Feb 25, 2022
✟19,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am new here so please bear with me if I am not in the correct thread.

I am struggling with my faith. I am literally terrified of what is happening in our world today. I tend to go through these ebbs and tides with my faith, usually when there is something going on in the world that scares me or something happening in my life is when I turn to the bible and prayer. Then after things "calm down" I tend to falter off. Do I turn to the bible and prayer because I want to "get right with God before it's too late???"

I have doubts, I have questions, I have feelings of do I really believe or do I believe because it's what I know I need to believe to get into heaven and because I've been taught and told since childhood that's what you need to do to be saved. I'm scared to death that I won't go to heaven............

I don't want to falter off again, I want to know that I'm walking with Christ, I want to feel his presence, know he's with me, I want my mind and heart to be open to hearing and understanding him. I don't want to live in fear for myself or my children or my grandchildren any longer :-(

Thanks for reading.....

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I am struggling with my faith. I am literally terrified of what is happening in our world today. I tend to go through these ebbs and tides with my faith, usually when there is something going on in the world that scares me or something happening in my life is when I turn to the bible and prayer. Then after things "calm down" I tend to falter off. Do I turn to the bible and prayer because I want to "get right with God before it's too late???"

I have doubts, I have questions, I have feelings of do I really believe or do I believe because it's what I know I need to believe to get into heaven and because I've been taught and told since childhood that's what you need to do to be saved. I'm scared to death that I won't go to heaven............

I don't want to falter off again, I want to know that I'm walking with Christ, I want to feel his presence, know he's with me, I want my mind and heart to be open to hearing and understanding him. I don't want to live in fear for myself or my children or my grandchildren any longer :-(

Thanks for reading.....
Welcome. I hope you find friends here while seeking Him earnestly. Your doubts may just be unanswered questions or bad theology regardless, we can certainly help! God knows your heart and if you love Him He will lead you to all truth through His Holy Spirit.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." I John 1

I can relate to your OP. Found God's Word really helps even when I wasn't into it that day. Read it anyway and selected some verses such as:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matt 11:28-29

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee:
be not dismayed; for I am thy God:
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee;
yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Isa 41:10

"It is the Lord who goes before you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or abandon you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Deu 31:8

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Mammie5
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."

Hi..you know how a friend might say "hey did you hear John so and so said?" We say "John so and so?" no way am I going to believe that. Then they say "but Sue so and so said" to that we say "Sue so and so said? Ok I believe it now". :)

Faith comes by hearing hearing by the word of God. If GOD said it.. God will do it period. No matter what we see hear or feel. They say there are over 7000 promises in Gods word. See its not how you see your self ..how does your Father who is GOD..how does He see you right now? He sees you through what Christ has already done. He sees you holy and righteous (Righteousness, right standing with God". Why? Because you believe in His son. Jesus who only spoke what the Father said.. if you believe in Him that sent him.. and you believe John 3:16/Rom 10 9-10 you ARE His. You are in Christs hands and His are in the Fathers.

Again we see how we miss it and sin yet Christ died for the sin of the world. Paul was talking to some Jews that believed in Jesus Christ. When they sinned they would try to go back and offer a sacrifice for that sin. Paul told them.. there is no more sacrifice for that sin. Can Christ die again? By them doing that it put Christ to open shame. He said its no longer I that sin but sin that is in me. You put on the new man which after God is created in Righteousness and true holiness. Something NEW was created in you. When I was in Collage listening to the radio .. haha no internet back then no cell phones. This preacher said "I don't think anyone has sinned fallen as much as me. You get up dust off keep going.". We repent knowing Hes faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleans us from all unrighteousness.

So what do you do? haha should have just said this huh.. KNOW He loves you.. DON'T look at what you did or do..that is NOT why He loves you. Go back and read the book of John :) He said.. if you believe in Him..your not judged your not condemned. Yeah He loves you..your the reason He came. We can't grasp that. We see BILLIONS yet you are the reason He came. Luke 11 13 read it and just do what HE said :) You are born from above (Born again). He will never leave you nor forsake you. He said my sheep know my voice/hear it the voice of a stranger they will not follow. So I can not say I don't hear Him.. He said my sheep know my voice/hear.

We are told to put on the whole armor of God.. and take the sword .. whats thats sword? The word of GOD! So when say fear pops up.. I say NO its written God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind. See you HAVE the joy of the lord.. you ARE strong in the power of His might. You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthen you. ALl things are possible to them that believe. Peter and John after praying for this man who got up and walked away told them watching "why look at us as if we did this by our own power? Its FAITH IN THAT NAME". That name YOU were given. Doubt is not of God.. fear is not of God.. they are of the enemy that just tries to steal your faith. So fight back with what GOD said in His word. Find a verse for what ever problem it is.

Again.. no matter what you did or doing or will do. He LOVES YOU! He is WITH YOU.. He is IN YOU! You ARE His! He said I didn't come to judge you.. didn't come to condemn you. I came to save you. Guess what? HE DID IT! You are forever HIS! So.. get up dust of (repent if needed) and keep going know your GOD who is IN YOU ....oh you are SO LOVED! Ask Him to open your eyes when you read the word of God. See you ask and then never give it a second thought.. you just KNOW He will. You don't put Him on some time clock.. He will open your eyes. Verses will now just jump out, pop out.. its HIM talking. He talks to us SO many different ways..and ALWAYS in us.. to our spirit. No writer here or speaker so forgive me...not here to offend.

So just trust have faith you are loved you are saved you are in right standing with Him. If we are doing something we shouldnt.. then we just stop.. ask Him to help if we can't. He is ALWAYS for you. He is NOT like man. He said He loves you. Faith.if your Father said it.. no matter what it looks like no matter how bright or dark it is.. GOD WILL ALWAYS KEEP HIS WORD! haha like the song playing "put your trust in HIM". What are the odds that played just as I am talking about trust.. so rejoice.. you are saved you are HIs you are loved.. its His mercy His grace.. He not us HE DID IT ALL..for us.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am struggling with my faith. I am literally terrified of what is happening in our world today.

Are you able to rationally explain why what is happening in the world is terrifing?
Yes Putin is invading the ukraine. So.
What is the worst that can happen? There is an exchange of nuclear missiles and civilisaton is blown to pieces.
How will you deal with that? Well mainly by being dead, but if you are not dead or dying, you will have no choice but to get by.

My advice, if the events in the world scare you is to stop watching the news.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Thanks for reading.....
Hi Mammie5.
God's Word and experience teach us that God uses our fears and weaknesses to draw us closer to him. Poet and hymn writer, William Cooper learned this very well. Here is a sample of his work put to music.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks for reading.....
Beloved one, you are struggling because you have not received rest that Jesus gave. So come to Him.

Beloved one, you won’t struggle with your faith if you have obtained faith.

This is what we have heard:
“Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
‭‭II Peter‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So beloved one, obtain faith by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Beloved one, I heard that you are literally terrified of what is happening in our world today.

Beloved one, have you perceived God’s good will ? This is what we have heard:

““Glory to God in the highest,
And on earth peace, GOODWILL toward men!””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭2:14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved ones, there is goodwill of God towards men.

And this is what we have heard:

“But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,

even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive TOGETHER with Christ (by grace we have been saved),

and raised us up TOGETHER, and made us sit TOGETHER in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2:4-7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Let our hearts perceive and understand God TOGETHER WITH US and IN US, that is His good will towards us.

Beloved one, so there is no need for you to be terrified literally of what is happening in our world today, for God is with us and in us.

Beloved one, hear what Jesus Himself said:
“But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭21:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Beloved one, let us heed what Jesus said not to be terrified, for the end is not by Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And the end is not by great earthquakes in diverse places, the end is not by famines, and the end is not by pestilences;
and the end is not by fearful sights and the end is not by great signs there be from heaven.

