• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Stumblingblocks

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Leviticus 19 verse 14 states

[14] Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD.

It continues to amaze me the way in which people think it is alright, that it is okay to prevent me from knowing the full truth of what has been going on in my life. I am blind in many ways because I am unable to see and remember things I should. As a result I have spent a lot of time trying to understand by asking questions, by wanting to work out things, by having proper conversations. I have also spent a lot of time doing everything wrong, apologizing doing the same thing again, over and over not knowing, not remembering what I did. It is like walking in circles all the time for me.

Instead of people contacting me, my alter who is stronger, to help me to figure things out, to understand things, they happily keep me in perpetual darkness.

The father of my children has tried to contact me. Once he sent a message apparently but the oddest thing is I could not reply to him, call him back etc I don't know if it is because of the type of phone I have or a deliberate attempt by someone to prevent me from contacting him and sorting things us. Once he called me and my alter heard someone (him) asking for me but my alter heard him say a completely different name, in other words I did not know it was him, I heard him ask for a particular person which was not me and I said "wrong number". I am not sure how much times this has happened. I am not sure what to do about this.

I am also unable to recognize the father of my children often, when I do him I see my father instead, other people instead etc which is confusing for me.

It is very frustrating.

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It sounds like you would benefit from seeing a doctor of the mind. Their medical expertise is about the complex ways our minds work. I have used them at times in my life to sort things out, ones grounded in faith in Jesus, the ultimate Healer, and in His ways. I believe that God uses them just as He uses doctors for the rest of the body.

• Agree
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0