• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Suffering is suffering

Amy Cortright

Mar 30, 2018
Oshkosh
✟16,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hate when people say you should not feel bad about your own situations because there are always people who have it worse than you, well this may be true all suffering is hard to deal with and should be treated with empathy and sympathy. I have no friends for the most part. I feel like i am a friend to many yet as of today and these past few years I have no friends. i am married from that end my husband is somewhat of a friend to me. yet i am lonely and i suffer to do to loneliness. I am unemployed and looking for work i am more than qualified to work and have good work ethic yet I am viewed as nearly unhirable because sometimes at work I hear voices and talk and laugh to myself people stare and get upset. I am hard working I always show up about 15 minutes early, and I am currently working with DVR for a job but it may take two months to start the process. I also no longer can drive do to my schizophrenia I lost my license to to a traffic situation and the police labeling me as unfit to drive, so I have to use cabs I do get a discount do to my disability buses dont' go everywhere or at all hours.

I can't get to church all the time because my husband works second shift so I only get to go once a week, but I wish i could go for Monday night prayer and Wednesday night service. no one could or would give me a ride rather because I live about 20 minutes to a half an hour a way for the church i go to.

I have not a single friend in the world I am so lonely, I long for friends in the area that i can go hang out with. Socially I am very lonely and I hope for a job in retail if anything so I can be a cashier and socialize with the costumers at least if nothing else. i have a lot of cashier experience i worked 7 years at target in different town yet i can't get hired back. I was even voted great team hero of the month one time. I lost my job there during a period of when my sister was dying of cancer it was very hard, i could not get red cards but asked every guest and I did not want to force red cards on them. My sister died from cancer 3 years ago.

i worked a group home for 11 months third shift it was very hard i worked every weekend and every holiday for the most part, 32 hours a week, i would do Thursday though Sunday, so i would switch shifts when I did not do it, during that time i also went back to school and took a couple of Philosophy classes I have my bachelors in psychology yet Philosophy and primarily now ethics is my favorite topic of discussion outside of theology and the Bible but I do Philosophy and ethics along side the Bible in my own study. I work in manfacturing for about 6 months full time or so I even worked four of those months off medication i was being denied medication by my former doctor and i was unable to find a new doctor soon enough it was nearly unbarable to work in those conditions hearing voices so bad and so impaired by them yet by the grace of God i did my job and even managed to get one 50 cent raise at one job eventually I did quite however do to various trauma i was going through. Eventually i ended up with court order against me to take medication a long story I now have a medication prescriber but yeah. i guess I tried to hitchhike barefoot they labeled me as harm to self I was trying to go somewhere so I nearly pretended to hitchhike barefoot and started up on the freeway ramp yet I never would have my behavior was misinterpreted by please they shot me up with haldol in the end and got a court order aganist me. i am pretty sure the court order is up now yet no one called me it was supposed to only go on 6 months through march.

Amy Cortright

Mar 30, 2018
Oshkosh
✟16,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am currently in the process of looking for employment I am working with a job service near me in hopes of being hooked up with something, I think i will through some assistance be able to find a job that fits me right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0