Beloved one, let us hear again what Jesus said:
““But take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts be weighed down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that Day come on you unexpectedly.

For it will come as a snare on all those who dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.””

‭‭Luke‬ ‭21:34-36‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved one, let our hearts not be weighed down by carousing, drunkenness and cares of this life. And so let us heed what Jesus said and pray.

Beloved one, you are concerned that you falter because of fearfulness and trembling that came upon you, and horror that overwhelmed you.

Beloved one, have courage in the Lord and be still before God, that shall separate you from fearfulness and trembling.

And have delight in the Lord, that shall unmoved you from horror that overwhelmed you.

Beloved one, those who have doubts, their hearts and minds unwilling to be persuaded by the truth so they can’t be set free from fears. So don’t be in doubts, but be willing to be persuaded by the truth, that is, by Jesus.

Beloved one, it is okay to have questions or to have concerns something that you don’t fully understand but don’t be in doubt or unbelief.

Yes,beloved one, I heard you have question whether you will get to heaven. Have you received the grace of repentance? Have you believed in the gospel ?Remember what our Lord have said:
and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel." -Mark 1:15

Beloved one, receiving the grace of repentance and believing in the gospel bring us near to the kingdom of God. So beloved one, if you don’t be scared to death, embrace the Lord’s love, that is, His grace of repentance and believe in His gospel of peace.

Beloved one, pray for a broken and contrite heart:

Dear Lord Jesus,
I am asking You
for the greatest gift I could ever have:
the gift of a broken and contrite heart,
the grace of tears.

Send me the Spirit of truth
and help me to see
the depths of my sins
in Your all-revealing light.

Convict me by Your Word.
Let it be the standard
for my thoughts and words,
for what I do and refrain from doing,
for my work and Christian service.

Keep me from
applying my own cheap standards.

Help me to commit to
the standard of the Sermon on the Mount.

I want to see myself as You see me
and to judge myself as You would judge me one day if I had not repented of my sin.

Through Your Holy Spirit
help me to discern
Your loving admonition in everything
that happens to me,
especially in Your discipline.

And give me the grace
to respond willingly.

Hear my prayers
and grant me a broken and contrite heart —- not satisfied with self, nor sure of my own rightness.

Give me
tears for my sins
and joy for Your forgiveness.

Thank You, Lord,
for I know You will hear my prayer.
Nothing brings You more joy than
seeing a sinner repent.
Thank You that our tears of repentance
are precious to You.
I am not going to focus
on my hard and unrepentant heart
but look to You, Lord Jesus.

You came to destroy
all self righteousness
and hardness of heart.

By redemption
You won for me a new heart
that is soft and humble.

Help me to persevere
in prayer and faith
until my stony heart is melted
and I am able to weep over
what I have done to You and to others.

Give me the grace of tears
for my sinful attitudes:
my lack of mercy, my harshness
and unkindness, my gossiping,
my envy and jealousy,
my untruthfulness,
my over attachment to
people and possessions.
Turn my life around completely.

Thank You, Lord.
You create new things out of nothing.
And so I ask You to create in me
the repentance I lack.

Let the grace of repentance
well up in newness of life
and love for You,
transforming me from the inside out.

I long to honor You
with a life reflecting
the joy of forgiveness,
as a sinner saved by grace.

Make me ready
for the Marriage Feast of the Lamb of God.
Amen.

Beloved one, if you want to walk with Jesus Christ, set your mind on the things of the Spirit. For we heard:

“For those who identify with their old nature set their minds on the things of the old nature, but those who identify with the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. Having one’s mind controlled by the old nature is death, but having one’s mind controlled by the Spirit is life and shalom.
‭‭Romans (Rom)‬ ‭8:5-6‬ ‭CJB‬‬

So beloved one, have you understood how to set your minds on the things of the Spirit?This is what our Lord taught us:
“It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are Spirit, and they are life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:63‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So beloved one, if we set our minds on the things of the words that Christ speak to us, we have set our minds on the things of the Spirit.

