May 15, 2016
United States
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello, I am new here.
I am a 16 year old born again Christian, but I have some problems with feelings of lust. I am celibate, and I plan to live as Paul describes in 1st Corinthians 7:8. In the past I have had some really difficult problems with masturbation, but recently I have been been to overcome the urges. I have been free masturbation for the past month, but recently I have been looking up some "questionable" imagery on the Internet. I haven't watched any hardcore inappropriate contentography in a long time, but I sometimes find myself peering at animated GIFs, and other images. It is a problem I want to eliminate but I am having a really hard time.

I know as a teenage boy it is really hard to overcome hormones, but does anyone have some suggestions? I would also appreciate any prayers. Thank you, and God Bless.

May 17, 2016
Williamsburg, VA
Visit site
✟7,638.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey there Real_Magyar, I am new here as well.

Im going to get straight to the point, so as not to waste your time. You are not alone, by any means. I have struggled with the same habit for years. Its a normal lust to have, and its normal to peek at images like that on the internet as well. Its just what teenagers like us have to deal with on a day to day basis. A pastor from the Elevation Church gave a sermon , and said this: "Desire, plus effort and direction, equal progress." If you desire to stop looking at those images or engaging in that act, then you must put in the effort, and be moving in the right direction. I was reading recently in James, and it says in a verse "We do not have because we do not ask God." So long as you ask God, and have the faith that he will help you, I guarantee that you will see result. It will take time, brother, believe me. But I promise, I promise that you will overcome and succeed. You are a child of God, and he will not abandon you in this time of need.

May the love of Christ be with you,
~Alec

Upvote 0

Christian Harris

Self-descriptive Phrase
Nov 3, 2016
Texas
✟8,767.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey, bud. In regards to struggling with masturbation/inappropriate contentography, firstly join the club! I can almost guarantee you that any male over the entire planet, no matter what his beliefs or preferences be will be tempted by lust throughout his entire life, so you are in no way uncommon or alone in dealing with the desires that you do. That being said, I can speak to you from a perspective of personal experience here. I'm 18 years old now, but I've struggled heavily with both masturbation and inappropriate contentography since I was about 12 years old, and still have times of relapse and weakness, despite my experience.
The advice I can give you is this. First, have someone that you trust and love completely (and who feels the same towards you) to confide in. Your Dad is probably the best option here, if you can. If you're barely making it by that day, or have even fallen into sin, tell them. I assure you that they'll be more understanding than you think.
Second, having some kind of internet filter for inappropriate contentography is also a large help, especially if you currently have unfiltered access to the internet. If you can, ask your person whom you confided in to set it up for you. In the same way that you don't leave cocaine sitting in a rehab clinic, it's a bad idea to keep that stuff available to tempt you.
Lastly, pray about this, read about it in you Bible, and bring it as a relevant problem before the Lord. He understands better than anyone what you're going through (Hebrews 4:15), loves you and cares for you unceasingly, and does not hold your sins against you (Psalm 103:10-13). You'll also probably find, as I did, that refocusing you mind on the Lord whenever you are tempted is soothing and helps immensely.

That's all I currently think of to say, but if you have any questions or just care to talk, just tell me so and I'd be more than happy to.

-Christian

Upvote 0