Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I had some vain hope that there was some hope in theses dark times.

It seems not.

only because you have set what you want as the standard for having that hope. it doesn’t work that way.

Reactions: Justin-H.S.
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,173.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I had some vain hope that there was some hope in theses dark times.

It seems not.
There has never been a time when the Church was not under attack. Where would you have gone when the Church was being poisoned by any of the terrible heresies throughout history? Had you lived in those times you would have been moaning the same as now.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There has never been a time when the Church was not under attack. Where would you have gone when the Church was being poisoned by any of the terrible heresies throughout history? Had you lived in those times you would have been moaning the same as now.

that’s how you know it’s true. Satan hates the Church, so he constantly attacks it.

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The true church, as has been said, has always been under satanic attack. And even in times of horrific persecution, it has had the strength to survive because of its 'secret' weapon - the known cure for mankind, which is deification, whereby the old nature is done away with and man can achieve what he was made for - union with Christ, as the temple of God and that a man who is walking in the Spirit, has an ear with God due to his pure heart and clean hands. No foe is strong enough for that.

However, nowadays, the enemy is within the church, and this doctrine has been done away with or replaced with a false one which says sanctification is gradual. Hint! You never get there!

It is the reason why satan has been able to overcome the true church.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The true church, as has been said, has always been under satanic attack. And even in times of horrific persecution, it has had the strength to survive because of its 'secret' weapon - the known cure for mankind, which is deification, whereby the old nature is done away with and man can achieve what he was made for - union with Christ, as the temple of God and that a man who is walking in the Spirit, has an ear with God due to his pure heart and clean hands. No foe is strong enough for that.

However, nowadays, the enemy is within the church, and this doctrine has been done away with or replaced with a false one which says sanctification is gradual. Hint! You never get there!

“And the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it.”

It is Holy Friday, so I suggest a pause today. ☦️

Today He who hung the earth upon the waters is hung on the tree,
The King of the angels is decked with a crown of thorns.
He who wraps the heavens in clouds is wrapped in the purple of mockery.
He who freed Adam in the Jordan is slapped on the face.
The Bridegroom of the Church is affixed to the Cross with nails.
The Son of the virgin is pierced by a spear.
We worship Thy passion, O Christ.
Show us also Thy glorious resurrection.

(Holy Friday’s 15th Antiphon)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

again, this is just not what history shows at all. you are just saying stuff with no evidence to back it up.

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

So long as someone somewhere speaks the truth. Does anyone listen?

It must be the Faith that was handed down from the apostles, and that is Faith in Paul's doctrine of deification.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

So long as someone somewhere speaks the truth. Does anyone listen?

It must be the Faith that was handed down from the apostles, and that is Faith in Paul's doctrine of deification.

and what does St Paul say?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Thess 2:10Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:

But we are not like Protestants who argue about verses are we not? To the holy all things are holy, to the unjust, unholy.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
1 Thess 2:10Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:

But we are not like Protestants who argue about verses are we not? To the holy all things are holy, to the unjust, unholy.

no we’re not like Protestants, but if you are going to make a claim, you should be able to back it up.

that said, that verse doesn’t support what you are saying and St Paul says other stuff.

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are standing on holy ground, so I won't stick around to see the debacle of an Orthodox priest, deny his whole heritage, nor will it honour the men and women through history who have died defending this cause.

I advise you to fast and beg God mercy that He will reveal the truth to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We are standing on holy ground, so I won't stick around to see the debacle of an Orthodox priest, deny his whole heritage, nor will it honour the men and women through history who have died defending this cause.

I advise you to fast and beg God mercy that He will reveal the truth to you.

oh, you needn’t worry about me, methinks. if you think vague assertions with nothing of substance to support them will lead to the debacle of someone like me, that’s not really my problem. if you think that I am denying my heritage when I referenced St Justin Martyr, that’s also not my problem.

and I do fast and pray that God illumines me to the Truth.

Upvote 0