Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
What amazes me is we have folks arguing that there is no healing in the atonement or it might be provided time after time but we have yet to see them go through the scriptures thoroughly and give a large list of scriptures saying why it is not guaranteed in the atonement.

The word all is used so often in the Bible in relation to healing why do you think that is?

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
In My Father's Hands..No Safer Place To Be
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What amazes me is we have folks arguing that there is no healing in the atonement or it might be provided time after time but we have yet to see them go through the scriptures thoroughly and give a large list of scriptures saying why it is not guaranteed in the atonement.

The word all is used so often in the Bible in relation to healing why do you think that is?

The argument is not whether God heals us or not. That is really not the argument, as has really never been the argument as far as I am concerned. We all admit and know that God is a healer, his word is true.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I repeat:

All these verses are common knowledge to the average believer..and all of us have been healed and delivered from something..and will want further healing from something else in this life..be it physical or emotional, or financial.

What is not common knowledge to some obviously is that people actually get sick and/or die at some point in their journey.

Faith in God does not allow one to live forever on earth. ( There will be those here when rapture takes place of course, but those who are left behind will not have been believers anyway )

If you or anyone else could name me just ONE person whose faith allowed them to live past 120 years after God said man would not, then I will go and sit down and become a WOF'er myself.

Of course, there will some who will be here when the rapture takes place, but the rest will be dead...dead..dead..dead..those who did not receive this 'guaranteed healing' will be dead...So, it can't be guaranteed if millions are dead and still dieing every single day and will be raised in the rapture..

Now this is common knowledge.

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Originally Posted by irenemcg

..and even if it is ONE person, they still died at some point....Or maybe there really won't be any dead in Christ who will rise on that day.

Will there be any dead in Christ who will rise one day Irene?

Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Nobody here has said we will not die some day but praise God we will be absent from the body and present with the Lord.

God does not want us sick right now.

Psa 34:17 The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears,
And delivers them out of all their troubles

Sickness surely is part of our troubles.

Psa 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the LORD delivers him out of them all.

Psa 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Psa 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Psa 103:3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,

Psa 145:17 The LORD is righteous in all His ways,
Gracious in all His works.

Pro 4:20 My son, give attention to my words;
Incline your ear to my sayings.
Pro 4:21 Do not let them depart from your eyes;
Keep them in the midst of your heart;
Pro 4:22 For they are life to those who find them,
And health to all their flesh.

Hos 4:6 a My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟132,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some people just don't get it....

Could someone, ANYONE point to any one person who believes that we should never die? Hands? Anyone believe something remotely resembling this? No?

Then why the heck is it constantly brought up in these threads? Can you say, transparent strawman?

People die. Yep. It's true. It's a result of the fall of man, which can be clearly seen in Genesis 3. What is not clearly spelled out in Genesis 3 is that sickness was a result of the fall. No matter how much reasoning you do, it doesn't change the fact that God did not specify sickness as a consequence of the fall of man.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟132,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you or anyone else could name me just ONE person whose faith allowed them to live past 120 years after God said man would not, then I will go and sit down and become a WOF'er myself.

Interesting. Let's see if you're a woman of your word.

122 year old woman, died on August 4, 1997

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,456.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Irene:wave:

Maybe God is making a point with that little but important word 'all'.

God does not show favoritism only to a few, all his chidlren are his favorites!

:)

Reactions: peacechild4
Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting. Let's see if you're a woman of your word.

122 year old woman, died on August 4, 1997

:eek::eek: EEK EEK.....

I repent Lord for this one error I have made, and I renounce my decision to become a WOF'er, for if I do, I will then be made a liar. For I do not agree with the doctrine, and would be only a WOF'er in name and not heart. I will continue to follow only you Lord, not any other man or his belief..But, only yours...So please forgive me for this one sin in Jesus Name I pray.:bow::bow:

( Well, she is no longer with us I see..May she RIP, and may we all see her on that blessed day ):liturgy:

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some people just don't get it....

Could someone, ANYONE point to any one person who believes that we should never die? Hands? Anyone believe something remotely resembling this? No?

Then why the heck is it constantly brought up in these threads? Can you say, transparent strawman?

People die. Yep. It's true. It's a result of the fall of man, which can be clearly seen in Genesis 3. What is not clearly spelled out in Genesis 3 is that sickness was a result of the fall. No matter how much reasoning you do, it doesn't change the fact that God did not specify sickness as a consequence of the fall of man.

Yeah, Some people just don't get it.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Thinking about the death issue.. Hee hee aren't we told to raise the dead and that comes right after healing the sick.. Perhaps if more people did this.. well then we really could live out 120 plus years!! :)

Matthew 10:8
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.