Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey all! I hope the Lord is good to you this fine day!

I consider myself to be a steady Christian. I've struggled with assurance in the past, but I have no fear of hell or death, as I am convinced of where I'm going once I pass on. But lately I've been struggling with experiencing joy here on earth.
Allow me to clarify.
I was recently confirmed into the Anglican Church, and ever since I've been having serious spiritual attacks, attempting to make me feel unhappy and afraid of everything. At the same time, I find solace in this, knowing that an unsaved person wouldn't experience these things. But lately as I've been growing, I've been finding less joy in life, knowing that this earth is only a shadow of things to come.
Does anybody have any suggestions for and Bible passages to read, or other actions to take to get me out of this spiritual funk!? I understand that this is normal, and that all Christians go through this, but I'm pretty depressed and I want to be happy again.

NOTE: I am fervent in prayer and read the Bible daily. I'm not deficient in either.

Regards,
Daftendirekt

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey all! I hope the Lord is good to you this fine day!

I consider myself to be a steady Christian. I've struggled with assurance in the past, but I have no fear of hell or death, as I am convinced of where I'm going once I pass on. But lately I've been struggling with experiencing joy here on earth.
Allow me to clarify.
I was recently confirmed into the Anglican Church, and ever since I've been having serious spiritual attacks, attempting to make me feel unhappy and afraid of everything. At the same time, I find solace in this, knowing that an unsaved person wouldn't experience these things. But lately as I've been growing, I've been finding less joy in life, knowing that this earth is only a shadow of things to come.
Does anybody have any suggestions for and Bible passages to read, or other actions to take to get me out of this spiritual funk!? I understand that this is normal, and that all Christians go through this, but I'm pretty depressed and I want to be happy again.

NOTE: I am fervent in prayer and read the Bible daily. I'm not deficient in either.

Regards,
Daftendirekt
Just remember how loved you are by Jesus and that He can give you joy. God loves you and Jesus is Lord.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

DUE TO MULTIPLE RULE VIOLATIONS

241634_a435e7c864cf3d1d54069d68f79ef38b_thumb.jpg

PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE STATEMENT OF PURPOSE FOR EACH FORUM BEFORE POSTING IN EACH FORUM.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.