May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Scripture clearly says that the Gentiles will Trample the temple of God for 42 months and God will send his Two Witnesses
Do you really believe that Gentiles could trample the temple in heaven ?
come on now - read the bible and learn
Your ideas are opposite of the the Holy Scripture says in clear language

Or, perhaps, the witnesses are two churches...lampstands, being churches...and you are taking the writings too literally.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,935.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has had a clean.
It is a strong delusion to think that flaming and goading are acceptable;
please refrain from further such posts.​
MOD HAT OFF

Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
STRONG DELUSION

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 King James Version (KJV)
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

(send them) in scripture GOD is often said to do that which HE does not prevent (2 Chron 18:18)

Only other use of the word delusion in the Bible

Isaiah 66 King James Version (KJV)

You can't make this kind of argument based on an English translation. The New Testament was written in Greek, and the word for delusion or error (planē) is also used in Matthew 27:64, Romans 1:27, Ephesians 4:14, 1 Thessalonians 2:3, James 5:20, 2 Peter 2:18, 2 Peter 3:17, 1 John 4:6, and Jude 1:11.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's open to be fulfilled in a number of ways. I know of a few pastors who studied the text and agree with me. You don't have to agree with me. I feel thwhoe passage falls under the category of Christian Liberty. The important thing is that we agree Jesus died for our sins and is the only way to the Father.

Our whole purpose on this earth is to make a decision to follow the true teachings of Jesus Christ OR the false teachings of satan. (doctrines). Thus the Strong Delusion will deal with doctrines either true or false, it is our decision.

I see a lot of different doctrines being preached on this board. The only true doctrines are those taught by Jesus Christ not those conjured up by man influenced by satan.

Matthew 7:22-24 King James Version (KJV)
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
1 John 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Jesus is describing those professed Christian who do not accept all of his true doctrines but marry in satan's false doctrines. This is also true of the parable of the ten virgins. They accept part of the truth but not the whole truth.
John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.
1 John 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law:

Matthew 22
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The first of these two pertain to the worship of God IE the first four of the TEN COMMANDMENTS
The second pertain to how we love our fellow man. IE the last six of the TEN COMMANDMENTS.

Notice that the prophets hang on the commandments.

Having the wrong interpretation of the prophecies will keep you out of the Kingdom of GOD just like the five foolish virgins.

Mark 7:7
Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Colossians 2:22
Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
Titus 1:14
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Matthew 7:13-14
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You can't make this kind of argument based on an English translation. The New Testament was written in Greek, and the word for delusion or error (planē) is also used in Matthew 27:64, Romans 1:27, Ephesians 4:14, 1 Thessalonians 2:3, James 5:20, 2 Peter 2:18, 2 Peter 3:17, 1 John 4:6, and Jude 1:11.

See post #104

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul was absolutely right, the delusion has been working since the Garden of Eden.

Not so.

The context of the "strong delusion" in the 2 Thessalonians 2 chapter is a one-time event to occur in conjunction with the appearance of the "man of sin" (Antichrist) sitting in the "temple of God" in Jerusalem.

If you want to create a doctrine of man, or support an existing one, which the idea that the "strong delusion" was a matter happening over generations, then you have to leave the meaning of the rest of the 2 Thess.2:1-10 verses.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'd have to look it over again to be sure, but as I understood it there was nothing supernatural about the AC, and all that he does is a trick/illusion. I just grabbed a few versions of the bible with that same scripture on that, in including the KJV.

King James Bible
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Christian Standard Bible
The coming of the lawless one is based on Satan's working, with all kinds of false miracles, signs, and wonders,

Contemporary English Version
When the wicked one appears, Satan will pretend to work all kinds of miracles, wonders, and signs.

Good News Translation
The Wicked One will come with the power of Satan and perform all kinds of false miracles and wonders,

And it makes sense his miracles would be a trick since he is a deceiver, and opposite of Christ.

Special effects. :)

Read the Matthew 24:23-26 version, because Paul is giving the same warning of a coming pseudo-Christ that our Lord Jesus did in His Olivet Discourse. Revelation 13:11-14 is the same warning also.

Matt 24:23-26
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

KJV

The actual context of that is about a singular false one. The KJV translators brought the Greek word pseudochristos into English as "false Christs". Dr. James Strong translated pseudochristos to 'a spurious Messiah' (Strong's no. 5580). It's from 2 Greek words, pseudo meaning false, and christos meaning Christ (singular). It's about the same one Paul warned of in 2 Thess.2 that he said must come first before Jesus' return.

