Subtle satan

Has satan deceived the church to abolish God's laws?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Hezekiah81

Christ died for me so I died for him
Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[What's one of satan's greatest deceptions? Getting people to believe there is no law for he is the lawless one.] (2 Corinthians 11:14-15) 14 And no marvel; for satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. [God bless you.]

Reactions: BobRyan

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
[What's one of satan's greatest deceptions? Getting people to believe there is no law for he is the lawless one.] (2 Corinthians 11:14-15) 14 And no marvel; for satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works. [God bless you.]

He has not so deceived the Church as a whole, for she is holy. Many of her members do in either ignore God's Law, fail to keep it, or try and abolish it. Lord have mercy on us all.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He has not so deceived the Church as a whole, for she is holy. Many of her members do in either ignore God's Law, fail to keep it, or try and abolish it. Lord have mercy on us all.
He cannot deceive the elect this is about the apostate churches.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does the Word say?

Psalm 119:9-40
How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, Lord;
teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.

ג Gimel

Be good to your servant while I live,
that I may obey your word.
Open my eyes that I may see
wonderful things in your law.
I am a stranger on earth;
do not hide your commands from me.
My soul is consumed with longing
for your laws at all times.
You rebuke the arrogant, who are accursed,
those who stray from your commands.
Remove from me their scorn and contempt,
for I keep your statutes.
Though rulers sit together and slander me,
your servant will meditate on your decrees.
Your statutes are my delight;
they are my counselors.

ד Daleth
I am laid low in the dust;
preserve my life according to your word.
I gave an account of my ways and you answered me;
teach me your decrees.
Cause me to understand the way of your precepts,
that I may meditate on your wonderful deeds.
My soul is weary with sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word.
Keep me from deceitful ways;
be gracious to me and teach me your law.
I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
I have set my heart on your laws.
I hold fast to your statutes, Lord;
do not let me be put to shame.
I run in the path of your commands,
for you have broadened my understanding.

ה He
Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees,
that I may follow it to the end.
Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
and obey it with all my heart.
Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.
Turn my heart toward your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.
Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
Fulfill your promise to your servant,
so that you may be feared.
Take away the disgrace I dread,
for your laws are good.
How I long for your precepts!
In your righteousness preserve my life.

We find all these truths fully in the person of Jesus as Revealed in the book of Revelation

Revelation 1:2
who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

When we dress ourselves with Him then we shall appear with Him in glory.

Colossians 3:4
"When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

This is a free gift to those who place their faith Jesus Christ as Lord over all.

Romans 4:4-8
"Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:
“Blessed are those
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the one

whose sin the Lord will never count against them.
”"

So it are not the doers of the law who are justified
Romans 3:27-28
"Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

But those who are justified are justified by Christ!
Galatians 32:16
"know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified."

So if we do the law to be saved we will perish as law breakers, but if we walk in the law of love for God and neighbour then we are set free and find our new life there in.

Galatians 5:14
"For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does the Word say?

Psalm 119:9-40
How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Praise be to you, Lord;
teach me your decrees.
With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.
ג Gimel

Be good to your servant while I live,
that I may obey your word.
Open my eyes that I may see
wonderful things in your law.
I am a stranger on earth;
do not hide your commands from me.
My soul is consumed with longing
for your laws at all times.
You rebuke the arrogant, who are accursed,
those who stray from your commands.
Remove from me their scorn and contempt,
for I keep your statutes.
Though rulers sit together and slander me,
your servant will meditate on your decrees.
Your statutes are my delight;
they are my counselors.

ד Daleth
I am laid low in the dust;
I gave an account of my ways and you answered me;
teach me your decrees.
Cause me to understand the way of your precepts,
that I may meditate on your wonderful deeds.
My soul is weary with sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word.
Keep me from deceitful ways;
be gracious to me and teach me your law.
I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
I have set my heart on your laws.
I hold fast to your statutes, Lord;
do not let me be put to shame.
I run in the path of your commands,
for you have broadened my understanding.

ה He
Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees,
that I may follow it to the end.
Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law
and obey it with all my heart.
Direct me in the path of your commands,
for there I find delight.
Turn my heart toward your statutes
and not toward selfish gain.
Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
Fulfill your promise to your servant,
so that you may be feared.
Take away the disgrace I dread,
for your laws are good.
How I long for your precepts!
In your righteousness preserve my life.

We find all these truths fully in the person of Jesus as Revealed in the book of Revelation

Revelation 1:2
who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

When we dress ourselves with Him then we shall appear with Him in glory.

Colossians 3:4
"When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

This is a free gift to those who place their faith Jesus Christ as Lord over all.

