• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Struggling with partial impotence

Ivan57

Feb 1, 2018
California
✟26,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I’m Ivan. I’m a 21 year old male. My whole life I have never felt much pleasure in my genitals, and have only masturbated once in my life out of curiosity when I was a teen. It was so underwhelming I’ve never done it again (I struggle with lust a lot but not masturbation, which I know sounds weird). Since 4 months ago, I have developed some mild curvature and random pain out of nowhere in my penis. It’s random pain that comes ever now and then and throbs, not that strong by more than a nuisance. I went to a urologist and they found nothing and told me sometimes things tweak out and need time to heal. Things have gotten slowly better but I feel even more numb down there and have weaker erections now.

What worries me is that I have a strong desire to marry, but I am so afraid to date because of my lack of pleasure/partial impotence. Marriage isn’t about sex, but it is a unique and important component of it. I fear bringing a Christian woman a love life of frustration due to the pleasure being heavily one sided from my partial impotence (half the time it’s hard for me to maintain an erection. I’m not sexually active or have ever had sex but just random erections fade easily). I do have a strong sex drive and if I do marry one day I want to satisfy her and will find great pleasure in fulfilling her needs, but if she tries to do the same to me physically it will be very difficult.

I came here to ask, am I still able to seek marriage even with this disability? If so, at what point in a relationship and how do I bring this up to a girl? I desire marriage and want that intimate companionship with a Christian girl one day, but I feel so inadequate and not a real man to be a husband. I don’t know what to do :(