Beloved one, I understand you want to feel or sense His presence. So where is God’s presence ? Didn’t the Samaritan woman have asked Jesus this very thing, that you asked ?
This is what Jesus answered in John 4:21-24
Beloved one, I would like to direct you just to verse 24, that we heard:
God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." -John 4:24

Beloved one, we can sense the Lord’s presence if we abide in truth, that is, if we abide in the truth of His words and in the the Spirit of His words, for God is Spirit.

So Beloved one, receive the truth of His words in your heart (or your spirit ), your spirit will perceive and understand, that you hear the grace of God in truth or the love of God in truth or the truth of His love that He have spoken to you.

Beloved one, if you don’t want yourself or children or grandchildren to live in fear, pray for them and yourself through the love of Christ.

Beloved one, pray:
Abba
I am praying for my children and my grandchildren . I am not praying for the world but for those whom You have given me, for they are yours. Amen

Beloved one, but before you pray this prayer, remember what Jesus our Lord said in Mark 11:22-25 and do what He said, that is, to release forgiveness to do those who wronged you, that He may hear your prayer.

May God’s peace be with you.
To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ. Amen

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mammie5

Feb 25, 2022
✟19,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."

Hi..you know how a friend might say "hey did you hear John so and so said?" We say "John so and so?" no way am I going to believe that. Then they say "but Sue so and so said" to that we say "Sue so and so said? Ok I believe it now". :)

Faith comes by hearing hearing by the word of God. If GOD said it.. God will do it period. No matter what we see hear or feel. They say there are over 7000 promises in Gods word. See its not how you see your self ..how does your Father who is GOD..how does He see you right now? He sees you through what Christ has already done. He sees you holy and righteous (Righteousness, right standing with God". Why? Because you believe in His son. Jesus who only spoke what the Father said.. if you believe in Him that sent him.. and you believe John 3:16/Rom 10 9-10 you ARE His. You are in Christs hands and His are in the Fathers.

Again we see how we miss it and sin yet Christ died for the sin of the world. Paul was talking to some Jews that believed in Jesus Christ. When they sinned they would try to go back and offer a sacrifice for that sin. Paul told them.. there is no more sacrifice for that sin. Can Christ die again? By them doing that it put Christ to open shame. He said its no longer I that sin but sin that is in me. You put on the new man which after God is created in Righteousness and true holiness. Something NEW was created in you. When I was in Collage listening to the radio .. haha no internet back then no cell phones. This preacher said "I don't think anyone has sinned fallen as much as me. You get up dust off keep going.". We repent knowing Hes faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleans us from all unrighteousness.

So what do you do? haha should have just said this huh.. KNOW He loves you.. DON'T look at what you did or do..that is NOT why He loves you. Go back and read the book of John :) He said.. if you believe in Him..your not judged your not condemned. Yeah He loves you..your the reason He came. We can't grasp that. We see BILLIONS yet you are the reason He came. Luke 11 13 read it and just do what HE said :) You are born from above (Born again). He will never leave you nor forsake you. He said my sheep know my voice/hear it the voice of a stranger they will not follow. So I can not say I don't hear Him.. He said my sheep know my voice/hear.

We are told to put on the whole armor of God.. and take the sword .. whats thats sword? The word of GOD! So when say fear pops up.. I say NO its written God has not given me the spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind. See you HAVE the joy of the lord.. you ARE strong in the power of His might. You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthen you. ALl things are possible to them that believe. Peter and John after praying for this man who got up and walked away told them watching "why look at us as if we did this by our own power? Its FAITH IN THAT NAME". That name YOU were given. Doubt is not of God.. fear is not of God.. they are of the enemy that just tries to steal your faith. So fight back with what GOD said in His word. Find a verse for what ever problem it is.

