United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not that I have ever heard.

BTW, great to see someone from the Philippines here! I have a few people I work with that live there.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Since Christ, according to Lutherans, bore the wrath of God due to sinners, is it the case that Lutherans interpret Christ's descent to Hades as Christ suffering from the fires of Hell for three days?

No, Christ's descent into Hades is Christ's vanquishing and defeat over it. Christ's descent is not about Him suffering, but Him conquering. Having suffered death once and for all, He swallows death up in victory by His defeating death and hell; for He descended into hell, ransacked it, and rose from the dead with victory, for He has the keys of Hades (Revelation 1:18).

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Since Christ, according to Lutherans, bore the wrath of God due to sinners, is it the case that Lutherans interpret Christ's descent to Hades as Christ suffering from the fires of Hell for three days?

Traditionally Lutherans understood it as both a humiliation and a victory.

The idea of Jesus being punished in our place isn't quite as prominent as in some Evangelical Reformed traditions, who tend to interpret Christ's death along strictly juridical lines.

• Informative
Reactions: trulytheone
Upvote 0