✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hebrews 6:18 (NASB)
so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us.

“would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope”

To take hold of the hope of the promises of God concerning us and all the aspects of our lives. A hope that would permeate through all the up’s and downs of our lives.. A hope that would not disappoint. A hope that would always be before the heart that would choose to embrace the hope that is in the promises of God.

God, who is a God that can not lie. He is the very strength and foundation of that hope. A hope that no matter how far we have strayed, once we return, so does the hope just as real and alive as when the hope was first tasted. For God’s heart is towards us as long as today is called today. He beckons us to come to the hope that is set before us. For to take refuge in the hope is His desire towards those that would be His.

So what is this hope?

2 Peter 1:4 (NASB)
For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.

So that the heart would by faith have strong encouragement to grab unto the hope set before it through the promises of God.

Be blessed all as we grab unto the hope of the promises of God that are ours in Christ.

Not me

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a good reminder and encouragement. As whilst this world can make it seem hopeless many times, we can still hold on to the hope we have set in Christ Jesus! As well as holding on to His promises, which stands forever! And which never fails!

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is a good reminder and encouragement. As whilst this world can make it seem hopeless many times, we can still hold on to the hope we have set in Christ Jesus! As well as holding on to His promises, which stands forever! And which never fails!

Yes, as we can each and every day know these truths in an ever increasing way...

Be most blessed in Him, Not me

Upvote 0

OneOfTheMasters

Dec 6, 2019
Alabama
✟114,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
FB_IMG_1575533982907.jpg

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

OneOfTheMasters

Dec 6, 2019
Alabama
✟114,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And than there are the ones that like to tear down to elevate themselves above others.

“But love covers a multitude of sins.”

Be blessed as we learn Christ, Not me

I agree and have met many who were so ugly and negative inside they only chose to tear down and destroy others!

It is sad to say that Christendom is vastly losing the call to love,encourage and build up the brotherhood!

Blessings!

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And than there are the ones that like to tear down to elevate themselves above others.

“But love covers a multitude of sins.”

Be blessed as we learn Christ, Not me

We should confront others in love and in truth, even though for many, if they see it the wrong way and holding on to their pride, will not receive it as something meant for their good. Truth is what reveals to someone what is bad and wrong in their lives, this is revealed through the Holy Spirit. And only the truth can set us free! Whilst lies puts us into chains of captivity.

When it comes to God and how the quote from above is used, He rebukes, corrects, chastices and disciplines each Christian believer for their good in Him, also to rid them from sins and anything which isn't good for them to have, and to be purifying them... We are meant to bear good fruits in His Son Jesus Christ, and any bad fruits needs to be removed from us. It is also good for us for our growth in Him to continue.

Be blessed in Christ Jesus through God's mercies today! Amen!

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree and have met many who were so ugly and negative inside they only chose to tear down and destroy others!

It is sad to say that Christendom is vastly losing the call to love,encourage and build up the brotherhood!

Blessings!

So true, this is why it is so important to have the living relationship with Christ, so we can know what, when, and how to speak those words of encouragement that come from above.

Be blessed in Him, Not me

We should confront others in love and in truth, even though for many, if they see it the wrong way and holding on to their pride, will not receive it as something meant for their good. Truth is what reveals to someone what is bad and wrong in their lives, this is revealed through the Holy Spirit. And only the truth can set us free! Whilst lies puts us into chains of captivity.

When it comes to God and how the quote from above is used, He rebukes, corrects, chastices and disciplines each Christian believer for their good in Him, also to rid them from sins and anything which isn't good for them to have, and to be purifying them... We are meant to bear good fruits in His Son Jesus Christ, and any bad fruits needs to be removed from us. It is also good for us for our growth in Him to continue.

Be blessed in Christ Jesus through God's mercies today! Amen!

Yes encouraging one another to and in Christ is a most blessed work indeed...Be blessed in the work.

In Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

OneOfTheMasters

Dec 6, 2019
Alabama
✟114,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was in another christian forum and there is one particular man who was like sticking your head in a lions mouth!

How he gets by with calling ppl ignorant,stupid,heretic,blasphemer,calls scripture that is quoted drivel,states continually all you do is blather is so disheartening!

I love Jesus and I love God's word....all God's word.
I know even " Jesus wept" can probably be twisted by some.
This world and living here is hard enough.
So let's pray and build up and bear with one another!
Jesus is coming for a bride whose lamps are trimmed and have extra vessels of oil in preparation for His return!

Be Blessed All!

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was in another christian forum and there is one particular man who was like sticking your head in a lions mouth!

How he gets by with calling ppl ignorant,stupid,heretic,blasphemer,calls scripture that is quoted drivel,states continually all you do is blather is so disheartening!

I love Jesus and I love God's word....all God's word.
I know even " Jesus wept" can probably be twisted by some.
This world and living here is hard enough.
So let's pray and build up and bear with one another!
Jesus is coming for a bride whose lamps are trimmed and have extra vessels of oil in preparation for His return!

Be Blessed All!