Understanding to what level of working of deception that one will have is easy, IF... one pays attention to what our Lord Jesus said there in the 24th verse. He showed even His very elect would be deceived by that deception, IF it were possible. It will not be possible to deceive His very elect, so that shows that great signs and wonders will deceive the rest of the whole world. That also is what Jesus showed through John in Rev.13.

Rev 13:4-8
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

KJV

This last 8th verse is the teller. Only those whose names are written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will not be deceived into worshiping that dragon (Antichrist) when he shows up doing great signs and wonders. And the Antichrist parallel in that chapter...

Rev 13:11-14
11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

KJV

That's the same one Paul was warning of in 2 Thess.2 (and in 2 Cor.11 about the "another Jesus"), and that our Lord Jesus warned of in Matt.24:23-26. That's the same Antichrist figure that's to work those great signs and wonders to deceive the world.

So does that fit ANY flesh born man of today or past history? No. The coming Antichrist as our Lord Jesus and His Apostles have shown in God's Word (not man's word), is about one coming to do supernatural workings which no flesh man has ever... been able to do to date. If there had been an Antichrist having come already like that, then we would have seen the whole... world, all religions, following one... messiah. Even our Lord Jesus didn't get the whole world to follow Him at His first coming, and He is The Messiah. But our Lord Jesus will... make the whole world follow Him as King when He returns, so does that ring a bell as to the working of the coming Antichrist?

Because of the type warnings about the coming Antichrist, it's a show of ignorance for man to keep on with applying the role to some flesh born man, especially when we haven't seen any flesh born man in history (excepting Jesus) do great signs, miracles and wonders that would ALMOST deceive Christ's very elect, if it were possible. It's not going to be a pope, nor some flesh leader of the EU, nor some Asian. His lineage will be reported from Judah, as that is the ONLY lineage one purporting to be Messiah can come from.

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Read the Matthew 24:23-26 version, because Paul is giving the same warning of a coming pseudo-Christ that our Lord Jesus did in His Olivet Discourse. Revelation 13:11-14 is the same warning also.

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

KJV

The actual context of that is about a singular false one. The KJV translators brought the Greek word pseudochristos into English as "false Christs". Dr. James Strong translated pseudochristos to 'a spurious Messiah' (Strong's no. 5580). It's from 2 Greek words, pseudo meaning false, and christos meaning Christ (singular). It's about the same one Paul warned of in 2 Thess.2 that he said must come first before Jesus' return.

Understanding to what level of working of deception that one will have is easy, IF... one pays attention to what our Lord Jesus said there in the 24th verse. He showed even His very elect would be deceived by that deception, IF it were possible. It will not be possible to deceive His very elect, so that shows that great signs and wonders will deceive the rest of the whole world. That also is what Jesus showed through John in Rev.13.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

KJV

This last 8th verse is the teller. Only those whose names are written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will not be deceived into worshiping that dragon (Antichrist) when he shows up doing great signs and wonders. And the Antichrist parallel in that chapter...

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

KJV

That's the same one Paul was warning of in 2 Thess.2 (and in 2 Cor.11 about the "another Jesus"), and that our Lord Jesus warned of in Matt.24:23-26. That's the same Antichrist figure that's to work those great signs and wonders to deceive the world.

So does that fit ANY flesh born man of today or past history? No. The coming Antichrist as our Lord Jesus and His Apostles have shown in God's Word (not man's word), is about one coming to do supernatural workings which no flesh man has ever... been able to do to date. If there had been an Antichrist having come already like that, then we would have seen the whole... world, all religions, following one... messiah. Even our Lord Jesus didn't get the whole world to follow Him at His first coming, and He is The Messiah. But our Lord Jesus will... make the whole world follow Him as King when He returns, so does that ring a bell as to the working of the coming Antichrist?

Because of the type warnings about the coming Antichrist, it's a show of ignorance for man to keep on with applying the role to some flesh born man, especially when we haven't seen any flesh born man in history (excepting Jesus) do great signs, miracles and wonders that would ALMOST deceive Christ's very elect, if it were possible. It's not going to be a pope, nor some flesh leader of the EU, nor some Asian. His lineage will be reported from Judah, as that is the ONLY lineage one purporting to be Messiah can come from.

The term "deception" was used often in what you posted. Also, no, there has never before been one like him, one that has access to all the resources necessary to create his deceptive illusions.

Conclusion, I hold tight to my understanding he has no real power, accept for the power the deceptions give him over those who believe in him.

There are so many arguments on the details of the bible, some of them important to our very salvation, and some not...fortunately, this is not one that is. However, an understanding that might well show itself when the time comes to those real Christians who don't understand, could come in handy at the time we really need to understand. Just as I feel revelation will become more clear just before or as it's coming to pass, or when it is most important..

