• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Struggling with voice.

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I'm really having a hard time with the voice in my head. This voice keeps threatening me. He says he will hurt me if I play a certain board game with my brother. My brother really wants to play this certain board game with me, but I'm afraid of the voice in my head. The voice has cut me before in the past. I know it doesn't seem possible, but I'm really afraid, and my brother bothers me about playing this game all the time. I've been praying to God, but I'm not getting any answer. The voice in my head laughs at me all the time. He says its funny how he is going to hurt me. He laughs and laughs and says it's really funny.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

SnowTiger

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't listen to it. Ask Christ to help, and protect you. Ask Jesus to give you His peace, and chase away the stupid voice. It's ok to play a board game with your brother.

I had those voices, too. It stinks. They're mean, and hateful. Christ loves you, Snow. He is alive, and He is stronger than those voices.

• Agree
Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What helps me, is gazing at an image of Christ, and talking to, and praising Him. That always helps.

Divine+Mercy_JPG.jpeg

Reactions: ilovejcsog
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
There is a wicked board game. I hope you are not using it at all. Above posts are good advice. I am praying for you! Tell the voice to leave in the name of your Savior Jesus.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you for the help. I'm really afraid of the voice. I'll keep praying to God. Maybe he will give me an answer.
Fear can be it's own enemy, and can give that voice power over you as well, try to find material that will help you combat fears, especially irrational fears...

And you need to seriously ask yourself if you somehow created this voice in your own psyche, or if it is a part of your own psyche also...? Cause if it is, then you may be able to turn the tables so to speak, and have some power and control over it instead...

If that is the case, etc, remind it that if you created it, then you have the power to destroy it or do away with it as well... If that is the case, etc...

If not, then you may need another kind of advice in dealing with it maybe...

But, if it is, then maybe it's time to put your combat boots on soldier, and start reminding it of it's place, etc...

I mean, what can it do to you really...? I mean, it's not God right, so what is it threatening you with, etc...? Cause it may be threatening you with things that it just does not have to power, nor ability, nor authority to do to you after all, but it will lie about them and that etc, and laugh when you buys into the fact, or rather, "fiction" that it can even do that, or the things it says and/or only claims it can, etc... Don't buy into it's "empty threats" etc... And don't become paralyzed with fear over it's "empty threats" etc...

And, ask God about the board game... and if its a wigi-board or something, then you should know right off the bat not to play that one, but if it's something innocent, then tell that voice to shut it's dang loud, abnoxious, irritating, and annoying mouth, and do what you want to do or not do, and let your yes be a firm yes, and your no be a firm no... And inform him/it of this boldly and immediately if you have to... And be adamant with it about your yes's and your no's, and do not change your mind or go back and forth all the time, regardless of what it says, and tell it to stuff and shut up, and use and even say in Jesus name if you have to...

You know it lies, so why do you buy it's lies, talk back to it in a way that is taking back your power and authority over it, instead of the other way around...

You have to eventually get to a point where you know and realize that it can to do little to nothing to you at all, especially without your consent, ect... Use that to put it in it's place, it's nothing without you, and that part is a part he/it doesn't want you to know, cause it gives you power, etc...

Take back your power... What's it he gonna do? Bombard you with disturbing thoughts...? That can only go so far, before you are already familiar with all of them, and it becomes very old, and old news, and he runs out of ammo, etc... He can't take control of you physically, so what is he/it saying he can or will do to you, etc...?

If you feel him/it putting pressure on you in any way, then fight back and learn to fight back, and talk back, at least in your mind, immediately, OK...? Learn to put him/it in it's rightful place, which is not over you but under you, and under your feet or at your feet, OK...

Don't be scared that you have to deal with him/it, most of the power he may claim to have or will lie about having, he just doesn't have but is lying to you that he has, etc... You must see through it, etc... And a great, great deal of it comes through your own fears, both in general, and of of just fearing his presence, which is not to be feared that much at all, etc...

Anyway, PM me anytime, K...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@SnowTiger I hope you get to a place where you begin to realize and notice that he has no ammo anymore, and that all his/it's threats are all empty ones, for the most part, ect... Or are very old ones that are empty now, etc...

Be praying for you, PM me anytime...

I must also remind you, and it is very important to note, that he/it is there to your focus off of God and on him instead, off the One who is kind and slow to anger and wrath, and the still small voice, etc... a lot of his mission is for you to take you focus off of that One and onto him instead, cause that would be a great threat to him, ect... Then you might learn about true power, etc...

Oh, and don't get impatient with him/it, but do learn to very firm and adamant with him, when you have to deal with him/it, which will hopefully be less and less over time, hopefully OK...? and work on cultivating your relationship with the "other voice" that I just talked about more and more, when your not having to deal with him/it or this one, or this voice your talking about now, etc, OK...? And his/it's voice and presence should become less and less over time, K...?

Oh, and don't make all your conversation with the good voice all about him or the other voice all of the time either, cause that is too much focus on him again also, but in your cultivating your relationship with the good, much better voice, learn to talk about and discuss as many things as you possibly can that have very little or next to nothing to do with him or the bad voice, K...?

Your goal here is to eventually drown out the bad voice with the good and much, much better One, K...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0