Again.. no matter what you did or doing or will do. He LOVES YOU! He is WITH YOU.. He is IN YOU! You ARE His! He said I didn't come to judge you.. didn't come to condemn you. I came to save you. Guess what? HE DID IT! You are forever HIS! So.. get up dust of (repent if needed) and keep going know your GOD who is IN YOU ....oh you are SO LOVED! Ask Him to open your eyes when you read the word of God. See you ask and then never give it a second thought.. you just KNOW He will. You don't put Him on some time clock.. He will open your eyes. Verses will now just jump out, pop out.. its HIM talking. He talks to us SO many different ways..and ALWAYS in us.. to our spirit. No writer here or speaker so forgive me...not here to offend.

So just trust have faith you are loved you are saved you are in right standing with Him. If we are doing something we shouldnt.. then we just stop.. ask Him to help if we can't. He is ALWAYS for you. He is NOT like man. He said He loves you. Faith.if your Father said it.. no matter what it looks like no matter how bright or dark it is.. GOD WILL ALWAYS KEEP HIS WORD! haha like the song playing "put your trust in HIM". What are the odds that played just as I am talking about trust.. so rejoice.. you are saved you are HIs you are loved.. its His mercy His grace.. He not us HE DID IT ALL..for us.

Thank you!!! Your post was very moving and helpful!!

Upvote 0

Mammie5

Feb 25, 2022
✟19,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you able to rationally explain why what is happening in the world is terrifing?
Yes Putin is invading the ukraine. So.
What is the worst that can happen? There is an exchange of nuclear missiles and civilisaton is blown to pieces.
How will you deal with that? Well mainly by being dead, but if you are not dead or dying, you will have no choice but to get by.

My advice, if the events in the world scare you is to stop watching the news.

Thank you for your reply, I do wish it were that easy :-(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jd01

Dec 12, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟3,330.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

Thanks for reading.....

Maybe I can help? What questions do you have?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟686,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thanks for reading.....

With national and world events being what they are, it's perfectly normal to feel on edge and worried, even angry at times.

For my own peace of mind I limit news and political discussion more now, and that's allowing me to feel more peaceful all the time, and so when I do enter discussion I'm less apt to feel upset or worried again.

That said, we should pray and practice faith all the time, but it's also a fact of life that when life is good God isn't always at the forefront of our minds... That's normal.

To combat that try getting into an actual routine you follow. Wake up 30 minutes early every day and devote that extra time to Bible study and prayer. Habits, once you get into them, just become a part of life and something you look forward to. So schedule the time with God and matters of faith and in a few years it will be just another positive part of your day.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mink61

Aug 27, 2019
Las Vegas
✟32,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed

Thanks for reading.....
Hi Mammie

I'm relatively new here, too. I'm also Catholic but don't worry...I'm not going to preach to you about Purgatory, lol!

I went to a priest for Confession a few years ago. Confessed the same thing. He told me that sometimes his faith 'slips' and that he has 'doubts'. I was surprised to hear that...from a priest! But he also assured me that we're all human, and that it's only human do 'doubt' occasionally.

Since each one of us is unique, we can only throw out suggestions that may help. For me, it helps to THANK GOD for getting me through the night...before even getting out of bed. Yes, I read the bible during the day (not in one sitting). But even reading it for 5-10 minutes is a good start. The point is, to try to make it a daily habit.

Something else that has helped me is to have an ongoing dialogue with Jesus. Yes, for some, it sounds 'crazy'. But it's something I do every day. Not ALL day every day, but still...every day.

Oh...one more thing...you can ask God daily to make you a blessing to someone else. It's a prayer that's always answered, and it DOES help to take your worries off of ourselves. The 'blessing' doesn't have to be big. Can be as small as opening a door for someone with a smile...offering to walk the neighbor's dog...reaching down to pick something up for someone that they dropped...

If you feel yourself slipping, TELL HIM. Believe me, he understands...

...and is a lot more merciful than we can even imagine!

Upvote 0

Mammie5

Feb 25, 2022
✟19,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I can help? What questions do you have?