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

KJV

KJV

KJV

According to the preterist perspective of Doctor Kenneth Gentry, as I understand it. The Beast symbolizes the Pagan Roman Empire. And the Beastly Lamb symbolizes all of the false messiahs, which arose in Judea in the first century. Leading up to the first Jewish war from 66 to 73 AD. For example, the numerous false messiahs described by Josephus.

The destruction of Babylon symbolizes the Roman raising of Jerusalem in the year 70 AD.

Accordingly, I identify the Second coming imagery of Revelation 19 to reflect and symbolize the Christian victory over the Pagan Roman Empire. under Emperor Constantine in about 300 AD. Then the Millennium of Revelation 20 would be the 1000 year heyday of Christianity during the 1000 year, Millennium long Christian Byzantine Empire.

From the fall of Constantinople in 1453 AD until today would then be the end times of revelations 20 versus 7 through 9.

This preterist perspective is only compatible with (some) Christian scriptural interpretations. In particular, it is not compatible with any view that a 1000 year Messianic millennial reign As yet lies in the future. Such as the view that the true Messiah will soon usher in the rebuilding of the physical temple in physical Jerusalem, so starting the true Messianic millennium for the truly faithful.

Tangentially. I understand that the Christian New Testament preferentially quotes from the Greek Septuagint (LXX). Approximately 2/3 or more of the time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
According to the preterist perspective
This preterist perspective is only compatible with (some) Christian scriptural interpretations.
Which is evidence why it has so many flaws that it should be disregarded altogether
In particular, it is not compatible with any view that a 1000 year Messianic millennial reign As yet lies in the future.
That is another reason for it to be disregarded, Christians should seek to find the Bible as the source of authority and not men's interpretations of it , unfortunately many people find convenience better than accuracy , convenience in the manner that they would rather accept what some preachers teach, instead of taking the time to pour their own time into studying Gods Word to know for themselves what it says and means - this happens in many churches - The only view that is relevant is the view scripture teaches and not a denominational teaching-

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
NIV Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible

Revelation 11:8 Elsewhere in Revelation, the “great city” is Babylon (18:10)... where also their Lord was crucified. Just outside Jerusalem

---

Doctor Kenneth Gentry identifies keys to understanding and unlocking the meaning of Revelation. According to Dr. Gentry. Once you find the keys, the meaning is unlocked. Revelation is symbolically encrypted, like a message in code, but once you decipher it, the one and only singular meaning drops out.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Apostle John wrote the Revelation as given to him by JESUS who was in heaven at the time he gave the Revelation of HIS coming again to earth after John was exiled to Patmos
after 95 AD - the Book of the Revelation of Jesus thee Messiah was written after Jesus went to heaven and the Millennial kingdom will happen AFTER Jesus has come in HIS GLORY back to earth

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are so many arguments on the details of the bible, some of them important to our very salvation, and some not...fortunately, this is not one that is. However, an understanding that might well show itself when the time comes to those real Christians who don't understand, could come in handy at the time we really need to understand. Just as I feel revelation will become more clear just before or as it's coming to pass, or when it is most important..

I have to disagree. This is an extremely... important matter for us. It's probably one of the most important things for us to be on watch for at the very end of this world. It involves whether one falls away to worship the coming pseudo-Christ, or remains faithful waiting on our Lord Jesus' coming afterwards. I don't want the door to be shut on any brother/sister in Christ Jesus when He appears. So I must warn about the coming Antichrist.

You can pass the following off if you want, it's up to you, most will:

In Rev.12:7-9, we are shown after the war in Heaven, there will be no more place found in Heaven, for Satan and his angels. He and his angels are then booted down to this earth among us. That future event is not going to be like in the past, with Satan behind a dimension veil influencing someone in the flesh to do his bidding. The Antichrist is shown to be Satan, de facto, in person, here on earth, in our dimension. We will see him, as he also has the image of man that God created him with.

Is the world preparing for that? No, the majority of brethren are being taught, and think, that the coming Antichrist will be just another flesh man, a pope even for some, etc. The "another beast" of Rev.13:11 is actually the "dragon" of that chapter. Revelation 13:4 says the world will worship... a flesh man? No..., it says the "dragon". Who is the "dragon" of that Scripture?

Rev 12:7-9
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

KJV

God's Word showed how angels can appear with the image of man upon this earth, and even eat and live upon this earth (Gen.18 & 19). Hebrews 13:2 even tells us to be hospitable to strangers, for some have entertained angels and didn't know it.

