Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(Romans 6:16) Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (1 John 3:8) He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. (1 John 3:4) Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. (1 John 3:9) Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:6) Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins has not seen him, neither known him. (1 John 3:5) And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. (1 John 3:10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother. [Amazing God most high is telling us to obey and love because you can't be righteous in one without the other. If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though you believe not me, believe the works: that you may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. I love God he is my righteousness. Teshuvah and shama, God bless you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(Romans 6:16) Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom you obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (1 John 3:8) He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. (1 John 3:4) Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. (1 John 3:9) Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (1 John 3:6) Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins has not seen him, neither known him. (1 John 3:5) And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. (1 John 3:10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother. [Amazing God most high is telling us to obey and love because you can't be righteous in one without the other. If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though you believe not me, believe the works: that you may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him. I love God he is my righteousness. Teshuvah and shama, God bless you.

Do what you believe is right. This avoids all sin.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Christ died for me so I died for him
Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do what is right. This avoids all sin.
And who decides what righteous living is? not man but God most high does. And how does he show us what righteous living is? With His laws and precepts not commandments of men. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do what you believe is right. This avoids all sin.
(Proverbs 14:12) There is a way which seems right unto a man; but the end thereof are the ways of death. [Sorry I don't listen to the wisdom of the world but only the wisdom of God most high.]

Reactions: Abaxvahl
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(Proverbs 14:12) There is a way which seems right unto a man; but the end thereof are the ways of death. [Sorry I don't listen to the wisdom of the world but only the wisdom of God most high.]
And the proverbs are rather unclear where other passages are far more enlightening. You can skew a proverb to fit most any idea.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And the proverbs are rather unclear where other passages are far more enlightening. You can skew a proverb to fit most any idea.
I'm just curious what church congregation are you a part of?

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Proverbs are perfectly clear they're the wisdom of God most high not man and the set-apart Spirit gives you understanding of them.

Reactions: Abaxvahl
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Each man decides for themselves.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17) 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Upvote 0

Hezekiah81

Aug 18, 2021
Texas
✟7,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Each man decides for themselves.
(Ecclesiastes 12:13-14) 13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. [God bless you.]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(Proverbs 21:2) Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts.
Correct. Follow your heart to know what is right. Do that and avoid sin.

Stick to the greatest commandment. There are no other guidelines that beat
The Greatest Commandment
(and another is like it.)

Mark 12:31
The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

James 2:8
If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

Romans 15:2
Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

Proverbs 3:29 s
Do not plan evil against your neighbor, who dwells trustingly beside you.

Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Galatians 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Luke 10:27
And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

Romans 13:10
Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Luke 6:31
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

Matthew 19:19
Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Leviticus 19:18
You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

Leviticus 19:16-18
You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the Lord. “You shall not hate your brother in your heart, but you shall reason frankly with your neighbor, lest you incur sin because of him. You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

Galatians 6:10
So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

Matthew 22:39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Luke 10:29
But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Leviticus 19:13
“You shall not oppress your neighbor or rob him. The wages of a hired servant shall not remain with you all night until the morning.

Luke 10:25-37
And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How do you read it?” And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” And he said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this, and you will live.” But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Upvote 0

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Correct. Follow your heart to know what is right. Do that and avoid sin.

Stick to the greatest commandment.

Why stick to this Commandment if I "follow my heart"? What if my heart says to disobey it, or to obey it, how do I know what is obeying it and what is disobeying it?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(Proverbs 30:12) There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness.

After you have been born again, follow your heart.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why stick to this Commandment if I "follow my heart"? What if my heart says to disobey it, or to obey it, how do I know what is obeying it and what is disobeying it?
Follow your heart first. God only judges the heart.

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Galatians 5:14
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

1 Samuel 16:7
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Upvote 0