Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
As I've gotten older and my health has began to fail I've began to really struggle with the concept of death.

I know as Christians we believe in the resurrection from the dead but lately I have found myself really fearing death.

Are there any words of encouragement or scriptures you can share to help me cope with this?

Thank you,
John

Jesus swallowed death (Isaiah25:8,9). Ask Jesus how to be exempted from death. He will teach you. Mark 9:23, Mathew17:20.

Reactions: Jenniferdiana
Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Death for the Christian is a wonderful release from this place,its not about wanting death because death is not something anyone wants,but it is the way God has provided to be free forever....when I think about it I think about all the things I will be freed from when that time comes never to have to deal with again....just how I see it.

Reactions: John Davidson
Upvote 0

michael soh

Dec 21, 2016
malaysia
✟15,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I've gotten older and my health has began to fail I've began to really struggle with the concept of death.

I know as Christians we believe in the resurrection from the dead but lately I have found myself really fearing death.

Are there any words of encouragement or scriptures you can share to help me cope with this?

Thank you,
John
John be of good courage. They is hope in His word. They is no need to fear death. Because He took away the power of grave. He destroy death. Now you need to focus in getting your body back to shape. Get a body like Christ by meditating on Rom 8;11
Slide2.PNG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HittitesA-muk

Aug 28, 2016
Canada
✟10,128.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Death for the Christian is a wonderful release from this place,its not about wanting death because death is not something anyone wants,but it is the way God has provided to be free forever....when I think about it I think about all the things I will be freed from when that time comes never to have to deal with again....just how I see it.
hi When we dont die that is when we are strong wink wink . I imagine Paul saying that to all the churches across the known world .

Upvote 0

michael soh

Dec 21, 2016
malaysia
✟15,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Slide59.PNG
Yet Paul still died,it is appointed unto all of us and how we deal with it matters,if we say we have faith then this is where the rubber meets the road.

Heb9:27...appointed to die once. But that appointment is taken up by Jesus already. He kept that appointment for us. We no longer have to attend that appointment anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Heb9:27...appointed to die once. But that appointment is taken up by Jesus already. He kept that appointment for us. We no longer have to attend that appointment anymore.
There is a difference between physical death and spiritual death. We will all go through physical death. And for many of us, there is a lot of anxiety around that. I think the OP has some anxiety, and telling someone not to have it is counter-productive...it makes them more anxious. And telling someone to believe they will not have a physical death is a lie - and it is like telling them that they just don't have enough faith. Even men of great faith, like Paul, die.

Reactions: Poppyseed78
Upvote 0

paul becke

Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,184.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Yet Paul still died,it is appointed unto all of us and how we deal with it matters,if we say we have faith then this is where the rubber meets the road.

'I am the resurrection and the life ; he who believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die.'

'... he who believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live'. With this second statement, he is explaining the third statement, i.e. that the spirit is unaffected by the death of the physical body. In fact, as some of the entirely plausible NDE's indicate (not all are, of course), for the children of light, death liberates the spirit form the current body, stricken by Original Sin.

The reason Jesus expressed it in such a paradoxical way may be because he did not wish to imply that the life we currently lead is a sham : we are alive, and our body will be glorified one day, together with our spirit. But then he moves on to refer to the fulness of life the children of light will enjoy, after they die, are reunited with their then glorified body, and are welcomed into the courts of eternity. I don't mean that NDEers experience restoration of their body.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All i said or claimed is that we die.....and we do,and how deal with it says a lot about our faith,how can we tell others about the kingdom of God or heaven then react in the same fear and hoplessness as the rest of the world when our time comes to go there.

Upvote 0

michael soh

Dec 21, 2016
malaysia
✟15,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is a difference between physical death and spiritual death. We will all go through physical death. And for many of us, there is a lot of anxiety around that. I think the OP has some anxiety, and telling someone not to have it is counter-productive...it makes them more anxious. And telling someone to believe they will not have a physical death is a lie - and it is like telling them that they just don't have enough faith. Even men of great faith, like Paul, die.

Enoch, Elijah and probably John the Apostle did not experience death. Jesus death at the cross is greater than Adam's sin in the garden of Eden. He fixed death at the cross. He cried out "it is finished" means death is also dealt with totally in this world.

Sad that we take the view that He did not fix death at all in this world. He has to come back to fix it. He has to vacate His right seat to the Father and come down to fix death himself instead of The Father putting all enemies at His footstool.

Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels has He ever said, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET"?

Luke 20:23 "UNTIL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES A FOOTSTOOL FOR YOUR FEET."'

Upvote 0

michael soh

Dec 21, 2016
malaysia
✟15,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All i said or claimed is that we die.....and we do,and how deal with it says a lot about our faith,how can we tell others about the kingdom of God or heaven then react in the same fear and hoplessness as the rest of the world when our time comes to go there.

We need to believe Joh 11:26 and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?"

Wi believing we will perish (John 3:15 Greek Bible) and if we believe, we will not perish (John 3:16 Greek Bible)

Upvote 0