On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
QUOTE="EpiscipalMe, post: 73581848, member: 399759"]Some vaccines are grown in cell lines derived from human fetuses that were electively aborted in the 1960s. The vaccines themselves do not contained human fetal tissue.
Which Vaccines Contain Aborted Baby Parts?
You seem like a nice fellow. I could agree to disagree with you on that point.
Cells derived from human cells are human cells even tho they be derived.

The truth is, we do not know what causes autism. It is likely multifactorial. However, vaccination does not seem to play a role.
Obviously, enough people have observed enough correlation between them to create a controversy ( unless you have a conspiracy theory on how this controversy is an engineered hoax)

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Vaccines cause adults, not autism.

Besides, there's a measles outbreak in WA caused by anti-vax parents.

Even if vaccines caused autism, which no credible evidence besides anecdotal musings of soccer moms on Facebook, would you really rather your child died than had autism?

The irony is that most of those people placing their children's lives at risk and risking others is that they were likely vaccinated themselves.

Anti-vaxxers are dangerous and should be prosecuted, frankly.
This is not the comedy forum, but I appreciate your sense of humor.
The number needed to treat to prevent an illness specifically in children is 5. That’s vaccinate 5 and 1 will avoid an illness they would otherwise get. The number needed to harm is 125. That is treat 125 and 1 will experience a side effect (most common by far is a fever for a day or so). Source = the Cochrane Database.

"There ought be law!" lol, yet killin' me here.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
You seem like a nice fellow. I could agree to disagree with you on that point.
Cells derived from human cells are human cells even tho they be derived.

Obviously, enough people have observed enough correlation between them to create a controversy ( unless you have a conspiracy theory on how this controversy is an engineered hoax)

Nobody has observed a credible correlation between vaccines and autism - that’s the point. This all started with a study by Andrew Wakefield which was retracted because the results were falsified.

As far as you cells theory - the vaccines we are discussing are live attenuated viruses. Viruses are not cells.

Besides, “tissue” (as in human fetal tissue) is a group of specialized cells with a particular function. The immortalized cell lines (derived from a fetus aborted in the 1960s) are not tissue.

Last edited:
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does one "anti vaxxer" cause an outbreak of measles when everyone else is supposedly vaccinated against such things? I never understood that.

Are the millions of illegal immigrants vaccinated? Are they causing outbreaks too?

Bump

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
How does one "anti vaxxer" cause an outbreak of measles when everyone else is supposedly vaccinated against such things? I never understood that.

Are the millions of illegal immigrants vaccinated? Are they causing outbreaks too?

Because the unfortunate children placed at risk by other parents are susceptible, also if you're vaccinated you still have an albeit very small chance of getting it. So it makes sense that in areas where parents place their children at risk by not vaccinating them that it's more common to spread.

As for illegal immigrants, who knows? Mexico has a very good system for vaccination, at least.

Nonetheless, that doesn't change the fact that pseudoscience peddled on Facebook by people grossly ignorant of the facts is causing outbreaks in the U.S.

It's practically child abuse at this point. To not provide basic medical provision that's readily available as a preventative measure against potentially deadly illnesses.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because the unfortunate children placed at risk by other parents are susceptible, also if you're vaccinated you still have an albeit very small chance of getting it. So it makes sense that in areas where parents place their children at risk by not vaccinating them that it's more common to spread.

As for illegal immigrants, who knows? Mexico has a very good system for vaccination, at least.

Nonetheless, that doesn't change the fact that pseudoscience peddled on Facebook by people grossly ignorant of the facts is causing outbreaks in the U.S.

It's practically child abuse at this point. To not provide basic medical provision that's readily available as a preventative measure against potentially deadly illnesses.

I read that they reach all but 2-3% of their children, but didnt they have an episode with vaccines themselves? Mexico suspends infant vaccines after two babies die and 29 fall ill

That would constitute a break out of illness due to a vaccine wouldn't it?

Many Amish refuse to vaccinate their children, not that they all refuse but some do, why do folks attack people outside of the Amish for the decision not to do so?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Herd immunity is a marketing myth because the vaccines are not 100% effective.
None of these champions of sanity have ever seen a vaccine insert.

I have seen a vaccine insert. I have also seen the package inserts from many pharmaceuticals and medical devices. There is nothing unusual about the vaccine inserts.

And herd immunity is a real thing. Vaccines do not need to be 100% effective to confer herd immunity.

It Takes a Herd

• Haha
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I read that they reach all but 2-3% of their children, but didnt they have an episode with vaccines themselves? Mexico suspends infant vaccines after two babies die and 29 fall ill

That would constitute a break out of illness due to a vaccine wouldn't it?

Many Amish refuse to vaccinate their children, not that they all refuse but some do, why do folks attack people outside of the Amish for the decision not to do so?

