satan in a hallucination and he has been tormented me ever since telling me that I blasphemed. I keep holding on to my faith in Jesus know he is faithful to complete the good work he started and that he never leaves or forsakes it is a scary world being schiztoeffective I just have to remind myself that the rapture occurs first before the mark of the beast and the antichrist and false prophet and trust that it is my illness and that Holy SPirit is indwelling until the day of redemption.

• Friendly
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟40,870.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I honestly understand the pressure. You are doing the right thing by reading the Psalms. I've been there. I would get out of bed and go to my dining room to read the Psalms and pray. How long indeed!

Let us walk through this valley with you.

KJV
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

NIV
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

The valley seemed like a horrible nightmare! I wanted to wake up and have it be gone. I asked the Lord what I was supposed to learn. I didn't want someone who hadn't been there to blurt out Bible verses. The verses were true but they didn't tell me how long I would suffer. My life changed! I asked God how I could use my experience to encourage others. My goal is to tell people I will pray for you, I don't want you to feel defeated, this too shall pass; it's true that we don't know when --- but if it had a beginning it surely will have an end.

Now I can say:

Thank You God
for everything in my life.
The good & bad.
Some were

Blessings
& some were
Lessons!

I can tell you that I truly care. I'm praying for you.

Thank you that is encouraging sometimes I would feel alone in this walk because when I go and fellowship it just seems others have it all together.. maybe I am still weak and the Lord is training me.

Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟40,965.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Suffering is nothing more than believing in a story about not coping.
But what part of you cannot cope with what is true (real) or not true (unreal)?

Since the truth can cope with what is true and what is untrue, then what cannot cope is, by its own nature, untrue/unreal.

Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you that is encouraging sometimes I would feel alone in this walk because when I go and fellowship it just seems others have it all together.. maybe I am still weak and the Lord is training me.

I can relate to thinking others have it all together! The truth is, some who don't are embarrassed and don't want to say anything. For instance, friends of ours whose son drowned at a church camp, never mention it. And parents of wayward children don't want others to think they've done a poor job of parenting. Or if a spouse is unfaithful, a person might not want the whole church to know. A million scenarios might exist in another person's life. I have trouble relating to people when I think their lives are rosy because of the way I was raised (not Christian or even religious). At least God knows our hearts and all the struggles we've faced. We will make it, Joe!

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Every Christian goes through such dark seasons. Just fix your eyes upon Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. Be uplifted in the Lord.

Upvote 0