Romans 4:4-8
"Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness. David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:
“Blessed are those
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”"

So it are not the doers of the law who are justified
Romans 3:27-28
"Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

But those who are justified are justified by Christ!
Galatians 32:16
"know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified."

So if we do the law to be saved we will perish as law breakers, but if we walk in the law of love for God and neighbour then we are set free and find our new life there in.

Galatians 5:14
"For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.

[You just answered my question, now here is the truth of God's word.] (James 2:20-22,24) 20 But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Issac his son upon the altar? 22 See you how faith worked with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. (Romans 3:31) Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. [Do you not know the scriptures? Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments and it's not just two like that man fabricated doctrine you promote that doesn't have one iota of God's word to support it. What was an abomination and sin in the old hebrew scriptures is still today and I will continue to walk in God's ways regardless of what you law abolishers say. God bless you.]

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[Do you not know the scriptures?

You are forgetting what James said in the chapter before the text you quoted.
James 1:25
"But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

Looking into the perfect law and walking there, not labouring at it, sums up it up nicely. When you love God it is not hard to His will, no hard work, but a delight, as is it to serve your neighbour in love.
Matthew 22:36-40
Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

However any one trying to do good keeping the law fools him or herself.
1 John 3:4
"Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness."

When we try the to do the law then we give sin more power. (Just ponder on Israel murdering our Lord.)
1 Corinthians 15:56-58
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

My religious life i needed to be saved from.

Romans 7:5
"For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death."

Walking in The Spirit of Jesus brings complete freedom from sin.
Romans 8:2

"because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death."

Growing in the grace of God brings us our righteous life from above prepared from before the foundations of this world. Such works have nothing to do with doing the law but everything with fulfilling Christ's purpose in our lives.

Galatians 2:21
"I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

So you who are trying to please God doing His law have alienated yourself from God's grace!

Galatians 5:4
"You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace."

Being motivated in my heart by His Spirit to love God and neighbour is the kind of worship our Heavenly Father is pleased with.

John 4:23-24
"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

So whatever way you turn demanding adherence to physical laws you loose.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Like Paul says to the Galatians in chapter 3:1-3

You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?

So yes i have the witnesses i need to establish the truth of God in my heart. Faith in God's Son, Jesus Christ gives me His Spirit, such is my inheritance in Him. His life for me, as i gave Him my old life to take care off. Loving every bit of Him.

Peace.

Beholding Jesus!
His Voice of loving truth,
opening my blind eyes,
unblocking my deaf ears,
getting the lame dancing.

Him feeding the hungry
satisfying the thirsty
healing those fallen sick
Heavenly gifts for the poor.

All praise to Jesus
He truly did it
He conquered my sin
Now celebrating His Victory.

His love raising the dead
bringing New Life from above
while faith in His loving truth
is entering His Eternal Rest.

i know Jesus is from Heaven,
building me into the word.
greeted by Eternal Bliss
Forever is His Kingdom!

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are forgetting what James said in the chapter before the text you quoted.
James 1:25
"But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

Looking into the perfect law and walking there, not labouring at it, sums up it up nicely. When you love God it is not hard to His will, no hard work, but a delight, as is it to serve your neighbour in love.
Matthew 22:36-40
Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

However any one trying to do good keeping the law fools him or herself.
1 John 3:4
"Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness."

When we try the to do the law then we give sin more power. (Just ponder on Israel murdering our Lord.)
1 Corinthians 15:56-58
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

My religious life i needed to be saved from.

Romans 7:5
"For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death."

Walking in The Spirit of Jesus brings complete freedom from sin.

Romans 8:2
"because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death."

Growing in the grace of God brings us our righteous life from above prepared from before the foundations of this world. Such works have nothing to do with doing the law but everything with fulfilling Christ's purpose in our lives.

Galatians 2:21
"I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

So you who are trying to please God doing His law have alienated yourself from God's grace!

Galatians 5:4
"You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace."

Being motivated in my heart by His Spirit to love God and neighbour is the kind of worship our Heavenly Father is pleased with.

John 4:23-24
"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

So whatever way you turn demanding adherence to physical laws you loose.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Like Paul says to the Galatians in chapter 3:1-3

You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh?

So yes i have the witnesses i need to establish the truth of God in my heart. Faith in God's Son, Jesus Christ gives me His Spirit, such is my inheritance in Him. His life for me, as i gave Him my old life to take care off. Loving every bit of Him.

Peace.

Beholding Jesus!
His Voice of loving truth,
opening my blind eyes,
unblocking my deaf ears,
getting the lame dancing.

Him feeding the hungry
satisfying the thirsty
healing those fallen sick
Heavenly gifts for the poor.

All praise to Jesus
He truly did it
He conquered my sin
Now celebrating His Victory.

