Student suspended for reporting sexual assault.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
High School Student Suspended For Reporting A Sexual Assault | YourTango

It seems the district decided she was making it up. So they suspended her for making a false report. They also reqjuired her to take a class on preventing sexual assault. (Note the doublethink there. If she made it up then there is no reason for her to learn how to prevent sexual assault. If she did not make it up there is no reason to suspend her.) The details given make me wonder what she could have done. Never go to the bathrom alone?

BUT the police took it seriously and when they pulled the guy in he confessed. It made no difference to the school board!

It seems to me the only thing that could be laid at her door when it comes to doing something less than perfect was not reporting it sooner. But on that it seems perhaps she had very good reason to ne reluctant to report it.

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
“He would, like, come into the bathroom and he would push me into the stall,” the girl said. “He put his hands in my pants and then he was like touching my breasts.”

Guess girl's bathrooms are just free-for-alls these days.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Another example of school administrators being shown to be not-good people.
I think better training and more security around bathrooms.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another example of school administrators being shown to be not-good people.
The whole scenario is bizarre. All they should of said was, this is matter for the police and then called the police. However Bad judgments don't mean they are bad people.

It seems the district decided she was making it up. So they suspended her for making a false report. They also reqjuired her to take a class on preventing sexual assault. (Note the doublethink there. If she made it up then there is no reason for her to learn how to prevent sexual assault. If she did not make it up there is no reason to suspend her.) The details given make me wonder what she could have done. Never go to the bathrom alone?

BUT the police took it seriously and when they pulled the guy in he confessed. It made no difference to the school board!

It seems to me the only thing that could be laid at her door when it comes to doing something less than perfect was not reporting it sooner. But on that it seems perhaps she had very good reason to ne reluctant to report it.
School Board or principal and vice principal?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“He would, like, come into the bathroom and he would push me into the stall,” the girl said. “He put his hands in my pants and then he was like touching my breasts.”

Guess girl's bathrooms are just free-for-alls these days.
Dad's responses should be.
Sexual assault is not good but it is not rape. I can't find in the article where the kid raped her. But almost everybody here is saying rape. Am I missing something?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The whole scenario is bizarre. All they should of said was, this is matter for the police and then called the police. However Bad judgments don't mean they are bad people.

Bad judgments discovered and unreversed does make them bad people.

Something similar happened to my daughter--also in a high-end school. High-end schools are willing to cover up a lot of sexual abuse in their halls for the sake of their big bucks.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is the Judge

Something similar happened to my daughter--also in a high-end school. High-end schools are willing to cover up a lot of sexual abuse in their halls for the sake of their big bucks.
Sorry you and your family went through that. I hope it did not have any lasting affects on your daughter.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is the Judge

God is the final judge of their salvation.

Scripture tells us that God puts human authority in place to judge human social behavior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God is the final judge of their salvation.

Scripture tells us that God puts human authority in place to judge human social behavior.
Not everyone in positions of authority are there because God deemed it.
You said they were bad people. A couple bad judgment calls do not necessitate that they are.
Take care.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not everyone in positions of authority are there because God deemed it.
You said they were bad people. A couple bad judgment calls do not necessitate that they are.
Take care.

Refusing to reverse a bad judgment when it's proven to have been a bad judgment is a bad action, not merely another error of judgment.

It's okay to be mistaken, but it's not okay to be wrong. Refusing to admit you were mistaken when presented with the truth is just plain wrong, particularly when you are hurting someone in the process.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟374,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Refusing to reverse a bad judgment when it's proven to have been a bad judgment is a bad action, not merely another error of judgment.

It's okay to be mistaken, but it's not okay to be wrong. Refusing to admit you were mistaken when presented with the truth is just plain wrong, particularly when you are hurting someone in the process.
And yet that still does not make them bad people.
We don't know all the particulars.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And yet that still does not make them bad people.
We don't know all the particulars.
The police found sufficient evidence to charge the guy. The guy admitted to doing it. She reported it like she was supposed to, yet the school punished her, the victim. They're clearly not putting student safety first. They're bad people for it.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Yep. More concerned with their reputation and prestige than student safety.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Can't say I'm surprised. A false allegation reflects badly on the school -- a true allegation is even worse.

• Agree
Reactions: Poppyseed78
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Let's pretend something else for a moment, although we'll find out that it's not actually anything we need to pretend, but let's pretend anyway...

Were either the victim or the perpetrator of this crime that took place in this girl's bathroom male?

What? Yes?

AH! Yes, the perpetrator was indeed male.

We don't need to go back in time or anything else to figure out that the problem here was that a male was involved in a crime that took place in a location where he wasn't supposed to be, because males of ALL varieties don't belong in girl's bathrooms. That's why they are girl's bathrooms and not any other sort of bathroom when applicable to females.

See, we don't have to go back in time to figure that out. Imagine that! Had a male of any variety not been in the bathroom in the first place, no sexual assault would have ever taken place in the girl's bathroom. He can't sexually assault her from outside of the bathroom if she's inside the bathroom...just the thought that it would be possible is silly. Either she has to come out of the girl's bathroom (where she belongs when she needs to be in a bathroom) or he has to go inside the girl's bathroom (where he doesn't belong because he's a male and not a female).

This is how biology works. It's how biology has worked since the 1960's. It's even worked this way since the 1860's. In fact, it's worked this way for many centuries and thousands (and if you're not a flat-earth creationist) millions of years if not longer. Other mammals don't have this imaginary problem. They, unlike some humans, are perfectly capable of distinguishing between males and females of their own species. Even squirrels can do it, and they can be very easily distracted, and yet there we are. Squirrels 1, Humans 0.

And so we have this crime that took place and then another that may as well have been a second crime that took place when the school administration disciplined the VICTIM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0