Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
2 Thess2 tells exactly who the strong delusion is and why he is being sent by God

It's open to be fulfilled in a number of ways. I know of a few pastors who studied the text and agree with me. You don't have to agree with me. I feel the passage falls under the category of Christian Liberty. The important thing is that we agree Jesus died for our sins and is the only way to the Father.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's open to be fulfilled in a number of ways. I know of a few pastors who studied the text and agree with me.
Seriously 2 Thess2 tells exactly who the strong delusion is and why he is being sent by God
Read it slow and think about it as you read - it tells outright . many people just read through the bible and not think about it which is why they miss so much

Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously 2 Thess2 tells exactly who the strong delusion is and why he is being sent by God
Read it slow and think about it as you read - it tells outright . many people just read through the bible and not think about it which is why they miss so much

Sorry, dude. I know what you're talking about and I agree with you. I also happen to agree with what I said too. And I'm not the only one.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sorry, dude. I know what you're talking about and I agree with you. I also happen to agree with what I said too. And I'm not the only one.
I agree that people will have delusions about what happens in the world and why , and some get so focused on what they have been taught that anything that does not line up with what they have been taught they just toss out without taking the time to study it , as they think they already understand all that is needed - which is why they don't absorb all what scripture has to say - they get stuck on a doctrine without taking the time to see if there are any errors in it , and quick to to say they are right when they aren't

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I agree. The real metaphor would be the temple that the Jews had. It was just a shadow of the real thing. The building structure is the real metaphor and the real temple is the body of Christ.

Exactly!

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I agree. The real metaphor would be the temple that the Jews had. It was just a shadow of the real thing. The building structure is the real metaphor and the real temple is the body of Christ.
That is something that you should talk about with those in Israel and also pray and ask about the temple that will be built according to Jesus as John has revealed
Rev11
I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The book of the revelation of Jesus Thee Christ was written after 95 A.D.
Rev 11
I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

This temple is Not the one some people try to say was in 70 AD - it cannot be as the vision given to John at least 20 years after that temple was destroyed

That's the new Jerusalem is it not?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is something that you should talk about with those in Israel and also pray and ask about the temple that will be built according to Jesus as John has revealed
Rev11
The bible says God does not reside in houses made with human hands. It also says we are the temple and it also says Gods spirit is within us thereby affirming that truth.

• Agree
Reactions: Inkfingers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The book of the revelation of Jesus Thee Christ was written after 95 A.D.
Rev 11

This temple is Not the one some people try to say was in 70 AD - it cannot be as the vision given to John at least 20 years after that temple was destroyed

Interesting, I never really looked at Revelation 11 in that light. I will consider.

I will say though that the "delusion" is already underway through false teaching on a large scale.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Possibly the outer court refers to the outer man which is corrupt and damned? We are priests who can enter the holy place.
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^ Seriously - you'd go to that extreme to avoid accepting that a real temple of God will be built - the entire chapter is connected with each of the events

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Interesting, I never really looked at Revelation 11 in that light. I will consider.

I will say though that the "delusion" is already underway through false teaching on a large scale.
Well there is false teaching in many ways happening , but 2Thess2 the strong delusion is referring to when the man of lawlessness goes in to the temple that is yet to be built , but will be built soon , he will defame the True God and call himself God - he will be the same person that some call thee Antichrist - who is also known as Man of Sin - the person who is destined to perdition -
What I find interesting is people will accept history of OT things and yet will reject the fact that similar events will happen again - The bible as a whole tells the story of what has happened and what will happen and even tells us that what has happened will happen again - but some folks today will not believe it

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seriously - you'd go to that extreme to avoid accepting that a real temple of God will be built
No new temple, no more animal sacrifice, no more Levite priesthood, all gone. It's not in Scripture, punto.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
No new temple, no more animal sacrifice, no more Levite priesthood, all gone. It's not in Scripture, punto.
You need to read the bible more carefully
Rev11
I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days,

the Two witnesses have not yet come and the temple will be built

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you think the Gentiles will trample the temple in the New Jerusalem for 42 months ? then Will God send his Two Witnesses to the New Jerusalem ? ;)

The whole vision is one in heaven and ends with the temple in heaven being opened.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The whole vision is one in heaven and ends with the temple in heaven being opened.
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^
Obviously you are either in denial of the truth or you just do not understand that the Book of the revelation of Jesus thee Christ is a book of prophetic events to happen ON Earth -
Do you really think Jesus will send his Two Witnesses to people in heaven to testify to those in heaven that Jesus Reigns ? Do you really think that the temple of God in chap 11 that is trampled by Gentiles for 42 months is in heaven ?

Wake up

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^
Obviously you are either in denial of the truth or you just do not understand that the Book of the revelation of Jesus thee Christ is a book of prophetic events to happen ON Earth -
Do you really think Jesus will send his Two Witnesses to people in heaven to testify to those in heaven that Jesus Reigns ? Do you really think that the temple of God in chap 11 that is trampled by Gentiles for 42 months is in heaven ?

Wake up

Are not the gentile multitude in heaven at some point....

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are not the gentile multitude in heaven at some point....
The Scripture clearly says that the Gentiles will Trample the temple of God for 42 months and God will send his Two Witnesses
Do you really believe that Gentiles could trample the temple in heaven ?
come on now - read the bible and learn
Your ideas are opposite of the the Holy Scripture says in clear language

Upvote 0