His love raising the dead
bringing New Life from above
while faith in His loving truth
is entering His Eternal Rest.

i know Jesus is from Heaven,
building me into the word.
greeted by Eternal Bliss
Forever is His Kingdom!

What is sin: transgression of torah. You promote lawlessness, I've heard your two command man fabricated doctrine before and it has nothing to stand on. Christ didn't die so we can live in sin he died to free us completely from it to become a servant of righteousness. You can't cast off God's law and think your living a holy life, man doesn't decide what righteous living is God does, and how does God show us what holy living looks like with his laws and precepts. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You promote lawlessness,

Romans 3:8
" Why not say—as some slanderously claim that we say—“Let us do evil that good may result”? Their condemnation is just!"

Who is inside your heart saying this? The accuser of the brethren? i hate sin and all lawlessness as God is my witness.

Rather i believe The Word, unlike you do.

Ezekiel 36:26-27
" I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws."

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romans 3:8
" Why not say—as some slanderously claim that we say—“Let us do evil that good may result”? Their condemnation is just!"

Who is inside your heart saying this? The accuser of the brethren? i hate sin and all lawlessness as God is my witness.

Rather i believe The Word, unlike you do.

Ezekiel 36:26-27
" I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws."
Are you serious, go read your previous posts where you say adherence to God's law is falling from grace, now you say you support God's law. I feel like I'm talking to Dr. Jekyll. Oh and guess what, God's law is still valid today till the earth passes away. God bless you.

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you serious, go read your previous posts where you say adherence to God's law is falling from grace, now you say you support God's law. I feel like I'm talking to Dr. Jekyll. Oh and guess what, God's law is still valid today till the earth passes away. God bless you.

Because God's Kingdom is Spiritual. Don't you understand the truth at all?

Luke 4:18
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,"

So fulfilling the law is Spiritual too, actively loving God and neighbour sums it all up Jesus teaches.

Peace.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Because God's Kingdom is Spiritual. Don't you understand the truth at all?

Luke 4:18
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,"

So fulfilling the law is Spiritual too, actively loving God and neighbour sums it all up Jesus teaches.

Peace.
God’s laws are Spiritual, just like God. Romans 7:14 The character of God is reflected in His laws. You remove God’s holy laws, you are removing God.

• Agree
Reactions: Hezekiah81
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God’s laws are Spiritual, just like God. Romans 7:14 The character of God is reflected in His laws. You remove God’s holy laws, you are removing God.

i would never remove His Law, i love His law, it is for eternal, but i will not do the law to try and add to my salvation, but rather acting out of my salvation i do the law loving God and neighbour truthfully.

Doing the law will not save us!

Faith in God's love - Jesus Christ saves us.

Psalm 85:8-13
I will listen to what God the Lord says;
he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants—
but let them not turn to folly.
Surely his salvation is near those who fear him,
that his glory may dwell in our land.

Love and faithfulness meet together;
righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Faithfulness springs forth from the earth,
and righteousness looks down from heaven.
The Lord will indeed give what is good,
and our land will yield its harvest.
Righteousness goes before him
and prepares the way for his steps

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
i would never remove His Law, i love His law, it is for eternal, but i will not do the law to try and add to my salvation, but rather acting out of my salvation i do the law loving God and neighbour truthfully.

Doing the law will not save us!

Faith in God's love - Jesus Christ saves us.

Psalm 85:8-13
I will listen to what God the Lord says;
he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants—
but let them not turn to folly.
Surely his salvation is near those who fear him,
that his glory may dwell in our land.

Love and faithfulness meet together;
righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Faithfulness springs forth from the earth,
and righteousness looks down from heaven.
The Lord will indeed give what is good,
and our land will yield its harvest.
Righteousness goes before him
and prepares the way for his steps

I agree the laws does not save, we are saved by God’s grace though our faith. We are judged though by our right or wrong-doings and obeying God’s laws is a fruit of our faith and how we express love to God. John 14:15, John 15:10, 1 John 5:3, Exodus 20:6

Psalm says 40:8 I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart.”

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am beginning to think Satan is not so subtle. The blatant disregard for God’s Ten Commandments that God personally wrote with His own hand and stored in the Most Holy of God’s Temple is no longer being taught in churches. Churches instead are teaching you no longer have to obey God’s commandments mainly because of the one commandment God said to REMEMBER everyone wants to forget. Who really wants us to forget the Holy day of the Lord thy God?

I see a direct correlation with the lack of teaching the commandments of God which has the character of our Savior to where we are in todays society. Lawlessness all around us. These things must happen though so our Savior will come back for us! I think it will be sooner than later!

