Phoenix
✟7,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
So my best friend is divorcing her husband because 1.) She hasn't been happy since the beginning. (Which I believe can be fixed.) And 2.) There are high suspicions that he is actually gay. I've had him ask me many questions throughout our friendship that I was uncomfortable answering because the context he asked them in. (How big is your junk, are you a grower or shower) Sorry it's so vulgar, just saying what he's said. He's told me that he's thought about men and being with them. (But never acted as far as I know) the other day he told me he loves me a wee bit romantically. I've been besfriends with his wife before they knew each other, since we were young. She has told me things that he's done that again, leads to these suspicions. The point is, should I still be hanging out with her as they're going through this? She's set on divorcing him. I believe they can mend this. She is saying God has given her the clear to leave this man. She has grown to have affection for me, and I don't. I don't want to get married ever, and I'd be an adulterer if I did marry her anyway. I still want to e we friend, but it seems like the only thing I can do is move out of state, and away from the whole thing! I don't want them to be divorced, but if he is really gay and hiding it, what can I do? How can I help them stay as one?

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟327,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As far as what to do, I wouldn't leave my home state because of someone elses marriage problems. Also I wouldn't be afraid to marry your friend if you both want to. But running from the situation while its understandable to just want to run from an absurd situation, I think its the wrong one. You guys all need to sit down and talk about this. Then go from there.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So my best friend is divorcing her husband because 1.) She hasn't been happy since the beginning. (Which I believe can be fixed.) And 2.) There are high suspicions that he is actually gay. I've had him ask me many questions throughout our friendship that I was uncomfortable answering because the context he asked them in. (How big is your junk, are you a grower or shower) Sorry it's so vulgar, just saying what he's said. He's told me that he's thought about men and being with them. (But never acted as far as I know) the other day he told me he loves me a wee bit romantically. I've been besfriends with his wife before they knew each other, since we were young. She has told me things that he's done that again, leads to these suspicions. The point is, should I still be hanging out with her as they're going through this? She's set on divorcing him. I believe they can mend this. She is saying God has given her the clear to leave this man. She has grown to have affection for me, and I don't. I don't want to get married ever, and I'd be an adulterer if I did marry her anyway. I still want to e we friend, but it seems like the only thing I can do is move out of state, and away from the whole thing! I don't want them to be divorced, but if he is really gay and hiding it, what can I do? How can I help them stay as one?
Only God can help them stay as one. Leave it to Him. You just stay out of it without anguish.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You need to talk to your pastor. She needs to talk to her pastor. Your friend needs to talk to his pastor. This is a complicated issue. It may be impossible to really understand the details of the situations over the internet.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Since both of them have come at you with confessions of having romantic feelings
toward you...I'd encourage you to not to spend much time in their presence and
to earnestly be praying for both of them to be obedient to the Lord and to God's
Word instead of following they flesh, cause neither one of them had any business
expressing any such romantic feelings toward you because they are married...they are to honor God and His Word in their lives each day,
not just when they feel like it.

You can't help them much more than praying, pointing them back to God and encourage them both to seek counseling...having closer contact with them isn't
wise since things be as they are...both of them looking at you for "more"...nix
that asap!

Proverbs 12:26
"The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray."

Upvote 0