North America
✟18,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could you all pray for me? I struggle greatly with Social Anxiety. I have been battling with it since the 5th grade and now I am 21 about to be 22 next month. It has caused me to start college late. It is very hard. It has improved to say the most. At first, I was not able to go to the store alone or pay for my items by myself. I would have my mother do it because I was terrified. I could not even check out anything at the library because I was so scared. Last year, I took a step of faith and did those things that made me terrified. I remember when I decided to walk to the store myself, my family was freaking out saying that I should not walk by myself because someone could harm me. I told them that I didn't want to live in fear like that. There is a difference between being wise and fearful. I felt so proud of myself when I did that. I want to work on not getting so anxious around others. I feel like I am in a "Fight or Flight" mode. I don't like having the feeling that someone is out to hurt me. It gets worse when I go to the doctor's office. I get so overwhelmed when I get my vitals checked. It is like I am always expecting the worse. I don't like it. I avoided doctors because of that. One doctor was mean to me and that discouraged me to go back. I need to go to make sure my health is okay. I am even tense around my family. I rather just be in my room all day. I feel more at peace when I am alone and not bothered.

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear friend (seeker of truth),

I do not know anything about your Christian walk.

You should understand this God forgives us, of everything we have done in our life and he shows mercy and compassion on every human being on this planet. The Son of God namely the Lord Jesus Christ, paid for all mankind sins, and was risen again by God. Which is a symbol for us to put away our own sinful nature of how we go about life, instead directing ourselves towards the desires of God in living in a new form of life. There is a holy spirit that indwells you as a believer. This spirit is not a spirit of fear. However it is a spirit of power, of love, and self-control (in knowing who you are in Christ - Which is either a son or daughter of God by faith in believing on the Lord Jesus Christ).

You have been having it hard lately due to social anxiety, and life in general because we all have anxiety to some form or degree in the unknown field of life itself, however God can make it a bit more easier if we lean on him instead and we go and pray for all the people we know, and we also pray and talk to him about the things we need help with say be it to help have self-control, to help with anxiety (to not worry about what others think of me God, God remind me of who I am in you, which is a son or a daughter of God), help me to forgive my enemies, help to love them instead and not to hate or be bitter against them.

My encouragement would be for you to trust God, ask him for wisdom on situations and how to handle them, and do not doubt him to help give you wisdom, or to help you by the spirit he provides, because he loves and cares about each of us, and that means you to. His great mercy is what gets people to turn from their darkness into the light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scriptures used:

2 Timothy 1:
6For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.

7For God has not given us a spirit of fear,a but of power, love, and self-control.

8So do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, or of me, His prisoner. Instead, join me in suffering for the gospel by the power of God. 9He has saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works, but by His own purpose and by the grace He granted us in Christ Jesus before time began.b

10And now He has revealed this grace through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has abolished death and illuminated the way to life and immortality through the gospel, 11to which I was appointed as a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher.

Romans 2: 4 Or do you have no regard for the wealth of His kindness and tolerance and patience [in withholding His wrath]? Are you [actually] unaware or ignorant [of the fact] that God’s kindness leads you to repentance [that is, to change your inner self, your old way of thinking—seek His purpose for your life]?

James 1:6 But he must ask [for wisdom] in faith, without doubting [God’s willingness to help], for the one who doubts is like a billowing surge of the sea that is blown about and tossed by the wind.

John 1:12 (Believing on the Son of God) But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the right [the authority, the privilege] to become children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name—

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ [that is, grafted in, joined to Him by faith in Him as Savior], he is a new creature [reborn and renewed by the Holy Spirit]; the old things [the previous moral and spiritual condition] have passed away. Behold, new things have come [because spiritual awakening brings a new life].

1 Timothy 2:1First of all, then, I urge that petitions (specific requests), prayers, intercessions (prayers for others) and thanksgivings be offered on behalf of all people, 2 for kings and all who are in [positions of] high authority, so that we may live a peaceful and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This [kind of praying] is good and acceptable and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who wishes all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge and recognition of the [divine] truth.

1 John 2:1-2. “My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. ... He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.”

My final suggestion would be if you haven’t read the gospels and you can read, start there with Matthew and go onward. Learn about Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, the more you go to him the more peace, and joy that is found.

We as humans can not find joy and peace in anything in the world compared to the Lord Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven.

And all people have stuff they have to work out inside of themselves, and God is here for us to help!

We all have a choice to make, we can or we don’t have to because it makes us feel better that way (I’m guilty of this a lot in life though I know scripture sometimes I’m lazy and my flesh doesn’t wanna read it, but the spirit needs to become stronger.)

God bless and may you find peace, in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,021.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I wonder if there is some underlying trauma in your childhood that is behind all your fear and anxiety. Of course I don't know, but I pray that you will receive healing for that if such is the case.

One way or another I pray you will be led step by step to light and wisdom about your discomfort and receive healing and freedom.

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, thank You for helping this one through her social anxiety. She is not alone, You are with her, every step of the way. Reveal to her where this fear came from and why? Encourage her with her progress and grant her Your help, strength and peace, In Jesus Name, Amen

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

PrincessLDG

Daughter of the King
Jan 15, 2021
North America
✟18,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heavenly Father, thank You for helping this one through her social anxiety. She is not alone, You are with her, every step of the way. Reveal to her where this fear came from and why? Encourage her with her progress and grant her Your help, strength and peace, In Jesus Name, Amen
Thank you for your prayer. God bless you. I am grateful for finding this site.

Upvote 0

believerwithallmyheart

Site Supporter
May 21, 2013
New York
✟77,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I will pray for your recovery, and maybe finding a good doctor. There is a good program for healing anxiety you can look up Midwest Center for Anxiety and Depression. They are excellent (I am not affiliated in any way) Hope this helps.

Upvote 0