• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured struggles with fear

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by christine40, May 2, 2018.

1. christine40

christine40 Well-Known Member

+5,497
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    talking with husband since I posted this thread and he still likes his job so despite my pleas, he's not going to give his job up and find one where he doesn't have to travel

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  2. christine40

+5,497
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    maybe fear is the thorn that I have to live with

3. Willing-heart

Willing-heart In Christ Alone. Supporter

+455
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    In all truth, there is no such thing as a fearless person. But a person living in fear is a person behind bars more powerful than steel and that is why throughout the Bible, the Word of God tells us “FEAR NOT” so as to assure us of the promise of comfort, security, and peace in Christ alone.

• Fear not life. Why? “For I am the way the truth and the life” – John 14:6
    • Fear not death. Why? ” For I am He that lives and was dead, and behold I am alive forevermore.” – Rev. 1:18
    • Fear not the unknown. Why? “For I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end” – Rev. 22:13
    • Fear not evil. Why? “For thou art with me. thy rod and thy staff they comfort me” – Psalm 23:4
    • Fear not life problems. Why? “For God is our refuge, He is our strength, the very help in times of need or trouble” – Psalm 46:1
    • Fear not what others can do to us. Why? “In God I have put my trust. I will not fear what flesh can do to me” – Psalm 56:4
    Facing Anxiety

4. christine40

+5,497
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
  5. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+5,266
    Messianic
    Private
    You need your sleep! Lack of sleep is strongly correlated to various health problems. I pray you will get peace and comfort and insight into what to do.

6. christine40

+5,497
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    thanks and agree!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  7. Poppyseed78

Poppyseed78 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,272
    Christian
    Married
    I actually used to have this problem when my husband would travel for work. I would lay awake, scared that someone would break into the house (even though I have a German Shepherd). Then I developed some health problems, and getting adequate sleep is very important in handling them, so I trained myself to sleep despite the fear of someone breaking in.

Ultimately, you need to get enough sleep, and you need to find a way to calm yourself so that you can sleep even with your husband away. Just take common sense precautions like making sure your doors and windows are locked etc. If it helps you, listen to some soothing music or keep a nightlight on. You are no safer awake than asleep, honestly. Pray that God protects you, that is all anyone of us can ever depend on.

8. dga

dga Newbie

+180
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Psalm 56:8, Psalm 112:4,6, Psalm119:50,52,92,93,107, Isaiah 61:1-3, Psalm 68:19, 2Corinthians 1:3-11, Psalm 121:1,2,3,7, Psalm 30:11, Psalm 115:3-8, Psalm 107:41, Psalm 116:6-9, Psalm 22:24, Psalm 94:13,17-19, Psalm 142:2,3, Romans 15:13, Psalm 50:15