• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Struggling

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh, I'm so sorry. I myself have amazingly endured some terrible situations. Only with God's help have I survived so I really cling to Him when yet another trial comes. I'm in my seventies now.

Prayer My prayer for you.png

• Friendly
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

Kim_Marie

Mar 29, 2020
Tacoma
✟9,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I'm so sorry. I myself have amazingly endured some terrible situations. Only with God's help have I survived so I really cling to Him when yet another trial comes. I'm in my seventies now.

View attachment 273835
Hello and thank you.... God has gifted you with a long life... you must have quite a legacy .. sadly.. to think of myself living into my old age.. it terrifies me..

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello and thank you.... God has gifted you with a long life... you must have quite a legacy .. sadly.. to think of myself living into my old age.. it terrifies me..

My mother lived to be 93. I don't expect or desire to be in my nineties. My older sister passed way at 45 and my half sister I think was 52.

There were times I thought I couldn't survive the trials I faced and there were times I didn't want to, but God is always with me to help me survive.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Ahermit

May 10, 2015
✟48,465.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am 65, and regardless of what struggles I have endured, I always discover that I am okay. In fact I was okay even while struggling, but would not see that at the time. In retrospect, I always have been okay and always be okay. Why? Because the true me is the inner being, which knows the truth of the matter, and is always okay.

Not only this, but all things pass. For 65 years things have come as a struggle and they eventually pass. This struggle you are currently in, will also pass. And since it will pass, you might as well already consider it passing you by.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Struggling can be a lonely job but when we bring ourselves to Jesus while we struggle we always find the willingness and ability to go onwards.

Do make that a habit in your life, bring your difficult times to Him don't let them take you away from Him.

Faith in God's love always brings hope for better.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I just try to not rely on my own feelings about myself then. Something I'm still struggling with, but I've gotten better. God knows best, He gave His Son for you too, you matter greatly to Him. It will get better dear sister. Sometimes we have to go through very hard times, but patience and trust in God are waiting at the end of the rainbow, even if we couldn't see a rainbow anywhere in sight. We are not alone with the crosses we bear. Jesus Christ promised to be there with us. We can trust Him with it, against all circumstance and feeling. Many of the older people here already know this from experience. I like to have them here. They have survived whatever hardships so far, and they have gotten patient, and their hearts haven't gone cold as they like to comfort struggling people.

God bless you, said a prayer for you.

• Agree
Reactions: Vieste
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hello...
I have been struggling for a while, wondering what is something you do when you find yourself out of it?
I am feeling pretty poorly myself lately.

May I ask what exactly is wrong?

Upvote 0

Kim_Marie

Mar 29, 2020
Tacoma
✟9,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I just try to not rely on my own feelings about myself then. Something I'm still struggling with, but I've gotten better. God knows best, He gave His Son for you too, you matter greatly to Him. It will get better dear sister. Sometimes we have to go through very hard times, but patience and trust in God are waiting at the end of the rainbow, even if we couldn't see a rainbow anywhere in sight. We are not alone with the crosses we bear. Jesus Christ promised to be there with us. We can trust Him with it, against all circumstance and feeling. Many of the older people here already know this from experience. I like to have them here. They have survived whatever hardships so far, and they have gotten patient, and their hearts haven't gone cold as they like to comfort struggling people.

God bless you, said a prayer for you.
Thank you. Just been so overwhelmed lately. I appreciate your concern and prayers. God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums