• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

struggling at work

Apr 27, 2005
✟119.00
Faith
Non-Denom
i guess what i need is some suggestions on how to deal with a certain person at work,i seem to be struggling all the time to keep my cool. this lady that i work at does nothing but sit on the phone talking to friends and family,when she is not doing that she stands around talking. i seem to forever be doing her work and myn.ive thought about just not doing it anymore but i work at a busy hospital and what i do there is vital to the smooth running of it. i have asked her and explained to her that she needs to please start doing her share but i honestly think that she dosent understand what the problem is. she also is a very emotional person and cries alot. i have come to understand that she's lonely and unhappy with her life ive tried to be nice and understanding but the nicer i am the worse it gets,im at my wit's end.i pray in the morning and all day at work about this. any suggestions?

chilibowl

Mar 9, 2005
at home
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes, the hard thing to do is the best thing.. If your willing to coach this woman during and after work and help her get her life back on track then keep doing her work. If not just stop doing things she's suposed to do.. and let "nature" do it's job... because right now your shielding her from her consenquences.. and the problem with most of us is that we don't take responcablity for our actions. If she was allowed to feel the sting of her bad work ethics then she'd change them or starve. I had to starve alittle while myself before I got with the program but now I'm with it and am one of the best at what I do... and by looking at me you'd never know that I missed any meals.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2005
✟119.00
Faith
Non-Denom
unfortunately my boss and lead knows how she is.ive tried not doing her work,but when it doent get done,the depts complain to my boss,and i end up doing it anyway.a lot of the time it involves a pt who needs help rt away and i cant seem to make these people suffer because of her. i have tried helping her with her problems but it seems like she enjoys all the turmoil in her life.thanks for the replys and help,i truly appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Velcro

Mar 6, 2005
West Coast
✟986.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Are there some of these in every hospital or something? :wave:
Personally, I would take a little vacation, leaving her to do the work or else. Is that possible? The problem, IMO, is this: you need to walk away for a few days and let the chips fall where they may, if it is possible at all. It may be a real wake-up call for her and the superiors.

Upvote 0

HomeBound

Learning in the meantime
Jun 24, 2003
Augusta Georgia
Visit site
✟1,926.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Velcro said:
Are there some of these in every hospital or something? :wave:
Personally, I would take a little vacation, leaving her to do the work or else. Is that possible? The problem, IMO, is this: you need to walk away for a few days and let the chips fall where they may, if it is possible at all. It may be a real wake-up call for her and the superiors.

That sounds like a great idea.
Maybe you'll come back to someone else having the same complaints.:idea:

Upvote 0