Georgia
✟8,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi. I've been failing in regards to bearing fruit as of late, because of a lack of trust in Jesus' promises of being brought to completion. I've been giving in to gluttony anger and the like, and part of it has to do with apathy, I feel. Any tips on how to get out of this rut? Prayer would also be most appreciated.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi. I've been failing in regards to bearing fruit as of late, because of a lack of trust in Jesus' promises of being brought to completion. I've been giving in to gluttony anger and the like, and part of it has to do with apathy, I feel. Any tips on how to get out of this rut? Prayer would also be most appreciated.

Jesus only answers the prayers He send you. People like to make up
their own requests, but this never works. Ask God for the correct
prayers and then He answers them immediately. That should help.

Answered Prayer - Steps 1, 2, 3

Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would I do in such a rut? I guess contemplate the awesomeness of God's love for me, rather than beat myself up.

Maybe I would fast from something for a specific amount of time (caffeine, ice cream, social media) to refocus my thoughts towards Christ and the cross.

Or I might begin a new Bible study in a group or online.

Or I might dedicate myself to a specific amount of time in meditation or silent contemplation per day (five minutes, ten minutes, twenty minutes?).

Maybe I would look for something inspiring and motivating to read, either free online or library or buy a book (I am lying I have no money to buy books or a library membership, I would find it online haha).

Find documentaries or music that motivate and inspire me to commit more to my spiritual path.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Do you regularly attend a church? If you do volunteer to help where ever they need help.
If you don't attend church each Sunday, start.

To deal with gluttony, find and start attending weightwatchers and follow there weight loss programe.
Set your firewall to see you as an 8 yearold girl and ban/stopp everything offencive to an 8 year old girl.

Join a sports club and attend each session, be open about your faith, talking to those at work( try taking a christian book you're reading in to work and leave it where it can be seen, or read it durring lunch.) and in the club and at weight watchers. You will quickly find yourself way out of your depth about Christianity and having to trust Jesus.

Upvote 0