• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Struggles with sinning

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Confess in prayer to Jesus.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

Or maybe post on the prayer wall if you want to confess to many witnesses and allow them to pray for and with you.

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16

I pray for you that you be filled with the Holy Spirit and are able to enjoy an intimate and trusting relationship with our Saviour, Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I keep sinning and really want to confess, but I don't know whether some of what I want to say will go against the rules/the appropriate section of the forum to put it in? They are all different sins
Hi PR, sometimes it's all about 'how' you say things (IOW, try not to be too explicit/graphic unless it becomes absolutely necessary because people aren't "getting it" w/o specific details). Why not run what you're going to say past a mod or an ambassador like @~Anastasia~ first if you're worried about what you're going to post?

Yours and His,
David

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I keep sinning and really want to confess, but I don't know whether some of what I want to say will go against the rules/the appropriate section of the forum to put it in? They are all different sins
Hi PR, sometimes it's all about 'how' you say things (IOW, try not to be too explicit/graphic unless it becomes absolutely necessary because people aren't "getting it"). Why not run what you're going to say past a mod or an ambassador like @~Anastasia~ first if you're worried about what you're going to post?

Yours and His,
David

Hi PinkyRock,

I think you need to make a few more posts before you have enough for a PM, but if you want to pm me and ask, I'll be happy to help if I can. You might prefer to post in the Chaplain area of the forum?

It depends too on your expectation of Confession. We have sacramental Confession in our Church, which you couldn't receive by telling people online. However, part of our Confession is also spiritual advice, and there is a sense of accountability too. And it would serve to unburden. You can get those in varying degrees online, but spiritual advice would vary depending on how experienced the person giving it to you is ... and random folks on the forum usually offer bad advice as well as good. You might also consider that the early Church used public, open Confession, but stopped doing that because not everyone has the grace to deal with the sins of others, and you will almost surely find that lack in some by posting publicly here.

For what it's worth, because our Confession is to CHRIST (the priest is merely a witness) ... we sometimes confess in general terms for the sake of the priest, even. Only God needs to truly receive our Confession. Additional information is given only so that the priest understands the circumstances and can offer advice and guidance. It's actually good for the soul sometimes to confess in general terms without any explanation ... I lied. I had impure thoughts. I stole. I acted in an unloving way. I neglected prayer. Etc - whatever the sins are.

If you have general questions, feel free to ask. If you need to ask more specific ones in pm, you can post to the Chaplains, or I think you need 20 or 25 posts to write a pm. But I'm happy to help however I can.

Upvote 0