May 15, 2016
United States
✟15,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello, I am new here.
I am a 16 year old born again Christian, but I have some problems with feelings of lust. I am celibate, and I plan to live as Paul describes in 1st Corinthians 7:8. In the past I have had some really difficult problems with masturbation, but recently I have been been to overcome the urges. I have been free masturbation for the past month, but recently I have been looking up some "questionable" imagery on the Internet. I haven't watched any hardcore inappropriate contentography in a long time, but I sometimes find myself peering at animated GIFs, and other images. It is a problem I want to eliminate but I am having a really hard time.

I know as a teenage boy it is really hard to overcome hormones, but does anyone have some suggestions? I would also appreciate any prayers. Thank you, and God Bless.

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Nice to meet you! :)
Not sure if I can really help you, as I am a girl.
Anyway, hormones will "overcome" themselves with time. I'm sure Paul knew it, and did not wanted to condemn the natural process of the puberty.
Put filters on your Internet, and force yourself to ignore the pictures that bother you. Find another "exciting" things, like something you like to do: sometimes sport can work (unless people told me so, sport is not really my speciality)
Let time learns you how to control your thoughts and your body. Every teen struggles with hormones, and Paul surely did the same at 16.

Upvote 0