New York
✟12,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This is my biggest problem is I don't wait for God to relieve the struggle I've been going through. When I get an intrusive thought that brings me down and when I get panic attacks. I just want to give up and just... break. When will God finally relieve me of anxiety??? I'm loosing faith by the minute...

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This is my biggest problem is I don't wait for God to relieve the struggle I've been going through.

God is Himself the relief for your struggle. The more you are anchored in every way in Him, the more you are surrendered to Him in everything, the deeper you are in His immense love for you, the fainter the struggles become.

God doesn't take away our difficulties; He carries us through them.

When I get an intrusive thought that brings me down and when I get panic attacks.

Interrupt the intrusive thought with God's truth. And keep interrupting the intrusive thought with His truth. Stand on God's truth. Believe, really believe it. And don't be moved off of that truth.

I just want to give up and just... break.

Philippians 4:13
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

When will God finally relieve me of anxiety??? I'm loosing faith by the minute...

You will have to win free of it step by step, just as you took yourself step by step into the shadow of anxiety. But God will bring you free - in time. See above.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thoughts are difficult to stop but can be changed. When you get a thought that's unwanted try occupying your mind with something else. Don't let it cause you to worry as it's normal. What's important is recognizing it's happening. As for God, you should come to him in prayer, reading, and fellowship; these are the ways he helps us.

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is my biggest problem is I don't wait for God to relieve the struggle I've been going through. When I get an intrusive thought that brings me down and when I get panic attacks. I just want to give up and just... break. When will God finally relieve me of anxiety??? I'm loosing faith by the minute...
I have the exact same struggles my friend, but remember God knows you better than you know you and Jesus is our Lord and Savior and it's all about Him. You can message me if you want, God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

Reactions: DavidFirth
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
We all need to strengthen our faith sometimes. I wish my own life was easier, but I suppose I'd rather not be a spiritual weakling.

Upvote 0

Caleb22

Hello
Dec 27, 2017
New York
✟12,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thoughts are difficult to stop but can be changed. When you get a thought that's unwanted try occupying your mind with something else. Don't let it cause you to worry as it's normal. What's important is recognizing it's happening. As for God, you should come to him in prayer, reading, and fellowship; these are the ways he helps us.
But I’m never interested in reading and learning more. I find the Bible hard and boring to read. And too lazy to go out and fellowship.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But I’m never interested in reading and learning more. I find the Bible hard and boring to read. And too lazy to go out and fellowship.

I wasn't usually interested in reading and learning more either. Than I got in the habit of trying to read at least a certain amount. After that I read more if I wanted or felt the need. Today I decided the hour of reading, studying, and thinking plus another hour here was enough for the day. Was somewhat burnt out on it, but now after just one evening/night recently not feeling the need I have that want again. So while it's too late for thoughtful reading and thinking, I decided why not check here.

All I can suggest is try having a minimal amount or time each day, after that it's your choice to commit more or not. You'll be surprise how the habit can catch on fire, sometimes needing a minor break and it's back on again.

Upvote 0