Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Christian Topics-Bible Study-Spiritual Warfare Job 1:6-19

If you are are a born again Christian, you have been transferred from the kingdom of darkness, into the kingdom of light. You are in the light and you have in you, the one who is Light, because the Bible says that God is Light. Ephesians 5:8.
When light comes, darkness disappears.

In the first and second chapters from the book of Job, we can see, that the enemy, can not touch a born again Christian, a child of God, because God has provided a hedge, or protection for every one of his saints, every Christian like he did for Job. If he did it for Job in the Old Testament, how much more he will do it for us, who are under the New Testament.

Only if God permits, the enemy can attack a Christian like he did with Job.
If a Christian walks in the light of God's Word, the enemy can not touch them. 1 John 5:18

Only if a Christian disobeys God and does not walk in the ways of his Word, only then he opens a door for the enemy - Ephesians 4:26, 27.
That is why, we are commanded in Ephessians chapter 6, to put all the armor of God.

Another thing to notice in Job 1:16, 18, is that people thought that it was God who caused the natural or supernatural calamity, but it was not God doing that. It was the enemy doing that. Often, when something bad happens in the life of people, one of the first questions he or she asks is "Why God has punished me like this, and make me suffer like this?" But that is not God. It is the enemy.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Another thing to notice in Job 1:16, 18, is that people thought that it was God who caused the natural or supernatural calamity, but it was not God doing that. It was the enemy doing that. Often, when something bad happens in the life of people, one of the first questions he or she asks is "Why God has punished me like this, and make me suffer like this?" But that is not God. It is the enemy.

As you said we open doors to the enemy in disobedience and unbelief. I often wondered what door did Job open that allowed Satan to enter in and attack him. I finally remembered....Job said "that thing that I feared the most has come upon me."
King James Version Job 3:25
For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
We have been taught that fear is not trusting God...it is lack of faith.
So bottom line, even though Job was a man who honored and obeyed God, he "feared" attacks against him and his family.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The devil can do nothing if God does not allow it.
God is all goodness, and all love.
Ever since I started looking for the lessons in every trial, the weight of my trials has decreased exponentially. Even if I can't find the reason, I know it's there somewhere, and that God is making me a better person because of this event.
And, if I can't find anything else, this verse has gone a long way to help me: "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." (James 1:2-3) And as Hebrews 12:7-9 reminds us, these trials are fatherly discipline; once again, here to make us better people. And as St. Paul reminds us, "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it." (1 Corinthians 10:13) Also, "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you." (James 4:8)
Good things to keep in mind.

Upvote 0