Because the Amish oppose vaccinations on religious grounds.

Others oppose vaccinations because they believe in lies.

• Haha
Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because the Amish oppose vaccinations on religious grounds.

Others oppose vaccinations because they believe in lies.

Those who have died after a vaccine or have become ill after believed in vaccines though didnt they?

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Those who have died after a vaccine or have become ill after believed in vaccines though didnt they?

All of medicine is risk vs benefit. You can become ill or die from literally any treatment.

However, the risk of dying or becoming ill is much higher without the vaccine than with it. Avoiding vaccines leads to more deaths than administering vaccines.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of medicine is risk vs benefit. You can become ill or die from literally any treatment.

However, the risk of dying or becoming ill is much higher without the vaccine than with it. Avoiding vaccines leads to more deaths than administering vaccines.

Yeah but if everyone around you is vaccinated and you are not (when it is spread from person to person) how is there this great risk attributed to not being vaccinated? Like Polio (for example) if in 1952 over 3000 children died of the disease but 200,000 people died of cancer (that same year) but the entire population must be ordered to be vaccinated (Today, in the hundreds of millions today) over such a small number? Only because it doesn't really reflect that great of a risk in numbers like that (for instance). I would think in cases like that (if given the choice) if any such outbreak began) that they might change their mind and it be open to them (if they chose that route, in first refusing). I don't understand the anger at those who distrust vaccines by those who do trust them. There have always been illness through history and vaccinations were not available then, and given there is a risk either way, I don't think anyone should get angry at someone chosing their own risks rather then others choosing which risks they should take is all.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah but if everyone around you is vaccinated and you are not (when it is spread from person to person) how is there this great risk attributed to not being vaccinated? Like Polio (for example) if in 1952 over 3000 children died of the disease but 200,000 people died of cancer, so the entire population ordered to be vaccinated (like in the hundreds of millions today) over such a small number doesn't really reflect that great of a risk in a number like that (for instance). I would think in cases like that (if given the choice) if any such outbreak began) that they might change their mind and it be open to them (if they chose that route, in first refusing). I don't understand the anger at those who distrust vaccines by those who do trust them. There have always been illness through history and vaccinations were not available then, and given there is a risk either way, I don't think anyone should get angry at someone chosing their own risks rather then others choosing which risks they should take is all.

You are right that these illnesses predate vaccines by a long shot. However, death and complications from these illnesses have been dramatically reduced by vaccination.

And the problem is not one or two people choosing not to vaccinate - it is large groups of people choosing not to vaccinate, which is what happens. Then, you have people who cannot have vaccines or who do not respond to them due to weakened immune systems (premature infants, cancer patients, those with genetic defects in the immune system, the elderly, etc).

Again, if someone makes an educated decision not to vaccinate, or if they choose not to on religious grounds, I may not like it, but I can respect it. However, I get angry when people peddle false information or when people believe these and make poorly informed decisions.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was 3 years ago, and vaccines have been ruled out as the cause.
No, "vaccine reactions" didn't kill several children in Mexico - RESPECTFUL INSOLENCE

VET

verb
verb: vet; 3rd person present: vets; past tense: vetted; past participle: vetted; gerund or present participle: vetting
  1. 1.
    make a careful and critical examination of (something).

Upvote 0

WherevertheWindblows

Dec 30, 2018
City
✟7,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That was 3 years ago, and vaccines have been ruled out as the cause.
No, "vaccine reactions" didn't kill several children in Mexico - RESPECTFUL INSOLENCE

VET

verb
verb: vet; 3rd person present: vets; past tense: vetted; past participle: vetted; gerund or present participle: vetting
  1. 1.
    make a careful and critical examination of (something).

From the article, he says, " Of course, this is all speculation on my part, given that we do not yet have any definitive evidence telling us what happened. Indeed, we don’t even know yet (as of my writing this last night) which species of bacteria contaminated the vials."

Isnt he speculating?

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the article, he says, " Of course, this is all speculation on my part, given that we do not yet have any definitive evidence telling us what happened. Indeed, we don’t even know yet (as of my writing this last night) which species of bacteria contaminated the vials."

Isnt he speculating?
He was speculating on how the vaccines became infected with bacteria. Not on whether or not vaccines in themselves are inherently the problem.
Read further. He also states:
"A full and complete investigation is required urgently to determine what went wrong and how these vaccines became contaminated with bacteria. That was the problem, not some general problem with vaccines inherent in their design that led to severe adverse reactions."

Indeed, he goes on to state:
"It is a distinction that will be lost on people who so fear and distrust vaccines that they view them as inherently dangerous and useless, who are so eager to blame vaccines for every ill suffered by children that they will gladly leap on any story that they think they can use to sow fear, uncertainty, and doubt about vaccines."

...and it looks like he was right about that.

• Haha
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.