• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Struggled with high blood sugars for at least six years until..

Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...until I started taking a newer diabetes medication called "Trulicity" for type 2. It's a once a week injection, which is great. The every day insulin injections were a pain, after awhile most of the sites have been exhausted and it becomes more difficult to pierce the skin. Once a week in the tummy is nothing by comparison. I tried several different insulin but none were effective, even increasing the dosage of insulin the results were poor in my A1C results. I could feel how poor the results were, felt like a constant non-stop roller coaster. These days I am feeling better, though with all the medications I take, deal with nausea and loss of apatite. But I've lost thirty or more lbs and one of the things the doctor told me before prescribing Trulicity is that I would never loose weight taking insulin, which I never could.

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is not great you are going to die faster .
Also giving insulin injections to diabetic person is like giving Vitamin D to alcoholic , yea it might help but maybe you should consider not supporting his addiction with alcohol to cure him.

Same goes for you , stop eating sugar , you want to go and do Keto Diet right now starting today .
And it is not unhealthy it will cure your diabets you will no longer have to take any injections or meds at all.

Watch this whole playlist

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian