• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Study: Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than People Living Through The Black Plague Did

Discussion in 'Clean/Christian Jokes' started by redleghunter, Jul 15, 2019.

1. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+29,522
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Study: Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than People Living Through The Black Plague Did Their Entire Lives

U.S.—Demonstrating just how bad modern life has gotten, surveys now show that the average American today complains more in a week than people living during the black plague complained throughout their entire 30-year life span.

“There’s just so much more going wrong now,” said Karen Maxwell, a college student. “Things were just much simpler during the Black Death. All they had to deal with was squalor, starvation, and the constant threat of disease. Nowadays we have microaggressions, student debt, gluten, unequal pay for women, GMOs, problematic things like Scarlett Johansson playing a transgender man. The list just goes on and on. So it’s no wonder we complain more.”

“It just makes sense,” she added before going back to using her smartphone, a device that would have seemed like dark magic to people living just a hundred years ago.

Studies backup Maxwell, as there are recorded only a handful of common complaints from the 14th century such as large boils, lack of food, and everyone dying. In the present day, though, there are thousands of things people complain about daily — poor cell service, traffic jams, unripe avocados, obesity, favorite TV shows being canceled — problems no one six hundred years ago had to deal with at all.

“It’s just a miserable time to live in,” Troy Walker said while eating a burrito in an air conditioned food court, something that would probably confuse and scare a 14th century European. “All the disease back in the 1300s sounds bad, but at least they didn’t have high health care costs from it since they didn’t have health care. And look how we’re being exploited by capitalism.” Walker pointed to his iPhone. “But in plague-ridden Europe, most people had pretty much nothing, so they didn’t have to worry about that.”

More at link: Study: Average American Now Complains More In A Week Than People Living Through The Black Plague Did Their Entire Lives

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. SavedByGrace3

SavedByGrace3 Whoever calls on the name of Jesus will be saved Supporter

+1,193
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Simple... most Americans are spoiled entitled brats who, if and when a real emergency hits, will likely be gone within a month. Not to be pessimistic, but I suspect a great die off is soon coming. An economic collapse, a breakdown of society, any sort of real war, a food shortage, trucks stopping, lost of signal on their iphones... just about anything will devastate them and send them running for a cliff.
    Thin the horde.

3. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+29,522
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Then they will just become 'entitled' zombie hordes coming to eat your flesh. ^_^

zombie hoard.gif

4. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,469
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Or they will pull out a gun and thin the horde after being cut off in traffic.

And, once, I was on my bike and I did not wait where one guy was sure I was supposed to stop with cars. He was screaming out his car window, and I was, like, not even across and I could hear his voice still coming from somewhere.

That was years ago. No, I do not still hear the voice.

5. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+6,728
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    True. I am deeply troubled by the Scarlett Johansson thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. SavedByGrace3

SavedByGrace3 Whoever calls on the name of Jesus will be saved Supporter

+1,193
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I can hear them now...
    "youtube... twitter... iphone... youtube... twitter..."