John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Isaiah 43 is speaking of the certain hope of the Lord being with someone who is passing through the waters, sometimes symbolic of death.

The passages were offered in the hope that they would be helpful, but we all need to search the Scriptures for ourselves.

Yeah, I'm sorry but I'm just not seeing the connection.

Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi John,
I am sorry you are struggling so. I just want to say though, that it is totally normal for you to be afraid of dying and have fear/anxiety around it. Don't think that there is something odd with you for feeling that way. Even Jesus was very anxious/upset before going through the cross, and He knew exactly what was on the other side. Its very normal, heck this life here is all we currently have experience with.

I know I've been struggling some with this too since my husband had some pretty rough medical issues this past year. Its tough.

*Hugs* You are a Christian, and you have been saved, so you are going to the right place. I know its real tough to have just head knowledge and still feel afraid anyways. I get this too. Like I know I'm going to go to heaven, but it scares me too just like you, the whole how/what/when of it. I think most people when you get down to it, would admit to being afraid too, perfectly normal.

Prayers for you that you gain some peace on this, and that God helps you not feel so afraid. Hang in there, no matter what it *will* end up okay.

Reactions: John Davidson
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi John,
I am sorry you are struggling so. I just want to say though, that it is totally normal for you to be afraid of dying and have fear/anxiety around it. Don't think that there is something odd with you for feeling that way. Even Jesus was very anxious/upset before going through the cross, and He knew exactly what was on the other side. Its very normal, heck this life here is all we currently have experience with.

I know I've been struggling some with this too since my husband had some pretty rough medical issues this past year. Its tough.

*Hugs* You are a Christian, and you have been saved, so you are going to the right place. I know its real tough to have just head knowledge and still feel afraid anyways. I get this too. Like I know I'm going to go to heaven, but it scares me too just like you, the whole how/what/when of it. I think most people when you get down to it, would admit to being afraid too, perfectly normal.

Prayers for you that you gain some peace on this, and that God helps you not feel so afraid. Hang in there, no matter what it *will* end up okay.

Hi Galadriel,
Thank you for the kind and enlightening words. I have really been struggling lately. My blood pressure is still really high sometimes even though I am on 3 medications. I am now also having a problem with my eyes. The blood vessels in my eyes are now becoming visible so now I have red veins all over in my eyes. I am afraid that I may lose my vision. But I am trying to trust Christ. Thanks again for your post.

Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi John, I am so sorry you are struggling so. Have the doctors given any indication as to what your condition could be? It sounds like something more than just high blood pressure.

Have you ever read any books by Joni Eareckson Tada? Some of themy have helped me a lot getting through with my husband being sick and my fears and anxieties about that. The author is a quadriplegic and a very good writer about some of the real tough topics like suffering and sickness. Hang in there John, keep on keeping us updated.

Reactions: John Davidson
Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi John, I am so sorry you are struggling so. Have the doctors given any indication as to what your condition could be? It sounds like something more than just high blood pressure.

Have you ever read any books by Joni Eareckson Tada? Some of themy have helped me a lot getting through with my husband being sick and my fears and anxieties about that. The author is a quadriplegic and a very good writer about some of the real tough topics like suffering and sickness. Hang in there John, keep on keeping us updated.

The doctors really don't know what all is wrong with me.

I have heard Joni on the radio.

Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah, that is tough when the docs can't figure it out. I am sorry. I know it's hard to not give up, my husband went years before they finally figured it out (porphyria). It's also tough because medical bills can pile up real quick, I know. This may sound like an odd question but is your urine ever dark colored (like coca cola)?

Upvote 0

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ah, that is tough when the docs can't figure it out. I am sorry. I know it's hard to not give up, my husband went years before they finally figured it out (porphyria). It's also tough because medical bills can pile up real quick, I know. This may sound like an odd question but is your urine ever dark colored (like coca cola)?

No, my urine is normal.

What I am suffering from is hypertension, spasms, and now eye problems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I eat mostly fruits and vegetables already.
Have you considered juicing or green smoothies? Vitamins? Those are great ways to help support your body. I've been doing that for almost 6 months and am seeing slow progress in how I feel. It's worth a shot. I'm a big believer in nutrition and eating as many fresh foods as possible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

John Davidson

Apr 6, 2016
United States
✟20,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you considered juicing or green smoothies? Vitamins? Those are great ways to help support your body. I've been doing that for almost 6 months and am seeing slow progress in how I feel. It's worth a shot. I'm a big believer in nutrition and eating as many fresh foods as possible.

I do drink carrot juice every day. I also take vitamins. My diet is very healthy.

Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I do drink carrot juice every day. I also take vitamins. My diet is very healthy.
Good. Keep doing it, it may take time but you have to see results. I've read stories of people healing severe Lupus with diet to cancer. Anything is possible.

There is a verse that has gotten me through scary health times.

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is my strength and my portion forever."

My health may fail, but God is my strength forever.

I'm not saying that what I am going through is worse than yours (I say this just as encouragement). I am 22 and have been experiencing autoimmune disease symptoms since December and have yet to get a proper diagnosis. I am scared of my future, but I know in the back of my mind God is with me, and He will help me get through whatever comes my way, whether it is getting strength to clean the house or witnessing to someone for Him. Life can be good no matter how we feel, we have to stay strong.

Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0