Oh bless you my fellow laborer in Christ. God sees your heart and He rejoices in it...Keep pursuing your love of God and the joy and peace and presence and knowledge of God that He will open in you will be beyond all measure. Your heart caused mine to rejoice!

Be most blessed as you pursue Him with all your heart, Not me

Edit, just love the individual to the best that is in you, for God sees.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To be found by God in Christ, righteous,
not in the flesh, carnal.

Yes for scripture says, not having a righteousness of my own, but a righteousness that comes through faith in Christ Jesus... Be most blessed as we pursue this righteousness by faith.

In Him, Not me

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Timothy 3:1-5

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;"

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

This may seem not as encouraging encountering, yet the encouragement of seeing this happening is that the return of our Lord Jesus Christ is nearing.

As times will become worse, and there will come those who claim a sort of godliness, but since they don't know the true living God, as well as keeps on doing the evil which they have in their hearts, it isn't genuine. And everything they do is false, because they don't have good in mind. The motive of the heart is more important to God than what they do, as if everything they do comes from pride and anything else which is bad, then it won't count to God how they come before Him with worship and praise.

When we look at Cain and Abel, Abel gave the best he had whilst Cain gave just what were laying around. Abel was honest as well as truthfully worshipped God, Cain didn't had his heart in the right place with God. And looking at how it went, Cain became jealous and had murderous thoughts which he also put into action against Abel. Because he saw God approved of Abel's sacrifice and not his!

We should also do this as it is written in James 5:8

"You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand."

1 Peter 2:8b

"They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed. "

This is also something you see nowadays, with carnal Christians who have no respect nor understanding of God's Word, and neither do they have any God's fear in them. So everything they do, will be seen as an abomination to God, because their hearts are not with Him! And whilst they remain living in and continuing in their sins, without any guilt nor need for repentance, nothing they do nor say will be approved before God.

It is a sad sight to see, as these are in a deceived state. Although whilst they are still given days to live on this earth, we can still continue praying for them. And so we should! Because they are not saved.

Now; When it comes to us who do love His Word, and wants to draw closer to God, having a relationship with Jesus Christ, when we see this happening around us. We can also feel encouraged, because of Jesus Christ's return which is getting closer! And I will share a part I read today which is also how we should do when we are in Christ. And which should become what we desire doing, because when we are in Christ Jesus we will no longer get joy by doing evil, but will desire more doing what is right and good!

1 Peter 3:14-17

"But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear, having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.

For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 Timothy 3:1-5

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;"

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

This may seem not as encouraging encountering, yet the encouragement of seeing this happening is that the return of our Lord Jesus Christ is nearing.

As times will become worse, and there will come those who claim a sort of godliness, but since they don't know the true living God, as well as keeps on doing the evil which they have in their hearts, it isn't genuine. And everything they do is false, because they don't have good in mind. The motive of the heart is more important to God than what they do, as if everything they do comes from pride and anything else which is bad, then it won't count to God how they come before Him with worship and praise.

When we look at Cain and Abel, Abel gave the best he had whilst Cain gave just what were laying around. Abel was honest as well as truthfully worshipped God, Cain didn't had his heart in the right place with God. And looking at how it went, Cain became jealous and had murderous thoughts which he also put into action against Abel. Because he saw God approved of Abel's sacrifice and not his!

We should also do this as it is written in James 5:8

"You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand."

1 Peter 2:8b

"They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed. "

This is also something you see nowadays, with carnal Christians who have no respect nor understanding of God's Word, and neither do they have any God's fear in them. So everything they do, will be seen as an abomination to God, because their hearts are not with Him! And whilst they remain living in and continuing in their sins, without any guilt nor need for repentance, nothing they do nor say will be approved before God.

It is a sad sight to see, as these are in a deceived state. Although whilst they are still given days to live on this earth, we can still continue praying for them. And so we should! Because they are not saved.

Now; When it comes to us who do love His Word, and wants to draw closer to God, having a relationship with Jesus Christ, when we see this happening around us. We can also feel encouraged, because of Jesus Christ's return which is getting closer! And I will share a part I read today which is also how we should do when we are in Christ. And which should become what we desire doing, because when we are in Christ Jesus we will no longer get joy by doing evil, but will desire more doing what is right and good!

1 Peter 3:14-17

"But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear, having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.

For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil."

A heart that would know Christ is a blessing to read. Such a heart is most blessed in this life and will have God’s ear and heart for eternity.

Such a treasure in a earthen jar.

Thanks for sharing the contents of your jar.

In His family, Not me

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

OneOfTheMasters

Dec 6, 2019
Alabama
✟114,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you @Not me and blessings in return!

I love the word of God and try to keep my mind in and on it!

Thinking on the things that encourage,lift us and bind us in His love are blessings to me as well!

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you @Not me and blessings in return!

I love the word of God and try to keep my mind in and on it!

Thinking on the things that encourage,lift us and bind us in His love are blessings to me as well!

Yes it does seem the more we keep our eyes on Him and trust His love for us in all things, the joy and peace grows and grows. So to Him do our hearts cry after; “Lord fill me with You”

Be blessed as He answers the cry of the hearts of all those that would be willing.

In Him, Not me

Upvote 0