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[You just answered my question, now here is the truth of God's word.] (James 2:20-22,24) 20 But will you know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
James is not telling us that we have to do works of the old covenant laws, he is telling us faith without good deeds is dead. Are you trying to pit James against Paul?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Issac his son upon the altar? 22 See you how faith worked with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Are you able to find a command in Torah that commands anyone to sacrifice their child on an alter? Abraham was justified by faith period. The KJV is not the best translation to use to understand how Abraham was justified. The NIV is a much better translation on the subject.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

(Romans 3:31) Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
That verse does not tell us we are under the Laws of the Sinai covenant. verse 27-28. 27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works (of the Law)? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

[Do you not know the scriptures? Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments and it's not just two like that man fabricated doctrine you promote that doesn't have one iota of God's word to support it.
Jesus answers what His commandments are in Jn 15: 9-14 and guess what they are not the commands of the Sinai covenant that was given only to the Israelites at Mt Sinai: 9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

What was an abomination and sin in the old hebrew scriptures is still today and I will continue to walk in God's ways regardless of what you law abolishers say. God bless you.]
New covenant Christians are not lawless as old covenant believers claim. We are under the Royal Law of Love. We are to love others as Jesus loves us. Jesus gave His life for us and is coming again to redeem those who believe in Him and keep HIS command to love. Amen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

As you point out - there is a problem when it comes to this topic. One hint of it shows up in Rom 3:20-21 with Rom 3:31.. The same Law of God that has for all ages condemned all mankind as sinners in vs 20-21 (for all have sinned) vs 23, is the one we "establish" in Rom 3:31 by faith.

31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? Far from it! On the contrary, we establish the Law. Rom 3:31

that is "the LAW" of God that includes "the TEN" having "'honor your father and mother' as the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2

It is the same Law of God "Written on the heart" in Jer 31:31-33 as part of that "NEW Covenant" that we find there. The Law of God known to Jeremiah and his readers.

Therefore it is "still a sin" - to "take God's name in vain" Ex 20:7 - even for Christians 1 John 3:4

Reactions: Hezekiah81
Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
James is not telling us that we have to do works of the old covenant laws, he is telling us faith without good deeds is dead. Are you trying to pit James against Paul?

Are you able to find a command in Torah that commands anyone to sacrifice their child on an alter? Abraham was justified by faith period. The KJV is not the best translation to use to understand how Abraham was justified. The NIV is a much better translation on the subject.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

That verse does not tell us we are under the Laws of the Sinai covenant. verse 27-28. 27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works (of the Law)? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

Jesus answers what His commandments are in Jn 15: 9-14 and guess what they are not the commands of the Sinai covenant that was given only to the Israelites at Mt Sinai: 9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

New covenant Christians are not lawless as old covenant believers claim. We are under the Royal Law of Love. We are to love others as Jesus loves us. Jesus gave His life for us and is coming again to redeem those who believe in Him and keep HIS command to love. Amen!
Jesus Christ quotes straight from torah all throughout the new testament, and what do you think good deeds are? Oh I know God tells us in his laws and precepts that you want to abolish. You don't decide what righteous living is God does. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And do you have no understanding? Abraham sets the example to obey God's word, God was testing him to see if he would obey. Do you really think God was going to let him go through with it? Also written torah was given from God through Moses to the children of Israel, and guess what if you are alive in Christ you are Abraham's seed. You don't decide what righteous living is God does.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am beginning to think Satan is not so subtle. The blatant disregard for God’s Ten Commandments that God personally wrote with His own hand and stored in the Most Holy of God’s Temple is no longer being taught in churches. Churches instead are teaching you no longer have to obey God’s commandments mainly because of the one commandment God said to REMEMBER everyone wants to forget. Who really wants us to forget the Holy day of the Lord thy God?

I see a direct correlation with the lack of teaching the commandments of God which has the character of our Savior to where we are in todays society. Lawlessness all around us. These things must happen though so our Savior will come back for us! I think it will be sooner than later!
That's what is so insidious about the father of lies, the truth of God's word is so evident yet people still blatantly reject it. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God's law has always been a law of love, Jesus Christ said love God and your neighbor, (Leviticus 19:8) (Deuteronomy 6:5) do you really think those are new commandments? No, Christ was quoting straight from torah, Christ taught in such a profound way because who knows God's word better than the Word himself, the new testament wasn't even written which mixed up religion thinks is the only thing valid. The old hebrew scriptures [tanakh] and the new testament validate each other not contradict, also I'm under the new covenant where I have been made a new creation unto good works which God before [key word before] ordained that we should walk in them. Man doesn't decide what righteous living is God does, so when Jesus said if you love me keep my commandments he meant it and he meant all of them, not just two like that man fabricated doctrine you promote. God bless you.

Upvote 0