Why can't I accept that I am saved?
Why do I doubt it? Because I haven't had a "turning point" or an "I remember the exact day and time Jesus spoke to me" moment?
Why do I drift away when things are good and run to Jesus and the Bible during troubling times for comfort?
Why can't I be happy in my salvation as others are?
Why can't I know that something is from God or the Holy Spirit?
I literally get consumed and depressed and cry thinking about it.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your reply, I do wish it were that easy :-(

Sorry but I didn't say it was easy.

Sometimes we have to concentrate on putting one foot in front in of the other foot.
To take each day as it comes, planing and hopping for the future, but leaving the future in Gods hands.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,442.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mammie5 We're to take every thought captive (II Cor 10:5). That means when the doubts come iimmediately focus on Scripture, the truth, such as "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (Rom 10:9) Encourage you to locate some favorite Scripture and say them when doubts come. Repeat as needed.

It will be difficult then it will get easier and easier. When we follow what Scripture says, it's for our benefit.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved one, come to Jesus, that you may have rest. For we heard :

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So beloved one, let us come to Him.

Also, this we heard our Lord said:
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:44-45‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Beloved ones, have we considered what have been written in the prophets ? What shall they be taught by God, that they may come to Jesus ?

We heard:

“All your children shall be taught by the Lord,
And great shall be the peace of your children.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭54:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Whose children shall be taught by the Lord? What have been taught that bring great peace to the children?

““O you afflicted one, Tossed with tempest, and not comforted, Behold, I will lay your stones with colorful gems, And lay your foundations with sapphires.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭54:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So we consider the children of the afflicted one, who shall be taught by the Lord. And that the children of the afflicted one, shall be taught by the Lord, and great peace shall be brought to them.

How they shall have this great peace ? This is what we have heard:

“Great peace have those who love Your law, And nothing causes them to stumble.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭119:165‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So those who have great peace those who love His law, and nothing causes them to stumble.

So we consider that the children of the afflicted one has been taught the law of the Lord.

So what have been taught by the Lord?

Also, we have heard:

“No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.””
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭31:34‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

If every man shall no more teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying,’Know the Lord, from the least of them to the greatest of them,that the Lord said. So what every man have been taught by the Lord ? So what every man’s saying that they know the Lord ?

So every man have been taught by the Lord, that they said that they know the Lord, for He will forgive their iniquity, and their sin He will remember no more.

How will He forgive our iniquity, and our sin He will remember no more?

We heard:

“For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.””
‭‭Romans‬ ‭11:27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So the Lord will forgive our iniquity, and our sin He will remember no more, that He takes away our sins, for this is His covenant with us.

What is His covenant with us ?

“Therefore BY THIS the iniquity of Jacob will be covered; And THIS is all the fruit of taking away his sin: When he makes all the stones of the altar
Like chalkstones that are beaten to dust,
Wooden images and incense altars shall not stand.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭27:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

What is BY THIS, that iniquity of Jacob will be covered ? We heard “BY THIS”, that THIS IS ALL THE FRUIT OF taking away his sin.

So what is this all the fruit of, that is taking away his sin ? This, we heard:

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness, self-control.
Against such there is no law.

And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5:22-24‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So this is all the fruit of the Spirit, that is, love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, of taking away our sin, against such there is no law.

For we heard:
“When he makes all the stones of the altar
Wooden images and incense altars shall not stand.” in Isaiah‬ ‭27:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So what are the chalk stones that are beaten to dust?

This is what we have heard :

“You have also given me the necks of my enemies,
So that I destroyed those who hated me.

They cried out, but there was none to save;
Even to the Lord, but He did not answer them.

Then I beat them as fine as the dust before the wind;
I cast them out like dirt in the streets.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭18:40-42‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So them who was beaten as fine as the dust before the wind are those who hate us, for they are our enemies.

While Wooden images and incense altars shall not stand.” in Isaiah‬ 27:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ means that we should cast out pagan images and that we ourselves should not give place to falsehood. In other words, we should stand in the true image of son of God, and that we ourselves should give place to the truth.

Paraphrasing for clarity:

It is written in the prophets, ‘
And we shall all be taught by God.’
Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Jesus.
For we who are the children of the afflicted one,who is Christ, that we shall be taught by the Lord,
And great shall be our peace as children of the Lord, that have loved the law of the Lord, and nothing causes us to stumble.

For every man have been taught by the Lord, that we said that we know the Lord, for He will forgive our iniquity, and our sin He will remember no more.

For the Lord will forgive our iniquity, and our sin He will remember no more, that He takes away our sins, for this is His covenant with us.

Therefore by this the iniquity of us who are supplanted to Christ will be covered; and this is all the fruit of taking away our sins, that is,
all the fruit of the Spirit, that is, love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, of taking away our sins, against such there is no law.

When we who are in union with Christ makes all the stones of the altar
then we who are in union with Christ beats those hate us in Him, who are our enemies as fine as the dust before the wind;
We in Christ cast them out like dirt in the streets,
We in Christ cast the enemies.

When we who are in union with Christ makes wooden images and incense altars shall not stand,
then we in Christ casts out false images and that we in Christ destroy places that give in to falsehood, that we may stand in the true image of son of God, and that we ourselves give place to the truth, the truth of His love in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Therefore, this is what we have heard and learned from the Father, that we come to Christ.

For this is what our Lord Jesus said:

“All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:37‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

So we who come to Jesus, He will by no means cast out, for we are whom the Father gives to Jesus.

Beloved one, come to Jesus.

To God the Father be all glory and thanksgiving through Christ.Amen.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
A simple solution is to concentrate on the people you love and turn off the news...... stop watching news stories as unless you are in the line of fire the media makes money scaring you into being obsessed with what is going on and very likely you can't do anything about it till election time.

Reactions: Sir Joseph
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟686,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why can't I accept that I am saved?
Why do I doubt it? Because I haven't had a "turning point" or an "I remember the exact day and time Jesus spoke to me" moment?
Why do I drift away when things are good and run to Jesus and the Bible during troubling times for comfort?
Why can't I be happy in my salvation as others are?
Why can't I know that something is from God or the Holy Spirit?
I literally get consumed and depressed and cry thinking about it.

I only remember my "turning point", if you will, because of the fact I went from Islam to Christianity. That's a dramatic life change generally speaking. Other people may remember theirs for similar reasons, they may have come from a background of addiction or criminality etc so becoming saved in general was in and of itself a major life change.

But not everyone has such dramatic changes because they had a far less drastic sin-life prior to accepting Christ as Lord and Savior. To speak truth, that's a blessing in and of itself. We are not all alike and we don't have identical pasts, and you may thank God above that your life was reasonable compared to others of us.

But it does make the moment you accept Christ slightly less memorable a time in your life, and comparing yourself to others is unnecessary. Some people go from unbelief to belief so gradually they can't pinpoint the day, but it doesn't make the surety of their salvation any less, they are saved just the same.

Also keep in mind that salvation itself isn't a feeling or a mood of your own, it's an act of God period. You're placing faith in how you feel, instead of holding onto the promise of God even in the darkness. God never changes, and a promise of God is trustworthy - He never goes back on His Word.

You may have faith in that, rather than in how you may feel in any given moment.

If you want to know how to have joy in salvation, that's how. Place all your trust in God and His promises and you will understand the feeling of surety.

Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
One can see in the world a sudden and significant unraveling and a turn to foolishness and hostility to God.

There is a free pdf booklet called "The Satanic History of the World" that describes how Satan (the ruler of this world (for now and insofar as he is allowed by God)) has guided the world over the centuries.

http://christianpioneer.com/videos/ebooks/Satanic_history_of_the_world_v1.pdf

The chapters can be viewed with a cellphone here;

Christian Pioneer - Current blog

The main page can direct you to resources helpful to those new to Christianity or for those who may have had bad experiences.

Christian Pioneer

Upvote 0