The problem with today's world and all the technology, is that understanding of the other dimension has been clouded. When Satan comes disguised as Messiah, working the great signs and wonders our Lord Jesus warned us about, then you might realize how important a matter this is for the Church at the end of this world. The falling away with the coming of the "man of sin" Paul warned of is about brethren in the Church falling away to worship Satan unknowingly in place of our Lord Jesus. Satan will be the "another Jesus".

2 Cor 11:2-4
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

KJV

Why would false ones even preach to believe on "another Jesus"? It's because the prince of this world (the Antichrist) is coming, our Lord Jesus said:

John 14:30
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me.

KJV

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The great 'delusion' is this thing we like to call "Secularism". It transcends all religions and whether you see it or not, it replaces your relationship with God. God is now just this thing you go to experience at Church sometimes. But when you're sick and dying, you reach out to the many false gods of secular society which promise to add more years to your life and keep you 'secure'...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Micah888

Apr 20, 2018
CALGARY
✟21,176.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the preterist perspective of Doctor Kenneth Gentry, as I understand it. The Beast symbolizes the Pagan Roman Empire.
This is a tired old concept which has no bearing on the future. Preterism is simply fantasy. It is amazing how otherwise intelligent Christians are willing to believe this nonsense. If what they say is true then there should be universal peace and righteousness on earth today (2,000+ years later).

• Agree
Reactions: Davy
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It must be even stronger if you're still deluded after I just kindly pointed it out ;) :preach::tutu::liturgy:
That chapter 2 thess2 spells it out quite plainly what Gods WORD means about the Strong Delusion that He is sending - it is the Man of Lawlessness that goes into the temple and declares that He is God - the Man of Lawlessness will cause people to be deluded into believing that he is God - that is Gods response to people who could believe the Truth of Jesus - but they reject the truth to believe the lie of satan - the father of lies
read the bible , it's in there ;)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have to disagree. This is an extremely... important matter for us. It's probably one of the most important things for us to be on watch for at the very end of this world. It involves whether one falls away to worship the coming pseudo-Christ, or remains faithful waiting on our Lord Jesus' coming afterwards. I don't want the door to be shut on any brother/sister in Christ Jesus when He appears. So I must warn about the coming Antichrist.

You can pass the following off if you want, it's up to you, most will:

In Rev.12:7-9, we are shown after the war in Heaven, there will be no more place found in Heaven, for Satan and his angels. He and his angels are then booted down to this earth among us. That future event is not going to be like in the past, with Satan behind a dimension veil influencing someone in the flesh to do his bidding. The Antichrist is shown to be Satan, de facto, in person, here on earth, in our dimension. We will see him, as he also has the image of man that God created him with.

Is the world preparing for that? No, the majority of brethren are being taught, and think, that the coming Antichrist will be just another flesh man, a pope even for some, etc. The "another beast" of Rev.13:11 is actually the "dragon" of that chapter. Revelation 13:4 says the world will worship... a flesh man? No..., it says the "dragon". Who is the "dragon" of that Scripture?

Rev 12:7-9
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

God's Word showed how angels can appear with the image of man upon this earth, and even eat and live upon this earth (Gen.18 & 19). Hebrews 13:2 even tells us to be hospitable to strangers, for some have entertained angels and didn't know it.

The problem with today's world and all the technology, is that understanding of the other dimension has been clouded. When Satan comes disguised as Messiah, working the great signs and wonders our Lord Jesus warned us about, then you might realize how important a matter this is for the Church at the end of this world. The falling away with the coming of the "man of sin" Paul warned of is about brethren in the Church falling away to worship Satan unknowingly in place of our Lord Jesus. Satan will be the "another Jesus".

2 Cor 11:2-4
2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

KJV

Why would false ones even preach to believe on "another Jesus"? It's because the prince of this world (the Antichrist) is coming, our Lord Jesus said:

John 14:30
30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in Me.

KJV

Not sure where we are at here? Our disagreement was on whether or not the beasts miracles will be illusions or real, but you seem to be talking about something else as many of your comments don't seem to be defending they are real miracles?

Did I miss something/are we still on the same page?

So as to "passing off the following" You can also pass off my defense, the scripture I posted. I can better answer after I find if were still talking the same thing, but you yourself quoted this....

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

....where it says it's a a deception/"deceiveth", that's all Satan can do that I know of, it's what he's doing to the world now and what he will do then but the miracles will be pretty convincing. Did you actually point out where he will do real miracles? I pointed out where it states Satan "deceived" in the bible, so I need some scripture that outright says otherwise, and I may be able to then get on board to what you are saying. Or again, maybe I missed something and our disagreement is something else??

Upvote 0