• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

struggle to trust God thru heart issues

gal4God

Support Team
Dec 29, 2005
Leicester, UK
Visit site
✟21,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
I was born with a heart condition but as an adult I’ve struggled to trust God with my heart health. 9 years ago I caused issues with my heart health and I was told by a non Christian in my family that God wouldn’t heal me cos I’ve wasn’t good enough. At that time i reached out to someone at church who helped me. But wen my freind heard him tell me to trust God fully with my heart health, she freaked she was going to lose me. It was hard having non Christians in my family moan I was praying for my heart health but to hear it from a Christian was hard. 9 years later I’m have a lot of heart ops at the mo but the issues from 9 years ago with the family member comes back often. I have cut all ties with that side of my family now thankfully.

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,529.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was told by a non Christian in my family that God wouldn’t heal me cos I’ve wasn’t good enough.

I am sorry that you have a serious heart condition. and that this is affecting your faith.

Just what is your trust in God based on?
he hope of physical healing or the forgiveness of ones sins?
We are not promised good health, wealth or earthly happiness.
All we are promised is the certainty of a place in heaven.

Trust God for your salvation, pray for recovery from your heart condition and continue to trust God whether you have good or bad health.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have coronary artery disease, I had a 100% blockage in the "widow maker" valve, and 75% blockage in another, until doctors put a couple of stints in (six years ago). From that point on, I started taking a number of medications, only about six months ago did I get meaningful relief from high blood sugars. Insulin was not getting the job done, felt like a non-stop roller coaster. So many things people do not understand until they experience them themselves. I can relate and understand where this can create some trust issues, but please do not make a "faith-healing" issue out of it. No clue if you're on meds or should be, if so take them and ignore word of faith healers, they think they can lead God around like a puppy, not so. We all have our day, God knows the hour, he knows the number of hairs on our head, lean on the everlasting arms of God, give your burdens to Him, rest in the peace of Christ that surpasses understanding.

Upvote 0

gal4God

Support Team
Dec 29, 2005
Leicester, UK
Visit site
✟21,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Why not trust God with little things and work up to bigger trust ?
I’m having daily heart surgery’s at the moment as holes keep forming in my heart.

• Optimistic
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

gal4God

Support Team
Dec 29, 2005
Leicester, UK
Visit site
✟21,319.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
I have coronary artery disease, I had a 100% blockage in the "widow maker" valve, and 75% blockage in another, until doctors put a couple of stints in (six years ago). From that point on, I started taking a number of medications, only about six months ago did I get meaningful relief from high blood sugars. Insulin was not getting the job done, felt like a non-stop roller coaster. So many things people do not understand until they experience them themselves. I can relate and understand where this can create some trust issues, but please do not make a "faith-healing" issue out of it. No clue if you're on meds or should be, if so take them and ignore word of faith healers, they think they can lead God around like a puppy, not so. We all have our day, God knows the hour, he knows the number of hairs on our head, lean on the everlasting arms of God, give your burdens to Him, rest in the peace of Christ that surpasses understanding.
I take meds, wen it comes to surgerys I want them but don’t expect to love though them.

Upvote 0