✟13,300.00
Country
Colombia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi fellow christians
I'd like you to help me this issue, it's been torturing me many years ago. I have no one to talk with about this struggle, and I thought you could give me advices and courage.
I'll explain my situation, sorry if I'm too explicit.
I'm an 18-year old guy, I haven't lost my virginity (I hope I never do), I haven't even kissed, but for most of my life I've struggled with inappropriate contentography, lust and masturbation. I have to explain my family background.
I have 3 older brothers, they're not christians (btw they're not married ), and they have sex basically whenever they want. I know what they do is really wrong, but the problem is, I have a huge libido, no matter if I'm not thinking anything sexual, if I'm busy with something, it comes outta nowhere. Sometimes I try to do something non-sexual, going to the gym, playing basketball, I even watch Mike Tyson's hardest punches, but my high libido is still there. All the other guys of my age are having sex, going to parties, having fun, etc meanwhile I'm in the house all day and I get really bored. I know what they do is unacceptable, but most of the times (sorrt for what I'm about to say), my body craves sex, I really try to be strong, I've prayed countless times, but at the end I end up lusting, watching what I shouldn't watch, and masturbating. I'm nowhere close of losing my virginity before marriage (if I ever get married, which is really unlikely), but I don't want to lose the battle against the lust and the sin.
Can you give some advices about how to face this struggle? Thanks beforehand.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you give some advices about how to face this struggle?

I say, stop struggling with it.......and there will be no more struggle to face.

You've tried long enough on your own, and have failed.....so why not try something else?

Ask the Lord to remove the desire to watch what you do not wish to watch, and remove the desire to do what you do not wish to do.

Wait on the Lord and be of good courage.

Go, and struggle no more.

Upvote 0

BugandAbby

Apr 3, 2019
West Tennessee
✟9,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I struggle as well even though I am much older than you and am married (much worse situation). I too have prayed and still struggle.
What I will say is that everything I have read says to find a men's group because if you try it on your own you will never make it you will inevitably give in.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Intense union, is just that: intense union - you should not be peaking at all, outside a lawful relationship (that justifies the intense union).

To this end, God has made it possible to touch without lust, for the sake of discharging the frustration.

It should take you all of five minutes - just repeat the necessary motion and refuse the temptation to lust (when it comes up).

If you do it probably, there might be a discharge of water (possibly).

I'm not saying this, as though I haven't done it, but I do understand that it is hard and takes restraint.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gottservant makes a good point ---relieve the NATURAL craving all people have, but don't allow LUSTING IN THE MIND toward others to continue, which thoughts are not acceptable before God. We all need to confess our sinful thoughts immediately (whatever they might be), and pray God will help us overcome the flesh, but get clear of the wrong thing. Satan will work on our flesh and seek to persuade us to ACT in the flesh, so call upon God in such times, and remove self from the place of temptation. Get up and go get busy ---try running for some exercise which will relieve the tension. You are no different from most normal men, but need to stay in close communion with the Lord Jesus to have His help in honoring our God.

Upvote 0