Struggling with patience and newly gained freedom.

frater_domus

Faith is all that matters.
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2018
Berlin
✟186,302.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hm, waiting. Sounds painful, right? Well, that's my issue in a nutshell. It hasn't been too long since I felt like I am ready for a long-term commitment. At first, the answer was to wait. I was also told some of the reasons why. However, the wait message has subsided as I have followed through on some of the major issues that God presented me. Together with it, God granted me a new outlook and thus opened several avenues where I could approach this matter. He loosened my tongue, gave me great calm and a boost in confidence across the board as well as helped me to overcome my rather reclusive traits.

However, two issues came up right after and I wanted to write those down to gain some advice and to put it into words so that I can get a clearer picture myself. As someone who longs for an LTR, gaining this new freedom is hard to handle, because I need to keep myself in check to that I do just jump on any given opportunity, but approach every situation with the mind of Christ, avoid tunnel visioning (a hard learned lesson from a week ago, bless the Lord) and keep my, and I'll be honest, increasing impatience and even desparation in check.
The second issue is the one of patience itself. Without going too much into details: One girl wasn't a good idea when looking from my adopted stance. One happened to have a boyfriend and thus completely out of the question (while I know that a person outside of marriage is still fair game, I do not wish to be the cause of temptation, regret and sorrow, so it is a no-go for me and luckily, God helped me banish any thoughts of advancing after I decided that I would drop it, bless the lord (again)). And one, while I do feel attraction, is hard to get a read on and I get the feeling that it may not be a good idea to begin with. The issue is that my pool of communication is very limited due to med school, which is my main pool to fish in right now (seeing as my church has yet to present an opportunity).

I am not complaining about the selective process, it is necessary. However, it is becoming increasingly difficult to remain patient nd not give in to random impulses, which are becoming worse by the day. I am not talking about sexual impulses, those I can handle surprisingly well. I am referring to that desire to finally get close to someone and start that new chapter in my life. However, rushing these kind of things is rarely a good idea. Any advice on handling that?

Cheers.

• Agree
Reactions: sunshine100

sea5763

May 9, 2018
California
✟59,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm not really one to talk as I struggle with wanting to find someone to marry some day. However, something important to remember is that you should be careful who you marry because if you are not careful you might marry someone that is mean to you and abusive and treats you like garbage, so that is why you should not rush it. I keep feeling this sense of panic about it because I'm already 28 and I know that everyone is getting married at this age and have very little dating experience so I also feel desperate sometimes. I'm planning to wait until after I start the job I have lined up after graduation and after passing the CPA exam, because I think I need to get my life together before seeking out a husband.

• Agree
Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0